PS Audio GCHA Headphones amp. *** Pictures ***
Mar 20, 2011 at 11:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

DjAmTraX

Now known as: HiFiGuy528
This amp sounds GREAT for the money.  Here are some pictures to share.  
*** Update ***
This amp pairs well with Sony MDR-SA5000 and Denon D7000.

Mar 20, 2011 at 12:39 PM Post #3 of 8
I agree.  The DAC is a bonus.  Works nice with my iPad via Camera Connection Kit.  The iPad sends out digital via USB.

Mar 21, 2011 at 1:36 AM Post #4 of 8
I have used many different headphone amplifiers, some significantly more expensive than the initial $999.00 price of the PS Audio GCHA. I have found that it works exceedingly well with Sennheiser HD 650 headphones and have enjoyed it since 2004. I own the first regular production GCHA ever built and in comparison to the example in your photographs, is quite a bit different. Early versions do not have the XLR inputs, power switch, and "Input Select"-- all of these features were not available. There are also some minor differences in the design of the front faceplate. Its unfortunate that the GCHA was discontinued as it is an outstanding piece and whats more is that PS Audio has an excellent warranty and customer service! 

Best, 
iDesign 

Mar 21, 2011 at 8:59 AM Post #5 of 8
iDesign, can you please post some pictures of yours? I would love to see it.

Mar 27, 2011 at 12:00 PM Post #7 of 8
So far, this amp pairs very well with the Sony MDR-SA5000 and Denon D7000.

Jun 19, 2011 at 8:57 PM Post #8 of 8
Was hoping to see more responses on this thread.  I've been enjoying the same combination since last fall (GCHA with D7000).  The internal DAC is a fantastic feature because it means I don't have to keep moving my DAC (Digital Link III) back and forth between my headphone rig (which is in my office) and my dedicated stereo room.  While the internal DAC is a nice convenience feature, it certainly doesn't stack up to the Digital Link III.  However, I've learned to accept the slight decrease in quality for its convenience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back