Proof for the Creative N200 / V200 "click" problem! Pics & Waves.
Mar 22, 2005 at 8:03 PM Post #61 of 65
I RMA'd my V200 because of those in-the-beginning-of-the-song clicks. Got the new one today and after the initial testing it doesn't seem to have the problem. The firmware is the same newest 1.01.03 that I had on my previous player. So it seems, that particular problem is hardware based and does _not_ affect all the players.

Mar 31, 2005 at 9:30 AM Post #62 of 65
I'm now the MuVo V200 512MB.

Very good, no clics. Very easy for use.

I think it has a good relation quality-price.

-Maurus

Apr 5, 2005 at 5:01 AM Post #63 of 65
So is the problem solved at all?

Those who experienced "severe" symptoms, does the newest firmware cure them permanently?

The N200 sounds like a great machine with great value if not for this little flaw.

Apr 5, 2005 at 10:43 AM Post #64 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by ricola_pak
So is the problem solved at all?
Those who experienced "severe" symptoms, does the newest firmware cure them permanently?

On other forums N200 owners have told that the clicks seem to be somewhat fewer with the new firmware but not gone. The backlight buzz is still there and seems to be a hardware thing.

I'm pretty pleased with my V200 now. I have never heard the backlight buzz (is it because of my aging ears or my Sharp MD33 phones, this may be impedance related). The clicks between songs are now gone and even though there may seldomly be some playback clicks, not enough to disturb me on portable use.

However, there seem to be new flash players released every week and I'm not sure if this player is today as tempting as it was a month ago.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back