PS4 vs XBOX ONE (What would you buy and why? No fanboy like comments please)
Feb 23, 2014 at 12:26 PM Post #766 of 1,094
  Playstation Plus subscription 

But seriously, I bought a PS4 and it's just been collecting dust. I've used it more for Crackle than playing games. Heck, I turn on the PS3 more often than the PS4. Just because your friends have one, there's seriously no pressure if you don't have a PS4 or even a Xbox One, there isn't anything worth buying these consoles. 

Be mainly for ps4..thanks for your reply!

Feb 23, 2014 at 6:05 PM Post #767 of 1,094
It's true. As of right now, neither systems are worth getting. By the end of this year is when it will be the right time for them. I have my ps4, and I'm just looking for a reason to play it. My ps3 is about to get a LOT more use. Gotta love the support it's getting. I just wish the ps4 was backwards compatible, so I could sell the ps3.

Feb 23, 2014 at 9:45 PM Post #768 of 1,094
I have been enjoying my PS4 recently. I cannot decide if it was completely worth it or not. Outlast was enjoyable for the short time it lasted. I put a decent amount of time into BF4, and am playing KZ Shadow Fall a decent amount. I also will probably pick up NFS Rivals soon and that will hold me off until infamous comes out. So I will put some use into mine, but I still feel like its nothing that I have to have. There are some decent games out there, but a lot of them have been multiplatform 

I think what bums me out this release so far is the lack of options. Everything I run into seems severely limited to something stupid. I had this problem with the Wii U as well. 

Feb 24, 2014 at 2:00 PM Post #769 of 1,094
Microsoft has cut the price of the Xbox One in the UK to £400. The new price will kick in on Friday February 28th. Also announced is a new bundle including an Xbox One and the Titanfall game, also for £400. This is available for pre-order from today. The Titanfall offer comes with special edition Titanfall packaging and includes an Xbox One console, Kinect sensor, standard Xbox One wireless controller, standard Xbox One Chat Headset, one month of Xbox Live Gold membership and a digital copy of Titanfall from Respawn Entertainment and Electronic Arts. Sounds like a decent deal, then. Harvey Eagle, Marketing Director, Xbox UK said: "At Xbox, we believe there’s never been a better time to join the new console generation. "To help our fans do just that, Xbox One will be available at the new UK estimated retail price (ERP) of £399.99 from February 28th." The Xbox One is currently being outsold in no small way by the PS4, even though the PS4 only went on sale in its native Japan last Saturday. So it's easy to see the price cut as a simple attempt to boost sales of the new Xbox. And we can drink to that. If you want to pre-order the Xbox One Titanfall bundle, you can do so here

Feb 24, 2014 at 2:12 PM Post #770 of 1,094
  Microsoft has cut the price of the Xbox One in the UK to £400. The new price will kick in on Friday February 28th. Also announced is a new bundle including an Xbox One and the Titanfall game, also for £400. This is available for pre-order from today. The Titanfall offer comes with special edition Titanfall packaging and includes an Xbox One console, Kinect sensor, standard Xbox One wireless controller, standard Xbox One Chat Headset, one month of Xbox Live Gold membership and a digital copy of Titanfall from Respawn Entertainment and Electronic Arts. Sounds like a decent deal, then. Harvey Eagle, Marketing Director, Xbox UK said: "At Xbox, we believe there’s never been a better time to join the new console generation. "To help our fans do just that, Xbox One will be available at the new UK estimated retail price (ERP) of £399.99 from February 28th." The Xbox One is currently being outsold in no small way by the PS4, even though the PS4 only went on sale in its native Japan last Saturday. So it's easy to see the price cut as a simple attempt to boost sales of the new Xbox. And we can drink to that. If you want to pre-order the Xbox One Titanfall bundle, you can do so here

Citing Martin's post. Plagiarism is an issue.

http://www.whathifi.com/news/xbox-one-uk-price-cut-to-%C2%A3400

Feb 25, 2014 at 12:39 AM Post #771 of 1,094
I always thought having the thumbsticks in the same spot made sense. To me the PS4 controller feels "natural" where as the XBones controller is sort of strange. Our hands are the same on both sides, why does Microsoft feel the thumbsticks need to be in different places!?!?!  The 360 always made my hands hurt after a while..

Feb 25, 2014 at 12:53 AM Post #772 of 1,094
I agree the Playstation controls have always been more comfortable to me. The Wii U Pro controller is pretty comfortable as well once you get used to it. It starts off being very awkward with having all the face buttons below the sticks.

