Ps3 to Ibasso D10 optical question.
Sep 5, 2009 at 1:30 AM Post #2 of 15
Sure thing, if the PS has an optical output.

Feb 22, 2010 at 8:34 AM Post #4 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Puro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Simple Question, If I was to get an Ibasso D10, could I connect the PS3 to the Ibasso D10s optical and listen to my headphones?

Did you do this?
I'm curious how it worked out.
Did you need to set the output to stereo mode?

Thanks.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 22, 2010 at 2:11 PM Post #5 of 15
Curious also!
*On your impressions when having tried this, that is
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Simple Question, If I was to get an Ibasso D10, could I connect the PS3 to the Ibasso D10s optical and listen to my headphones?

Apr 8, 2010 at 2:45 PM Post #6 of 15
Hey!

I have tried to connect a D10 to PS3 via optical cable and the sound was fantastic when listening to music on the PS3 hard drive. However when trying to play a game through the D10 amplifier with Grado SR125is cans all I get is distortion! Is this anything to do with the way the sound is encoded on the ps3 blue ray discs or is there a simple solution to this?

Many thanks.

Apr 8, 2010 at 4:06 PM Post #10 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by RT MAYN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the reply!

Perhaps not! Can anyone back this up? Anyone tried to watch a blue ray with a iBasso D10 connected?

Got this info from somewhere else. The D10 has no hw/sw to decode these audio formats.

"What audio codecs will Blu-ray support?
Linear PCM (LPCM) - up to 8 channels of uncompressed audio. (mandatory)
Dolby Digital (DD) - format used for DVDs, 5.1-channel surround sound. (mandatory)
Dolby Digital Plus (DD+) - extension of Dolby Digital, 7.1-channel surround sound. (optional)
Dolby TrueHD - lossless encoding of up to 8 channels of audio. (optional)
DTS Digital Surround - format used for DVDs, 5.1-channel surround sound. (mandatory)
DTS-HD High Resolution Audio - extension of DTS, 7.1-channel surround sound. (optional)
DTS-HD Master Audio - lossless encoding of up to 8 channels of audio. (optional)"

Apr 8, 2010 at 9:13 PM Post #13 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by RT MAYN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey Man!

Thanks for your efforts for looking this issue up! might have to address this to iBasso for there next dac/amp.

No prob. If iBasso can design, manufacture and sell a portable product that supports MP3 and Dolby digital, that would be awesome.

Sep 4, 2010 at 5:17 PM Post #14 of 15

Quote:
Hey!

I have tried to connect a D10 to PS3 via optical cable and the sound was fantastic when listening to music on the PS3 hard drive. However when trying to play a game through the D10 amplifier with Grado SR125is cans all I get is distortion! Is this anything to do with the way the sound is encoded on the ps3 blue ray discs or is there a simple solution to this?

Many thanks.

If you go to the PS3's sound output settings, and de-select the DTS and Dolby options you will be able to use the D10 with games and blu ray movies. I used my Fubar (optical in) from my PS3 and it works fine - maybe I'm wrong but I don't think you benefit from surround sound output with stereo headphones? Hope this helps. Actually I have the D10 in the back of my mind as a future purchase, please tell me how it sounds with games and blu rays.

Oct 12, 2010 at 1:28 AM Post #15 of 15
X2. I have had D10 for a little over a year and used it extensively with PS3 for gaming and even listening to cds for at least half of that before I had a source. I thought it was a great combo especially when using IEMs since D10 and IEMs are small enough to set right next to you without being an inconvenience. This setup worked very nicely for many a nights of great gaming while my wife was asleep. That being said, I wouldn't consider PS3 to be a very good music source as it has too much noise and interference to compete with dedicated sources (IMHO).

Quote:
If you go to the PS3's sound output settings, and de-select the DTS and Dolby options you will be able to use the D10 with games and blu ray movies. I used my Fubar (optical in) from my PS3 and it works fine - maybe I'm wrong but I don't think you benefit from surround sound output with stereo headphones? Hope this helps. Actually I have the D10 in the back of my mind as a future purchase, please tell me how it sounds with games and blu rays.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back