Project Ember Review
Aug 9, 2015 at 6:22 AM Post #737 of 1,366
Garage 1217 should sell a branded Rocket blower.
biggrin.gif

Aug 9, 2015 at 9:02 AM Post #739 of 1,366
  Great idea-but first Jeremy has to produce that dual 7193 to 6dj8 adapter for us. 
beerchug.gif

Indeed, that would be very desireable.

Aug 9, 2015 at 9:09 AM Post #741 of 1,366
Aug 9, 2015 at 1:01 PM Post #744 of 1,366
  Yeah-that's one big problem-still waiting after 4 weeks for one to be delivered from Hong Kong
frown.gif

Aye, that's way too long mate.

Aug 9, 2015 at 6:15 PM Post #746 of 1,366

I am wondering if anyone know this. So I am using Ember to drive my Beyerdynamic T1, which has 600 ohm impedance but to be considered fairly easy to drive compare to other hard to drive cans. The thing is no matter how I change the output impedance of the Ember, the gain or the sound signature of T1 will be the same. The sound won't change with the different output impedance settings like other cans. I also tried different tubes like 6sn7, 12au7, 12ax7, 6dj8 and the result is same. I mean, the sound does change with different tubes but not with different impedance settings. 

Aug 9, 2015 at 7:15 PM Post #747 of 1,366

I am wondering if anyone know this. So I am using Ember to drive my Beyerdynamic T1, which has 600 ohm impedance but to be considered fairly easy to drive compare to other hard to drive cans. The thing is no matter how I change the output impedance of the Ember, the gain or the sound signature of T1 will be the same. The sound won't change with the different output impedance settings like other cans. I also tried different tubes like 6sn7, 12au7, 12ax7, 6dj8 and the result is same. I mean, the sound does change with different tubes but not with different impedance settings. 

I have not tried that headphone with the Ember but I'd think that you'd need high gain and the medium impedance setting. Are you using high gain?

Aug 9, 2015 at 7:28 PM Post #748 of 1,366

I read that your amp has 3 selectable output impedances ranging from 0.1 to 120 Ohms. Even the maximum setting of 120 Ohms is not very significant compared to the T1's 600 Ohm impedance, so you may not perceive much difference. To a lower impedance headphone, the 120 Ohm output impedance is more significant so you can expect more difference in sound.

Aug 9, 2015 at 7:55 PM Post #749 of 1,366

I have not tried that headphone with the Ember but I'd think that you'd need high gain and the medium impedance setting. Are you using high gain?

I mean for loudness, it's pretty loud even I use low gain. And I think the input gain is for the input signal and it may only affects the loudness not the sound signature if I am right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back