PS4 vs XBOX ONE (What would you buy and why? No fanboy like comments please)
Oct 15, 2013 at 3:25 AM Post #362 of 1,094
I have to admit that I have never used the Kinect and am looking forward to having a play although it is probably not my kind of thing.

I play a lot of racing games, I use a cockpit setup, so if they can implement Kinect correctly so you can look around within the car and out the side windows and up to the rear view mirror, then that would be pretty cool, saying that it may already be implemented in to the latest Forza but I would love it in the Codemaster F1 games.

Oct 18, 2013 at 7:31 PM Post #364 of 1,094
Unfortunate ;(
Though I am positive it's not Sony's fault but the government's... Or so I have read....
I'd import if I were you.

Oct 18, 2013 at 7:43 PM Post #365 of 1,094
Wikipedia has the PS4 launch only a month or so away - seems like we waited for at least 5 years ..... :wink:

I'll wait for the initial hysteria to die down then either buy one or look for a discounted PS3 somewhere around April/May 2014. Will be interesting to see the queues in that first week of madness - Sony should be sitting on a goldmine with this thing, but they've shown in the past that they dont always have the marketing to match their engineering.

Oct 20, 2013 at 8:08 PM Post #366 of 1,094
  Any word any new headphones from Sony or Microsoft to accompany there new system launches?

Polk 4 Shot looks interesting.  Per the description on amazon it appears the XBOX One will transmit game and chat audio to the controller; then there's just one cable from the controller to the Polk 4 Shot.  I assume the Turtle Beach XO seven works similarly.  Helps explain why they have a proprietary jack on the controller and the headphones are cheaper if simulated surround is being done by the XBOX One (or headphone audio from the game?). 

Oct 21, 2013 at 8:50 AM Post #368 of 1,094
I wonder how noisy these consoles would be. With my xbox slim, even when playing installed games (disk is read only at the beginning) it's still a beast in noise and vibration. Had to put 5 layers of rubber mats beneath it to deaden vibrations.

Wonder how good/poor the new one's going to be.

Oct 21, 2013 at 9:12 AM Post #369 of 1,094
The better HW specs on the PS4 makes me want to go that route, but since I play mostly FPS I'll probably go xbox again for Titanfall and Halo 5.   I really don't want Kinect though and most of my gaming is with a projector setup so I can't wave my arms about without blocking the image from the projector anyway.  I know MS had said there won't be an xbox one sold without Kinect, but I wonder if PS4 sales are significantly higher through the holiday if in the spring there will be a version sold without kinect.  I also may be interested in getting a Titanfall themed edition if one is available.

Oct 21, 2013 at 6:25 PM Post #373 of 1,094
Anyone think you'll be able to buy an xbox one on launch day? I had one pre-ordered but stupidly decided to cancel my pre-order and just get the PS4, now I really want an xbox. anyone think they will be available in store before the holidays?

Oct 21, 2013 at 7:00 PM Post #374 of 1,094
  Anyone think you'll be able to buy an xbox one on launch day? I had one pre-ordered but stupidly decided to cancel my pre-order and just get the PS4, now I really want an xbox. anyone think they will be available in store before the holidays?

You've done the right thing IMO.

Not sure about XBONE availability,

Oct 21, 2013 at 7:06 PM Post #375 of 1,094
IDK I'm an xbox fan, even used to play halo competitively. Never owned a PS3. I'm getting PS4 for Killzone (never played any previous KZ games before, but it looks pretty cool) and BF4. The xbox one was always in the cards for me I was just pissed about the specs/raw power compared to the PS4 and having to buy with Kinect. I really want to play Forza on launch
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back