PS4 vs XBOX ONE (What would you buy and why? No fanboy like comments please)
Jan 3, 2014 at 5:53 AM Post #571 of 1,094

LOL. I doubt the consoles, themselves, are garbage because of the lack of launch titles. Wait until you get one and experience it for yourself... you'll eat your words :)

I know how good the consoles are, that's true. But considering my location, both consoles are trash compared to their predecessors. The new consoles have a lot of social features (like video/photo capture with instant share to FB or YT, along with TV streaming with Netflix or other services, etc etc) which, sadly, don't work in my area. Add that to regional limitations (DRM and other stuff) and I would rather spend the money on a lot of games on Steam during their annual sales.
     To my bottom line, the new consoles are awesome, but only if you live in North America or Europe. To my knowledge, China is never supported on PSN or XBL. Not even the App and Play Stores release their entire library in China. It's a godforsaken country where I live in, but I've lived with it for half of my life, so I guess I don't really care anymore.

Jan 4, 2014 at 12:02 AM Post #572 of 1,094
For either its best to wait. Sony has a bad track record of putting in sub par optical readers, and MS has a bad record of rushing the hardware and giving people "phantom" issues" Currentlt theirs talk that the XBOX1 leaks fluid. Dont know if its true or not. But to be honest Im not thrilled with either console (and this is coming from an XBOX hacking site admin) Even mods on our XBOX1 site are talking going PS4 not 1, but personally I see both as a bad investment until at least the the reincarnation so to speak and theyve started to address any issues found in the original release.

Jan 4, 2014 at 12:07 AM Post #573 of 1,094
I have the accidental protection plan on PS4 that covers me for three years. So no worries here and well worth the extra $60.

Also, I will add and say that whether a new gen console is worth the buy really depends on what you have right now. If you have a gaming PC then no... not at this moment. But if all you game on is consoles and you are on 360/PS3 then yes... a new gen console is definitely worth the purchase.

Jan 4, 2014 at 4:29 AM Post #574 of 1,094
Yeah, having a gaming laptop... buying a PS4 is nearly pointless for me, with the exception of preferring the CoD community (and I prefer playing against controller gamers, since K&M players would destroy me,) and I get to play with my friends who really only play on consoles.

PC gaming is just a LOOOOOOT cheaper, and my laptop is more powerful than the PS4 in general.

Jan 4, 2014 at 1:55 PM Post #575 of 1,094
I bought the PS4 on launch, been with PS since the PS1. Im loving it so far but will be glad when Sony patches in more goodies like they did with the PS3. It also kind of sucks that there isnt many games out yet, I do have AC4, BF4 and Ghosts to hold me over until more titles come out.

Jan 7, 2014 at 1:04 AM Post #582 of 1,094
I could argue the same for the xbox one and ps4.

Not really. To build an equivalent PC you will end up spending around the same amount.

That means it's right on par with current generation hardware. In some cases they are ahead. Where can you buy DDR5 ram for a PC? Where can you get a motion sensor on a PC as high quality as the ONE?

Jan 7, 2014 at 2:10 AM Post #583 of 1,094
  Not really. To build an equivalent PC you will end up spending around the same amount.

That means it's right on par with current generation hardware. In some cases they are ahead. Where can you buy DDR5 ram for a PC? Where can you get a motion sensor on a PC as high quality as the ONE?

GDDR5 has been in GPU's for years. I wouldn't really call Kintect 2 "high quality". That thing has big issues even recognizing my voice commands... "Xbox, on, Xbox, on...., XBOX ON!!!!"

Jan 7, 2014 at 2:18 AM Post #584 of 1,094
I wouldn't judge strictly by the "xbox on" command.  I have troubles with that one particular and only that one particular command.  I think the kinect is in standby mode while the xbox is off and it affects its ability to pick up that command.

On a side note, using your hands to maneuver with kinect can be kind of glitchy.  Usually it's fine, but occasionally my hands spike all over the screen.

Jan 7, 2014 at 2:21 AM Post #585 of 1,094
  I wouldn't judge strictly by the "xbox on" command.  I have troubles with that one particular and only that one particular command.  I think the kinect is in standby mode while the xbox is off and it affects its ability to pick up that command.

On a side note, using your hands to maneuver with kinect can be kind of glitchy.  Usually it's fine, but occasionally my hands spike all over the screen.

I have issues with other commands as well. The Xbox on command is the most annoying though and if your TV volume is a little high, you will be repeating yourself constantly. Hopefully it improves over time with updates from MS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back