PS Audio GCHA in the house
Oct 21, 2010 at 3:33 PM Post #31 of 34

Quote:
I use Audioquest Black Mamba and Mit output terminator which are 300.00 meter so the issue I have are with both very good interconnects that I swapped in and out. The bass issue for me is that it is soft. My tube Decware has much better bass and better defined. I also had the D7000 which I commented was a better match with the Matrix amp I owned. The amp is nice but its lacks the bass slam and dynamics I have heard in other amps in this price range and even lower. Glad you like yours but this is gonna go back. I have already made arrangements for another SS amp and as for adding another 700 in mods I just dont do modding and IMO for the cost of 1200.00 there are many better solutions out there for me.

I wish I had listened to the Matrix amp. I heard great things from two reviews I have read so far. Project86 compared it the Luxman P-1u, and this is one amp I am more familiar with. I must say that is amazing. It sounds like the M-stage is P-1u's younger brother, so I believe what you mean when you said GCHA lacks bass slam as opposed to the the Matrix. 6moons.com once reviewed the GCHA and mentioned that the sound is "reserved." When I listened to the GCHA, I can hear some reserved sound, but it is very controlled. When connected with the silver resolution XLR's, the sound is held back to a less degree, but it's to the point that I find the sound to be very smooth; not rough or aggressive at all. Therefore, it's a good compensation. Despite this holding-back sound, I still hear great slamming bass and tightness from the GCHA, so I guess I hope to listen to the Luxman again or hear other nice amps like your M-stage in the future.

Dec 13, 2010 at 1:16 AM Post #34 of 34
So far, the GCHA is too mellow for the headphones I've used. I planned to open the K702 this week and try it with the GCHA. Anyone here try those two together?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back