Project Ember Tube Rolling
Nov 17, 2018 at 1:54 PM Post #3,234 of 3,354
Yes, I agree, - I have recently picked up the Monoprice Cavalli Liquid Platinum and have been getting little playtime on the Ember lately. I expect the tube rolling discussion to fire up in the Liquid Platinum thread soon.
I still love me some Ember II though!

Nov 19, 2018 at 11:27 AM Post #3,235 of 3,354
i tried to grab the liquid plat from monoprice but was at work when i got the email and they sold out fairly quickly. i also have my ember and still enjoy it. it doesnt get as much seat time as it did though because of all the newer amps i have but i dont think id sell it. i also still have the polaris here as well

Nov 28, 2018 at 8:18 AM Post #3,238 of 3,354
Well I went ahead and did it. Say goodnight to my Ember. Sold it with my Atticus to a really nice guy here on the board. He also got about 15 single tubes and adapter with this package.
There's just no need for me to keep this amp since I upgraded to the MJ2 and Gumby. If it were solid state, yeah, wouldn't get rid of it but 2 tube amps is just redundant. I really wanted someone here to enjoy this amp while getting a good deal instead of just sitting on my desk collecting dust.
This post is basically like saying some last words at the gravesite to say good-bye. :triportsad:

Dec 6, 2018 at 3:21 PM Post #3,240 of 3,354
After a year and a 100+ tubes including the Pevane, the (in)famous Jungle tubes, Siemens & Halske E88cc, and other awesome tubes I believe I have settled on "my" end-game, "Holy Grail" tube for the Ember. It's a single post, pinched waist, NOS Valvo 6201. Detail, clarity, and musicality exceed any of the tubes I have used previously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back