Proper spelling of "poll"
Jan 28, 2002 at 8:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 52

Russ Arcuri

20% more jawbone...15% less fat...
Well, which is it? I'm starting to like polls more and more...

Jan 28, 2002 at 8:32 PM Post #3 of 52
Russ.. Have you been sniffing bags of flour or something?

lol.. Somehow I think that this thread is gonna end up with a little padlock on it... but, well, i'll let it ride for now... until the added option I put on gets to 5... then... click
tongue.gif

Jan 28, 2002 at 8:47 PM Post #5 of 52
Quote:

Originally posted by Russ Arcuri (in headphone forum)
Hey, I've got an idea! Why not have a poll about what *brand* of headphone you use third most often on Friday nights? That would be great!

First that and now this... Russ is ill. Cure?

Fire. And lots of it.
And no, that's not my cure for everything.

Jan 28, 2002 at 9:07 PM Post #6 of 52
Lock it if you want. It seems like every other question is a poll lately -- with two or three of them variations on the "which brand of headphone do you use?" theme.

I fail to see why you'd lock this thread when there are so many others that have little relevance to headphones. Maybe my sense of humor is just lost on others...

Jan 28, 2002 at 9:12 PM Post #7 of 52
This is so exciting! Right now, in first place amongst official entrants, is "nougat," with 2 votes, followed close behind by "poll" with 1 vote! Yet to garner a vote is "poll," which many people thought would do well in the polling. Dark horse pick "pholl" has also failed to garner the attention some experts thought it would get.

Late entrant "I think this thread should be locked" seems much too long to be a proper spelling of "poll," but has somehow garnered two votes, obviously from poor spellers.

Jan 28, 2002 at 9:14 PM Post #8 of 52
Quote:

Originally posted by Russ Arcuri
Dark horse pick "pholl" has also failed to garner the attention some experts thought it would get.

"Pholl" is making a move!

Jan 28, 2002 at 9:27 PM Post #11 of 52
Quote:

This is so exciting! Right now, in first place amongst official entrants, is "nougat," with 2 votes, followed close behind by "poll" with 1 vote! Yet to garner a vote is "poll," which many people thought would do well in the polling. Dark horse pick "pholl" has also failed to garner the attention some experts thought it would get.

Late entrant "I think this thread should be locked" seems much too long to be a proper spelling of "poll," but has somehow garnered two votes, obviously from poor spellers.

Haha - I actually got excitet by reading that - like listening to a F1 race on the radio
biggrin.gif

Jan 28, 2002 at 9:35 PM Post #12 of 52
Quote:

Originally posted by Duncan
Russ.. Have you been sniffing bags of flour or something?

lol.. Somehow I think that this thread is gonna end up with a little padlock on it... but, well, i'll let it ride for now... until the added option I put on gets to 5... then... click
tongue.gif

Duncan, I think to be fair about this you shouldn't lock the thread unless the votes for "I think this thread should be locked" option is GREATER than the total votes of the other choices. The way it's being done right now, if 5 people want it locked, it will be, even if a dozen or more like it. Come on, the potato chip thread didn't get locked, and it has no more relevance to headphones than this does.

Jan 28, 2002 at 9:36 PM Post #13 of 52
No, don't lock it for a few more hours. I need an image macro from my home computer to do this thread justice.

Jan 28, 2002 at 9:38 PM Post #14 of 52
Quote:

A rash of poor spellers seem to be taking over the forum! "I think this thread should be locked" now has four votes!

In the mean time, "pholl" has risen steadily from last place to first amongst official entrants!

Jan 28, 2002 at 9:39 PM Post #15 of 52
I started the brand poll because someone else posted it, but added a EDIT saying that he fouled up the poll, so I was trying to help him out... Sorry if this irritated you Russ or anyone else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back