Proper spelling of "poll"
Jan 28, 2002 at 9:43 PM Post #16 of 52
Quote:

Originally posted by Audio&Me
I started the brand poll because someone else posted it, but added a EDIT saying that he fouled up the poll, so I was trying to help him out... Sorry if this irritated you Russ or anyone else.

Audio & Me, I wasn't really irritated per se... I just thought it was odd that we were seeing so many polls lately, and I was poking a little fun.

Jan 28, 2002 at 9:46 PM Post #17 of 52
Come on, pholl. I've gotta lot of money riding on you!!

pcheerleader.gif

Jan 28, 2002 at 9:48 PM Post #18 of 52
It gets more exciting by the minute, folks! Early leader "nougat" has once again pulled into the lead, tied with renegade entrant "I think this thread should be locked." Meanwhile, "pull," "pole," "pill," and "poll" are all still languishing with no votes, while "poll" still has only one!

Jan 28, 2002 at 10:42 PM Post #19 of 52
lol, the commentary to this is just far too funny
biggrin.gif

Erm, well... by the original rules, with 14 votes this thread should be well and truly locked up... but, well... it won't hurt to let it roll just a little longer
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 28, 2002 at 10:48 PM Post #20 of 52
I smell a rat... for a long while, we were getting 5-10 views for every vote cast. Now, all of a sudden, we get 8 votes in a row to kill the thread, and the views jumped by only about 10. Duncan, are IPs logged with votes as well as regular replies? Because 8 votes for any option all in a row seems suspicious, especially when the voting had been pretty random up to that point.

I can't believe someone would be so annoyed by this that they would try to rig the voting, but hey, there it is.

If all those votes really are valid, go ahead and lock the thread. I still fail to understand the reasoning behind it, though. This is the "General Discussion" forum...

Jan 28, 2002 at 10:53 PM Post #21 of 52
lol... no rats?

You're taking this too seriously Russ, if i was DEADLY serious, I would've locked the thread... but, hey... its a laugh, and... there are another 8, 9... or however many it is moderators who can pull the plug apart from me and they haven't
smily_headphones1.gif

Sit back, chill... and... hope that POLL actually wins... else, we'll know that this board is full of Dyslexic people
frown.gif
eek.gif
confused.gif
wink.gif

Jan 28, 2002 at 11:04 PM Post #22 of 52
Quote:

Originally posted by Duncan
You're taking this too seriously Russ...

Duncan, I was having fun with it for the most part. But 8 (actually 10, now that I think of it) votes all in a row to kill it after an initial semi-random distribution is very suspicious. The odds against it happening are about a thousand to one or worse, depending on how you figure them. If you can't link IPs to votes, then there's no way to tell. But it's pretty childish for someone to go to the effort to rig a vote for something so trivial.

Jan 28, 2002 at 11:08 PM Post #23 of 52
Well Russ, I have the power (Ooer!) to change the scores on the doors (as it were)... so, if you tell me what you think the lock 'section' should be... i'll edit it for you...

I personally can't see that anyone could've cheated the system.. its only one vote per person?!?

but, like I say, if you think something unfair has happened, let me know, and i'll sort it

[Edit]
Seeing that this thread is so funny.. I've removed my 'addition' to the poll, now... lets see which horse really wins
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 28, 2002 at 11:19 PM Post #25 of 52
My 200th post!!
And ANOTHER useless eater thread!
What a perfect use for it......

Just like lifeforms these threads aren't they?
you feed them and they.........

very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
hehehe

Jan 28, 2002 at 11:22 PM Post #26 of 52
hehehe Setmenu...

...What happened to the last thread about life? Did it die a slow painful death? or... was it locked away?

hehehe... back to the poll, Nougat is well in the lead (and... I must confess to being lost as to where Nougat comes into it?)

Jan 28, 2002 at 11:54 PM Post #28 of 52
OK, here's the image-macro I was wanting earlier, to apply to the inspiration for the thread:
Huh?
Fortunately, the comments happen to be amusing, thus saving the thread.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 29, 2002 at 12:40 AM Post #29 of 52
Nougat currently has as many votes as the rest combined!

No, wait, pholl has another vote, and is coming on strong. Its futile though, as nothing can beat nougat, that simply isn't possible.

Jan 29, 2002 at 12:58 AM Post #30 of 52
Well! Things are certainly strange now, folks! The renegade entrant "I think this thread should be locked" has dropped out of the race after amassing an incredible 15 votes, up from 4 after a run of 11 straight votes! There were accusations of voter irregularities in Seminole, Palm Beach, and Broward counties, and it simply dropped out of the race! Some elderly voters complained that they thought they were voting for "pholl" when they cast their votes for "I think this thread should be locked."

The current standings are as follows: In the lead, with 9 votes, is "nougat," followed by "pholl" with 6 votes. A disappointing evening thus far for "poll," which is still stuck at 1 vote. However, "poll," "pole," and "pill" have all received 1 vote as well, leaving the spot at third place wide open. Only "pull," considered by most polling experts to be the longest of the longshots, remains voteless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back