PS4 vs XBOX ONE (What would you buy and why? No fanboy like comments please)
Oct 29, 2013 at 8:19 AM Post #392 of 1,094
Oct 29, 2013 at 9:07 AM Post #394 of 1,094
Oct 29, 2013 at 9:28 PM Post #396 of 1,094
I just got the processing email for my Oculus Rift! SOON!
biggrin.gif

Oct 29, 2013 at 11:33 PM Post #397 of 1,094
I'm hoping I live long enough to see the PS4 in the stores - feel like its been at least 10 years since they started marketing it  :D

Oct 30, 2013 at 3:50 AM Post #398 of 1,094
At this stage the PS4, I'm not planning on getting either on release, I had both xbox and ps3 this generation, ps4 seems to have more games that appeal to me, however I'll probably end up having both by the end of the generation.

Oct 30, 2013 at 11:49 AM Post #399 of 1,094
Haha, I found a picture that puts my thoughts on the controllers much more simply.

People saying that the Playstation controller is the unsymmetrical one... You don't put your hands on the face buttons. They don't belong there. Your two thumbs stay on the analog sticks the entire time. If you do end up having to press a face button, you're thumb flies to the face button, clicks it, and flies back faster than should be perceivable by the human eye. Why would you ever leave the thumb on the face buttons?

Also, why would your thumb ever go up? When I let my hands go limp, my thumbs point sideways, not up. You have to constantly be holding your thumb pointing in the wrong direction to use that left stick. It makes the Xbox controller so hard to use! It is so weird for me to think that most people's thumbs don't naturally rest above the dualshock analog sticks.

Oct 30, 2013 at 12:31 PM Post #400 of 1,094
  Haha, I found a picture that puts my thoughts on the controllers much more simply.

People saying that the Playstation controller is the unsymmetrical one... You don't put your hands on the face buttons. They don't belong there. Your two thumbs stay on the analog sticks the entire time. If you do end up having to press a face button, you're thumb flies to the face button, clicks it, and flies back faster than should be perceivable by the human eye. Why would you ever leave the thumb on the face buttons?

Also, why would your thumb ever go up? When I let my hands go limp, my thumbs point sideways, not up. You have to constantly be holding your thumb pointing in the wrong direction to use that left stick. It makes the Xbox controller so hard to use! It is so weird for me to think that most people's thumbs don't naturally rest above the dualshock analog sticks.

I would take that for granted as well, though it seems only certain gamers can comprehend it :D

Oct 30, 2013 at 3:00 PM Post #401 of 1,094
The problem isn't what that picture is pointing out, its the way those sticks line up in relation to where the controller places your palm. (Personally) The PS controller kills the joint at the base of my thumb.

It's like putting your 4 fingers on the F1-F4 keys on a keyboard and your thumb on the space bar = DualShock

Then doing the same and putting the tip of your thumb on the B or N key = Xbox

Its a difference of like 1/2" but it takes so much strain off.

Oct 30, 2013 at 10:00 PM Post #403 of 1,094
The problem isn't what that picture is pointing out, its the way those sticks line up in relation to where the controller places your palm. (Personally) The PS controller kills the joint at the base of my thumb.

It's like putting your 4 fingers on the F1-F4 keys on a keyboard and your thumb on the space bar = DualShock

Then doing the same and putting the tip of your thumb on the B or N key = Xbox

Its a difference of like 1/2" but it takes so much strain off.

I... I either don't get what you're saying, or you have a really strange keyboard.

Maybe you're putting too much pressure on the controller? It should float in your hand. Just make sure the levitator is on.

Oct 30, 2013 at 10:52 PM Post #404 of 1,094
  I... I either don't get what you're saying, or you have a really strange keyboard.

Maybe you're putting too much pressure on the controller? It should float in your hand. Just make sure the levitator is on.

Lol, it's just a normal full sized desktop keyboard..... but don't overthink it..... long story short, the position of the sticks on a PS controller strain my hand after long sessions.

Oct 31, 2013 at 6:45 AM Post #405 of 1,094
The problem with the PS3 analog layout is that your left thumb is almost always on the stick. The placement is more natural on the 360 controller. Having owned both systems for so long, you'd be crazy in thinking the PS3 stick layout was comparable or better than the 360 layout.

The right analog being on the bottom half is perfect, because you are constantly switching between the buttons and the stick. Also many games won't even utilize the right stick all that much, wbile the left stick is always used.

I will always prefer the 360 layout, but the PS layout is still functional.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back