Proof for the Creative N200 / V200 "click" problem! Pics & Waves.
Jan 20, 2005 at 2:01 AM Post #31 of 65
I had the C100 which had the same problem so I returned it for a refund.

I've read on another forum that the TX FM has the same problem. I have a feeling the V200 will have the same problem as well.

This puts a bad taste in my mouth about Creative MP3 players.

Jan 20, 2005 at 2:21 AM Post #32 of 65
I have heard clicking sound (albeit soft) on my NX 128. However, that is only with use of very sensitive phones (in my case, the e2c). I have use the NX for a while before I upgraded to MuVo2 and if you are using very sensitive phones, I reckon it would bother you too much. Considering how small those things are.

Jan 20, 2005 at 5:00 PM Post #33 of 65
Jan 20, 2005 at 5:42 PM Post #34 of 65
My only suggestion, bread n butter is to go with an iriver flash player that doesn't have the white noise problem ( 900 series, N10. )

Or, to go with a newer iaudio model, G-3 , I5 , that seems not to have the click problem.

Its kind of hard , cause most players use that sigmatel chip , ibead, jens of sweden (I think) creative , iaudio, ect. I know iriver uses philips dac.

Let me know what you find out. I myself would probably go for the I5 , I just bought an n10 for kicks and there is no white noise whatsoever and the amp and eq sounds better than anything I have heard yet. Too bad it is usb 1.1 and no fm or ogg , but it looks cool as hell
biggrin.gif
I too am in the market for a 1 gig flash player, I think I will wait for a bit to see what comes out.

Jan 20, 2005 at 9:14 PM Post #35 of 65
Looks like the mods on the Creative forums are closing every thread concerning this topic now, but I must honestly admit, there really isn't much else to add to it.

Except the occasional bump to keep the thread updated.

I don't know if I should trust their words and get the N200 and wait for the eventual fix.

Jan 20, 2005 at 11:40 PM Post #36 of 65
Summarizing: the backlight noise issue can only be fixed with new hardware (available who-knows-when), the clicks/squeaks durign playback might be 'addressed' by a firmware upgrade scheduled for the end of february, the clicks/pops between tracks could not be reproduced?

Wow, now I don't feel quite so bad for returning mine while I could. Any viable alternatives? 1GB flash based, AAA/AA powered, USB mass storage device, no DRM container/wrapper stuff?

Jan 21, 2005 at 4:58 PM Post #37 of 65
I read this on the European forum. FYI, I have transferred music to the N200 using the space save thing they have that converts nice MP3's to 64K mwa files and the pops ect. are still there. Here is the response from the creative moderator:

Hi Everyone,

We'd like to take this opportunity to thank you all for your feedback, and to address a couple of points.

We plan to release a firmware update for the N200 in end-February, that addresses the clicks and squeaks during playback, experienced by some customers. Firmware updates have to be extensively tested before a release, to make sure they are fully functional (on all features). This is part of the normal product cycle where firmwares are reviewed and updated, to improve customer experience.

With regards to some of the other points mentioned in Merlin's post, specifically the "two pops are the beginning of each track" and "low mic gain". We have not been able to reproduce either of these, but as these were only reported by one poster (each), it is most likely down to that specific unit or files the user is playing.

This thread has run it's course and isn't going to add anything to the development of this update, so we will be closing this. If you are experiencing any technical problems, or have any comments, please do contact Customer Support and let them know. I'd like to thank everyone again for their feedback.

Cat

Jan 22, 2005 at 1:12 AM Post #40 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRobb
I think this happens on my creative zen touch sometimes too. Doesnt bother me alot. but it would be nice to not have it in my music

Honestly I think it wouldn't bother ME too much either.

But then again, us people these days are brainwashed so much that we always think we need new gadgets. And hearing this "click" would be an easy excuse for anyone to want a new mp3 player. That's why I won't settle for a product with an obvious flaw like that.

I used to have Sony MD players and whenever I recorded at EP4 or whatever it was called, it would always have this clicking problem too. First few times it's ok but once you are aware of it, you'll keep watching for it and it screws up your whole music enjoyment experience.

Feb 1, 2005 at 3:07 PM Post #41 of 65
Just wanted to say that my MuVo TX FM 128 also has the click problem as well as the buzz from the lcd screen. I had it replaced after convincing the dealer that it was faulty (with the brilliant jpeg and line in recording
wink.gif
) but the new one is no good either. I emailed support and I am waiting for their response (I guess it might take a while). I had the same problems with other non creative players which had a sigmatel chip...
blink.gif

Feb 1, 2005 at 5:16 PM Post #42 of 65
With the .11 firmware the problem is all but gone. I only get an occasional blip and it has been several days since I have heard one. I have had to re-flash the firmware several times due to other problems though... I wish I had purchased a MuVo2 4GB when they were around for $149.00 US.

Feb 1, 2005 at 6:17 PM Post #43 of 65
I just hope the firmware they are developing IS going to fix the problems. I don't own the player but I wouldn't mind having one.

It's quite cheap and has all the functions I really need.

Looks nice too
biggrin.gif

Feb 16, 2005 at 4:46 AM Post #44 of 65
i was wondering where and when does the v200 come out in america cause i have been unable to find it anywhere and i really want to buy the 1GB version. i had a muvo tx fm 256 and it was great for wroking out, but i took that back so i could buy one with a little more mem and was just a bit better style..... if anyone has any feed back please let me know!!!

Feb 18, 2005 at 9:51 PM Post #45 of 65
I got my V200 1GB today and have been listening to it for a couple of hours now. I can't really say I'd have noted a single random click. However, there's a small click every time the song changes. That's a bit annoying but no big deal, really.

I'll tell you later if I notice those clicks mentioned.

Oh yeah, the original firmware was 1.00.20 or something like that but I immediately flashed the player with the 1.01.03 available at Nomadworld .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back