PS4 vs XBOX ONE (What would you buy and why? No fanboy like comments please)
Aug 3, 2013 at 11:50 AM Post #331 of 1,094
Here's an update on the Index Holdings bankruptcy...

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/08/02/report-sega-sammy-interested-in-bidding-for-atlus-parent-company/

Sega Sammy being among the bidders isn't a surprise. I wonder if we'll get some less expected bidders like during the THQ bankruptcy.

Aug 3, 2013 at 2:50 PM Post #333 of 1,094
Quote:

Some, yes. I tried the main stream ones and got bored. I still love Half-Life, and will play 3 if it ever comes out. I've been meaning to try ME series. But that is about it. I do occasionally play ARMA with friends. but those are far from my every day games. I have a stack of RPGs and platformers that I play far more regularly. 

Yeah for a while FPS was my main genre. Halo and COD and what not. Then I got bored with them and stopped being interested in video games. But it turns out there are other genres out there and now I'm happy once again

Aug 6, 2013 at 7:11 AM Post #334 of 1,094
Yeah for a while FPS was my main genre. Halo and COD and what not. Then I got bored with them and stopped being interested in video games. But it turns out there are other genres out there and now I'm happy once again

0_0 wow!

Aug 6, 2013 at 8:46 PM Post #335 of 1,094
Quote:
Atlus is a big name in the East, much more so than in the West. I don't think the big Western publishing companies (EA, Activision-Blizzard, etc.) would be that interested, especially since Atlus' major works don't resonate as well to mainstream Western audiences. Atlus will likely be bought by a Japanese company (Sony, Nintendo, Namco Bandai, etc.) or at the very least an Asian company (GungHo Online Entertainment).

Apparently Sega is seeking to buy Atlus. Sonic the Hedgehog confirmed as P5 protagonist.

Aug 7, 2013 at 12:08 AM Post #336 of 1,094
Sep 18, 2013 at 1:51 AM Post #337 of 1,094

pl....please dont joke like that.

I... I'm so sorry....
I wonder what this will mean for Atlus... Sega, of all companies... So, with sega's partnership with Nintendo and all, might it come to the wii U? Some of the comments are suggesting their games won't be localized anymore. That's a scary thought.

Has anyone changed their mind about the console they care for more? I'd like to see if anyone's opinion has managed to change.

Sep 18, 2013 at 7:56 AM Post #339 of 1,094

I... I'm so sorry....
I wonder what this will mean for Atlus... Sega, of all companies... So, with sega's partnership with Nintendo and all, might it come to the wii U? Some of the comments are suggesting their games won't be localized anymore. That's a scary thought.

Has anyone changed their mind about the console they care for more? I'd like to see if anyone's opinion has managed to change.

Honestly I'm not too worried about localization mainly because Atlus USA is a part of the deal. So as long as that doesn't get shut down, it should be theoretically fine. In fact it might aide other localizations of Sega games, so hopefully another Valkiria Chronicles 3 won't happen. But this is all conjecture. I'm willing to give Sega a shot. They aren't a bad company and there are far worse that could have won. 

And no, I'm still gunning for PS4 over the XBone. Still don't like being watched. 

Sep 18, 2013 at 4:21 PM Post #340 of 1,094
I'm into JRPGs and FPS games. Does that make me weird? I'm as likely to buy a new CoD as much as a new Final Fantasy. One for quick pick up and play, the other when I wanna immerse myself, and play for hours on end.

They're basically the only two types of games I would pay full value for. Everything else I rent or wait until they're heabily discounted, like on Steam.

As for which system. I'm mostly going for PS4 because they get JRPGs and better exclusives for my taste. I'd love to own an XBOne, but this time around, I'm not gonna spend money on consoles I'll rarely touch. This gen, it makes sense to get whiever has the better exclusives for you, since 3rd party games are gonna be pretty on par regardless of which system you get. Last gen, most 3rd party games looked and played better on the 360, due to it being the lead system.

Sep 18, 2013 at 7:04 PM Post #341 of 1,094
  I prefer PS4 because I can take it anywhere unlike 360 I can play only when I am in house.

Oh you haven´t been updated on what happened the last two months or so. MS has done a 180 on pretty much everything. They will work the same drm wise. To start with anyway it appears.

Sep 18, 2013 at 7:16 PM Post #342 of 1,094
I believe hes referring to being able to access your ps4 and most games from the PSVita from anywhere as long as you have a good internet connection.

Sep 18, 2013 at 7:52 PM Post #343 of 1,094
Im an xbox 360 fan. I originally pre-ordered a xBone (That's what I call it), then I cancelled and found a pre-order for PS4 last week at my local Wal Mart. I think I'm going to get Killzone and maybe COD and take it from there. I wish they just removed the Kinect and lowered it $100, they would be a lot more competitive that way, even if they still sell like crazy. I'm also pissed that UK buyers can get Fifa 14 or Forza with pre-order. US customers get nothing, that isn't right. 

Whatever happens, I will eventually get an xBone for Halo, Forza, maybe Destiny, and Titanfall. MMMMMMM Titanfall. I never had a PS3 so I hope I'm making the right choice from the start.

Sep 18, 2013 at 8:12 PM Post #344 of 1,094
  Im an xbox 360 fan. I originally pre-ordered a xBone (That's what I call it), then I cancelled and found a pre-order for PS4 last week at my local Wal Mart. I think I'm going to get Killzone and maybe COD and take it from there. I wish they just removed the Kinect and lowered it $100, they would be a lot more competitive that way, even if they still sell like crazy. I'm also pissed that UK buyers can get Fifa 14 or Forza with pre-order. US customers get nothing, that isn't right. 

Whatever happens, I will eventually get an xBone for Halo, Forza, maybe Destiny, and Titanfall. MMMMMMM Titanfall. I never had a PS3 so I hope I'm making the right choice from the start.

I'd like to ask, does the Xbox have at least a good games that aren't fps? The only game I've really heard of that I'd like on the xbox is Lost Odyssey. Really, the xbox feels like a shooter-only console.

Sep 18, 2013 at 8:28 PM Post #345 of 1,094
Tales of Vesperia, Star Ocean: The Last Hope (for awhile, it wasn't on the ps3).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back