PS4 vs XBOX ONE (What would you buy and why? No fanboy like comments please)
Mar 12, 2014 at 9:23 AM Post #796 of 1,094
Amstrad CPC 464
Commodore Amiga A500+
Sega Megadrive
Super Nintendo
Nintendo 64
Sega Saturn
Playstation
Sega Dreamcast
Playstation 2
Nintendo Gamecube
Xbox
Playstation 3

Are the games machines I've owned, but not all at the same time lol.
I've done a lot of gaming over the years
biggrin.gif
I've also played my mates arcade boards, classics like Rastan Saga, Vulcan Venture, Final fight, etc. Ah, good times.

I started with the Atari Amstrad CPC 664 Master system megadrive (nearly bought a Atari jaguar)Super Nintendo Nintendo 64 Dreamcast Xbox N-gage Xbox360 Wii Ps3(not played yet) Gaming pc and Hyperspin arcade cabinet..my mates had C64s Amigas and Saturns!

Mar 12, 2014 at 11:30 AM Post #799 of 1,094
Ah Sega Rally :bigsmile_face: I bought a Saturn pretty much because of that game. After the disappointing conversion of Daytona USA, I was leaning towards the Playstation, but then I saw Sega Rally on a UK tv show called Bad Influence and it was thus decided, I needed a Saturn.
I played that game for weeks, loved it. What a great time for games the 90's was, gamings golden decade. The leap from 2D to 3D, sprites to polygons. It had everything the 90's, lol.
I remember seeing Ridge Racer on an import Playstation in a shop, and just being utterly blown away, life changing moment haha.
Another life changing moment was being in a games shop playing Street Fighter II the coin op with my mate and the SNES version was running at the same time behind the counter. "Oh my god! it's exactly the same as the arcade!!". It wasn't, lol, but still it was incredible that such a good conversion was even on a home console.
Anyway I could waffle on about games all day lol. I'm going to do a spot of gaming tonight I reckon.

Mar 12, 2014 at 11:41 AM Post #801 of 1,094
yeah I play A LOT of consoles - for the games - which is why I find rooting for a particular console/brand a terrible and stupid concept which I realised around the PS/Saturn era. If a system has the game I want to play, I saved the money to buy it.

This. I'm a fan of good quality, well made games, I don't care what machine they're on.
Nice to see all the games machines you peeps own/have owned. I wish I still had all mine, lol.

Mar 12, 2014 at 11:51 AM Post #802 of 1,094
(nearly bought a Atari jaguar)

I literally sucked air between my teeth then said "ooooooo" then grimaced, when I read that. Close call :D The poor Jag was hideously underpowered, developers weren't really interested. It just couldn't live with the big boys. And THAT control pad... holy s**t... One of the big console failures along with the 3DO and the Philips CDI.

Mar 12, 2014 at 2:46 PM Post #803 of 1,094
I literally sucked air between my teeth then said "ooooooo" then grimaced, when I read that. Close call
biggrin.gif
The poor Jag was hideously underpowered, developers weren't really interested. It just couldn't live with the big boys. And THAT control pad... holy s**t... One of the big console failures along with the 3DO and the Philips CDI.

When it was released I went around every game shop in London and they were either sold out or they didn't stock them..i ended up in enfield town the only shop that had them in was a pay monthly shop..the man behind the counter said I could have one but not for cash just on a pay monthly thing..I think the retail price was about three hundred quid and he worked It out on his computer how much it would cost me on this pay monthly crap and it was about nine hundred pound..i just went to the nearest game shop and got myself a snes! 

Mar 12, 2014 at 3:51 PM Post #805 of 1,094
  Don't forget the amazing DAYTONAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

I still play all the old consoles despite some of them being before my time. The genesis is probably my fave and its one hell of a console. Too bad its often overshadowed by the popularity of the SNES.

The music on this at the time was unbelievable..it still sounds good now!

Mar 19, 2014 at 5:53 AM Post #808 of 1,094
  Yes the PS4 has some voice control. The Xbone has that tv junk on it (I forget what it actually includes).

Sadly in this day in age both still lack Blast Processing.

The PS4 includes voice control, but apparently only as an optional thing on their PS Eye.
The XBOne has voice control from the get-go, thanks to its Kinect 2.0. As for the 'TV junk' that you mentioned, the XBOne can connect to your set-top box so that it pretty much gives you your TV from there.

Not saying this in favor of the XBOne -- I hate that thing a lot, though the 360 was pretty good. 

Mar 19, 2014 at 8:23 AM Post #809 of 1,094
Will I be able to get sound from the ps4's blue ray player over optical if my dac is stereo without any decoders..need to know this, I am buying the new console next week..it's either a ps4 or xbox one but I really want a ps4, if I can't get sound with a ps4 but can with the xbox one it will have to be a xbox one.my monitor has no speakers so I won't be able to get any sound only through my dac amp speakers and headset!

Mar 19, 2014 at 12:11 PM Post #810 of 1,094
Will I be able to get sound from the ps4's blue ray player over optical if my dac is stereo without any decoders..need to know this, I am buying the new console next week..it's either a ps4 or xbox one but I really want a ps4, if I can't get sound with a ps4 but can with the xbox one it will have to be a xbox one.my monitor has no speakers so I won't be able to get any sound only through my dac amp speakers and headset!

Pretty sure you will if you select the right settings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back