Also on the xbone, I think the price drop in the US would not be that shocking to me at all. The xbones around me are selling like crap. They are in stock everywhere and companies are posting signs up saying they are in stock all around the store. I do not think Titanfall is going to be the saving grace everybody is thinking it is going to be. It looks very overhyped imo. Granted I have not played it. but after watching videos it does not look anything special. It looks more of the range of Starhawk/Warhawk quality. In that it will be a really fun game, but only a select group will really love it and enjoy it for what it is. Not a system seller they are pushing it to be. On top of that it is also on PC which does not help.

Feb 27, 2014 at 10:37 AM Post #773 of 1,094
  I always thought having the thumbsticks in the same spot made sense. To me the PS4 controller feels "natural" where as the XBones controller is sort of strange. Our hands are the same on both sides, why does Microsoft feel the thumbsticks need to be in different places!?!?!  The 360 always made my hands hurt after a while..

Actually the 360 layout (which was derived from the Dreamcast controller) makes more sense and is arguably more ergonomic.  

Ever since the the original Nintendo, controllers were designed such that you spend the majority of the time with your left thumb controlling movements while the majority of the time of your right thumb hitting buttons, so already both thumbs do different things so that it actually doesn't makes sense to have a symmetrical layout where both thumb sticks on the same level like the PlayStation one because your thumbs won't be placed level the majority of the time in such a layout.  This is especially true now that more and more games uses the analog stick over the D-pad for movement, so the D-pad should become the secondary input instead of the primary, and the more natural thumb position is up high, not stretch low.  

Also don't forget the DualShock was originally just the PlayStation controller with the thumb sticks tacked on at the botton during the middle of the lifespan of the original PlayStation so it was a stop gap solution that got stuck due to familiarity and not because it was actually designed well.  It actually makes less sense that Sony never bothered to improve the layout as the console generation moved on and still insist on having the less used D-pad in the primary position.

Feb 27, 2014 at 11:49 PM Post #774 of 1,094
I agree. My perfect controller would be the Dualshock 4 with the 360 analog layout.

Feb 28, 2014 at 9:21 AM Post #776 of 1,094
I don't find any issues with either... I've arguably spent more time with the PS controllers but own both and have no problems switching whatsoever...
Does really anyone find it problematic? What does it matter if the joysticks are next to each other or not...

Feb 28, 2014 at 11:20 AM Post #777 of 1,094
That being said, the PS4 I have zero issues with, even if I prefer the left analog and dpad switched.

It's much better than the PS3 controller.

I actually prefer the 360 controller over the XB1s which I feel is shaped oddly.

Feb 28, 2014 at 1:07 PM Post #778 of 1,094
So I got my A30s in. Definitely better. It no longer sounds completely anemic and one sided. Still I'd take the Slyr over the A30s any day of the week. The A30s don't even remotely come close to the DNA On Ear, which is basically a huge improvement in every single aspect, from what I'm hearing. Still, it's gonna take me some time to get to reviewing these. I'll be starting my DNA On Ear review soon.

Now having the BoomPro, the DNA just makes a clear choice over the A30s for me. Obviously completely different price ranges, but there's no reason for me to own the A30s. They work, and I'll probably sell them for cheap.

Mar 4, 2014 at 1:38 AM Post #780 of 1,094

Actually the 360 layout (which was derived from the Dreamcast controller) makes more sense and is arguably more ergonomic.  

Ever since the the original Nintendo, controllers were designed such that you spend the majority of the time with your left thumb controlling movements while the majority of the time of your right thumb hitting buttons, so already both thumbs do different things so that it actually doesn't makes sense to have a symmetrical layout where both thumb sticks on the same level like the PlayStation one because your thumbs won't be placed level the majority of the time in such a layout.  This is especially true now that more and more games uses the analog stick over the D-pad for movement, so the D-pad should become the secondary input instead of the primary, and the more natural thumb position is up high, not stretch low.  

Also don't forget the DualShock was originally just the PlayStation controller with the thumb sticks tacked on at the botton during the middle of the lifespan of the original PlayStation so it was a stop gap solution that got stuck due to familiarity and not because it was actually designed well.  It actually makes less sense that Sony never bothered to improve the layout as the console generation moved on and still insist on having the less used D-pad in the primary position.

Modern 3D games use two sticks that your thumbs will be on 90% of the time. I fail to see your logic in your argument. On top of that, old-school (NES, SNES)controllers paced your thumbs in the same spot. It doesnt matter what they were doing, but they were symmetrical.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back