Ps audio direct stream dsd DAC
Jul 16, 2014 at 3:00 PM Post #166 of 265
Firmware ???
Previous DAC of comparison ??
Al

Jul 16, 2014 at 3:39 PM Post #167 of 265
I think it was an issue of burn-in Al, nothing more. I thought and still think the lcd-2s were the worst sounding headphone within the first few hours of use; sounded absolutely horrible. Driver needed to loosen up is all, then it sounded excellent. Could not get over the headband comfort issues in the end.

Jul 17, 2014 at 5:55 AM Post #169 of 265
The DS is on anther level than the Hugo but saying this bothers many who own it as I do.
Lampi are any levels to compare. As the level 4 is below the DS the level 5 is on par or a little above
With PCM but DSD is better on the lampi.
For me the DS dies PCM very good and DSD not as good as PCM
I posted this on ps audio forums and got no response
I think the clearly the intent of the DS is pinted at PCM
My B7 lampi is the best I have ever heard period
And this is including my full MSB stack
Al

Jul 17, 2014 at 12:18 PM Post #170 of 265
The DS is on anther level than the Hugo but saying this bothers many who own it as I do.
Lampi are any levels to compare. As the level 4 is below the DS the level 5 is on par or a little above
With PCM but DSD is better on the lampi.
For me the DS dies PCM very good and DSD not as good as PCM
I posted this on ps audio forums and got no response
I think the clearly the intent of the DS is pinted at PCM
My B7 lampi is the best I have ever heard period
And this is including my full MSB stack
Al
The 2 people I know who have had both the Hugo and the ps audio have both said they prefer the Hugo especially over longer listening period's.still everyone's ears are different.

Jul 17, 2014 at 12:36 PM Post #171 of 265
Yes it's true . For me I use the Hugo strictly as a portible device
Al

Jul 17, 2014 at 4:56 PM Post #172 of 265
The 2 people I know who have had both the Hugo and the ps audio have both said they prefer the Hugo especially over longer listening period's.still everyone's ears are different.

They have the directstream? Very few had until recently and now just a handful. I agree with al on directstream vs hugo.

Jul 17, 2014 at 8:55 PM Post #173 of 265
Thanks for agreeing as we own both

Enjoy the unit

Al

Jul 18, 2014 at 12:39 AM Post #174 of 265
I would think hes talking about DS.. he wouldnt be so off topic as to talking about MK2 on a DS thread. I also had Ted b tell me he preffered Hugo over DS. Things might have changed after break in, but he was at 250 hrs on DS whenhe said that..

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

Jul 19, 2014 at 10:03 PM Post #176 of 265
Hey Al, do you use jriver? If so, what jmark score do you get on your various computers? http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f10-music-servers/computer-audiophile-pocket-server-and-jriver-17439/

I'm getting around 5500 with my ppa carded rig. Not sure if you can correlate the jmark score with the sound quality going off the thread above.

Jul 19, 2014 at 10:08 PM Post #177 of 265
Yes I use jriver on the PC. Non caps. And audivana plus on a I Mac.
They both sound very good both I7 intel. I never tried the jmark. I can try this week
Al

Jul 19, 2014 at 10:17 PM Post #178 of 265
Yes it does seem to be all the place.
I ca try later this week coming. I honestly go by sound
I do notice it matters and I feel the faster CPU matters in win 7

It sounds better than my I 5. Given all else is the same.
Especially with DSD. I am building a caps with a Xion
3.5 CPU
Should be ready this week to test
Al

Jul 23, 2014 at 9:55 PM Post #179 of 265
Kind of odd all things considered, but my particular system sounds fine with the phase set to out (which is how I spent the majority of my time listening so far) and somehow more real with phase set to in (which I started with, then switched to out as I preferred that with the mk2). Quite odd considering it did nothing earlier on during burn-in, so I guess crossing 300 hours might have something to do with it. 

Jul 24, 2014 at 6:26 AM Post #180 of 265
Ted did a post on ps audio about what the phase ws really does , it's very complex and not what I thought. I figured it was just making an absolute phase for the speakers it's does but wow I cannot follow all,he said. .
Find it it's a worth while read. Reg why now burn in what burn in makes some changes that I cannot explain but are there so it's fine to feel different about a setting now as opposed to before
Al

Users who are viewing this thread

Back