Proof for the Creative N200 / V200 "click" problem! Pics & Waves.
Feb 18, 2005 at 11:19 PM Post #46 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by nafoka
Just wanted to say that my MuVo TX FM 128 also has the click problem as well as the buzz from the lcd screen.

My MuVo TX 512 hasn't the click but it has the buzz from the screen, it's more clear with my cmoy based amp. I switched off the backlight. Now I can't see the titles with low light but im free of this high pitch buzz.

Feb 19, 2005 at 1:59 PM Post #47 of 65
that this "click" problem might be present on all the sigmatel chip thingies is more than a bit disturbing, as the chipset seems to be pretty widely used and respected.
i was just wondering which players actually contain it and hopefully this information will interest someone else down the line.

Feb 21, 2005 at 5:34 PM Post #48 of 65
Creative says that the clicks problem does not exist on the MuVo TX FM players. They have never mentioned the sigmatel chip. Maybe it is just bad luck that 2 of my TX FM players have it!

Feb 23, 2005 at 7:15 PM Post #49 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by rauer
I'll tell you later if I notice those clicks mentioned.

Well, after a few days.... yes they are present. But pretty rarely though and not very disturbing to me. What is more disturbing, is two short clicks _every time_ one song ends and the next one begins. How come hasn't anyone mentioned that - or has someone?

EDIT: .. and Creative, please bring gapless MP3 in a future firmware if possible!

Feb 24, 2005 at 12:31 PM Post #50 of 65
Hi,

has anybody tested the new firmware (1.12.01) for the N200?
Is there any improvement?

I can't test it, cause i'm using the V200. Hopefully they will present a new firmware in the near future for the V200 too.

Greets flow.

Feb 24, 2005 at 10:27 PM Post #51 of 65
I have only found 1.11 firmware... Where did you see 1.12? I'd be happy to give it a try. I am waiting for the firmware upgrade to fix the various problems and then I give up and my 1GB N200 is for sale. I have a Muvo2 with a 2GB drive that seems to be operating without all the headaches. The latest thing that the N200 does is lock up when I move from folder to folder. The only fix is a re-flash of the firmware... I can't recommend this unit to anyone... I really wanted to like it.

Feb 24, 2005 at 10:30 PM Post #52 of 65
I keep emailing Creative and they keep telling me to flash with firmware 1.11 even though I pointed out that I have already done this and it’s the only way to get my N200 working again... I thought they were jumping to 1.13

Feb 25, 2005 at 6:30 AM Post #54 of 65
I just noticed that, too. Or actually someone at nomadness mentioned it. There doesn't seem to be a new one for the V200. I wonder if the problem isn't so bad with it, the firmware isn't ready yet or what?

Feb 25, 2005 at 9:39 AM Post #55 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by ed_bollix
I keep emailing Creative and they keep telling me to flash with firmware 1.11 even though I pointed out that I have already done this and it’s the only way to get my N200 working again... I thought they were jumping to 1.13

I don't understand well...

Is not solved the "clics" problem in N200 with the new firmware?

Someone a tested?

-Maurus

Feb 25, 2005 at 2:46 PM Post #56 of 65
As some of you already know the new firmware version 1.12.01 is out since yesterday (I think). It is supposed to solve the click problems.

I already flashed my player and am currently testing/listening to it. I will put the results on my page as soon as I am sure about them.

What I can say for sure is that the background buzz is not resolved (I was sceptic about that anyway).

Feb 26, 2005 at 10:28 PM Post #57 of 65
i don't think the back light buzz is fixble, it'a a hard ware problem. but by using a high ome or low sensitive phone, can minimize the problem.
i'm testing the 1.12 firmware too. so far so good.

Feb 27, 2005 at 4:52 PM Post #58 of 65
I've tested the new N200 firmware yesterday.
I'm using a new full recharged batt, and senheiser MX-500 ear-phones.
I've listend the N200 for 3 hours with the volume set to 25-27.
All my files are ripped with EAC (I can do exact audio copies with EAC) and encoded in lame (-ms -q0 -b320) at 320 Kbps.

The pop's and clicks are gone, but I still have these problems:
(I had these problems in the previous FW also)

1. Backlight noise is still there.

2. I ear 2 pop's in the begining of each tack.
Also there are pop's everytime I skip to the next/prev. track.

3. when I pause the player, after 6 seconds I ear a noise like a cricket.
(thise noise was diferent in the previous FW)

4. There's some distortion in some passages of the music.
I noticed this distortion in the previous FW also, and this could be from my encoded files.
But I must say that when I listen them in the PC I can't ear any distortion.
I'll test this again in my PC and N200 with new encoded files.

Feb 27, 2005 at 8:06 PM Post #59 of 65
Quote:

1. Backlight noise is still there.

Hardware issue, not going to be fixed by firmware. Quote Creative:

Our product development team has researched these reports and determined that the users may have experienced the effect due to a high frequency signal from the circuitry controlling the backlight display. [...] The Engineering Group has modified the circuitry to eliminate the possibility of this issue occurring. (Source)

Maybe you can get Creative to replace your player with a newer model... but there's no info on when these will be available.
Quote:

2. I ear 2 pop's in the begining of each tack.
Also there are pop's everytime I skip to the next/prev. track.

Reported those too, deemed not reproducible by Creative (Link, scroll down to last post).

Feb 27, 2005 at 8:18 PM Post #60 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by KGM11
Reported those too, deemed not reproducible by Creative (Link, scroll down to last post).

Well, now there's at least three of us here. I have posted re: this on the Creative forum too. Let's see what's their answer this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back