Project Ember Tube Rolling
Mar 7, 2016 at 10:34 AM Post #2,192 of 3,354
Heads Up, Selling Ember (Keeping my starlight as it is plenty for my HE500) 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/800847/garage-1217-ember-with-spare-tube-and-chassis

Mar 7, 2016 at 12:08 PM Post #2,193 of 3,354
  Heads Up, Selling Ember (Keeping my starlight as it is plenty for my HE500) 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/800847/garage-1217-ember-with-spare-tube-and-chassis

Best of luck with your sale, joespride. At that offering price, it should be gone in no time.

Don't know that there is a Starlight / Sunrise forum, but I hope you continue to post here with your tube impressions and adventures!

Mar 7, 2016 at 12:16 PM Post #2,195 of 3,354
The Wife is pushing me to hang on to it (she's a good gal)....................Setting here listening to the Visseaux for the first time in a week or more Sounds GREAT, Though better they are not night and day better to my old Ears ( staying here )

Mar 7, 2016 at 12:21 PM Post #2,196 of 3,354
Yep felt really bad about giving up the ember and with the wifes support I have pulled the offer,  Ember will be staying here with me 
L3000.gif

Mar 7, 2016 at 12:21 PM Post #2,197 of 3,354
  The Wife is pushing me to hang on to it (she's a good gal)....................Setting here listening to the Visseaux for the first time in a week or more Sounds GREAT, Though better they are not night and day better to my old Ears ( staying here )

Does she want you to keep it due to the LED under the tube?  My girlfriend and her friends just love the look of the Ember (I have the clear top)
tongue.gif
 LED color is pink

Mar 7, 2016 at 1:10 PM Post #2,199 of 3,354
  Yep felt really bad about giving up the ember and with the wifes support I have pulled the offer,  Ember will be staying here with me 
L3000.gif

So she is 'letting' you keep the Ember AND Starlight as well as 3 pairs of Visseaux and 2 (?I lost count w/o a scorecard) Brimars............
If so, would you have her contact my bride?

I assume the Starlight also plays well with the Visseaux 6J5G's?

Mar 7, 2016 at 7:31 PM Post #2,200 of 3,354
While I consider my Visseaux 6J5G a pretty balance tube and jack of all trades, these fivre 6C5G takes the 6J5G house sound into fun side. The best 400i planar bass I've heard out of these tubes. Bass is bigger and visceral (than the Vs), mids is lush warm and lovely sounding, details and clarity are pretty amazing. The treble seems a bit rolled off than the Vs. Soundstage is about the same with the typical 6J5, and comparable to the Vs big expansive soundstage with lots of realistic space.

Best of all, it is HUMPHREY without a cage
biggrin.gif

Mar 7, 2016 at 8:06 PM Post #2,201 of 3,354

So she is 'letting' you keep the Ember AND Starlight as well as 3 pairs of Visseaux and 2 (?I lost count w/o a scorecard) Brimars............
If so, would you have her contact my bride?

I assume the Starlight also plays well with the Visseaux 6J5G's?

Yea, Audio has been my 1 vice over the years and I would guess she accepts that above all the other available vices out there like Harley's,Cars, Drinking, womanizing, drugs etc... etc... etc...

At least with the tubes I should be able to recoup most of my $$$ I was never able to say that with the Harleys any custom work on those was pretty much lost

Mar 7, 2016 at 8:07 PM Post #2,202 of 3,354
  While I consider my Visseaux 6J5G a pretty balance tube and jack of all trades, these fivre 6C5G takes the 6J5G house sound into fun side. The best 400i planar bass I've heard out of these tubes. Bass is bigger and visceral (than the Vs), mids is lush warm and lovely sounding, details and clarity are pretty amazing. The treble seems a bit rolled off than the Vs. Soundstage is about the same with the typical 6J5, and comparable to the Vs big expansive soundstage with lots of realistic space.

Best of all, it is HUMPHREY without a cage
biggrin.gif

Very Nice now I have a new tube to scout out 
evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back