Project Ember Review
Aug 14, 2013 at 1:44 PM Post #31 of 1,366
Quote:
anyone know how this compares to the bottlehead crack (with/without speedball)? for sennheiser hd's specifically. (oh and darkvoice 336se).

I read some comments about crack + Speedball, some prefer the smoother sound of the crack without speedball upgrade, some prefer sound with speedball upgrade, imo there are numerous factor which can change the sound (tubes used, other upgrades on the crack) so it's difficult to find a definitive statement about it.

Aug 17, 2013 at 11:20 AM Post #32 of 1,366
I want to confirm one thing:

1. Bravo ocean helps my Aktimate Micro in several ways but harms in several ways.

2. Bravo Ocean makes the mids muddy and difficult to articulate. Will the Ember have clear and clear mids which are easy to decipher?

3. Bravo Ocean isn't as clean and clear as the speakers alone. Will Ember be significantly cleaner and clearer than Bravo Ocean?

4. The bass impact is reduced with Bravo. Will Ember do this as well.

5. I am basically looking for a much cleaner and much clearer sound which is more transparent than Ocean and doesn't defeat the purpose of using a preamp for my speakers. Will Ember do that with Aktimate Micro?

6. In short, as far as transparency is concerned, and a clean sound, is the Ember a step up from Bravo Ocean?

Thanks in advance

Aakshey

Aug 17, 2013 at 2:19 PM Post #33 of 1,366
Quote:
I want to confirm one thing:

1. Bravo ocean helps my Aktimate Micro in several ways but harms in several ways.

2. Bravo Ocean makes the mids muddy and difficult to articulate. Will the Ember have clear and clear mids which are easy to decipher?

3. Bravo Ocean isn't as clean and clear as the speakers alone. Will Ember be significantly cleaner and clearer than Bravo Ocean?

4. The bass impact is reduced with Bravo. Will Ember do this as well.

5. I am basically looking for a much cleaner and much clearer sound which is more transparent than Ocean and doesn't defeat the purpose of using a preamp for my speakers. Will Ember do that with Aktimate Micro?

6. In short, as far as transparency is concerned, and a clean sound, is the Ember a step up from Bravo Ocean?

Thanks in advance

Aakshey

Why are you pming me and also posting in multiple threads on multiple forums with the same questions?

I can't answer it as I heard a modded v2. Not an ocean.

Aug 17, 2013 at 2:53 PM Post #34 of 1,366
OceAN and v2 are similar. How does it compare to a modded v2?

Aug 17, 2013 at 4:47 PM Post #36 of 1,366
Chiming in here, gents.

I have a Sunrise 2 and Starlight. Jeremy sent me the prototype Ember, serial 0000, with a silver PCB to audition to buy.

I just got my first pair of Beyers and went with the DT880 Premium 600 ohm after a lot of research. These were the first ones I heard through the Ember.

AUDITION OVER!!! I sent the $$$ the next morning. It was quite a sensation hearing two new sounds at the same time. After hearing three "Projects" the Ember is the king.

I've run 600 ohm Sextetts, 56 ohm K702, the 880s and several Grados. And that includes some serious EQ at the bottom end to see what it can do. It can do anything!

Aug 17, 2013 at 5:01 PM Post #37 of 1,366
Quote:
Chiming in here, gents.

I have a Sunrise 2 and Starlight. Jeremy sent me the prototype Ember, serial 0000, with a silver PCB to audition to buy.

I just got my first pair of Beyers and went with the DT880 Premium 600 ohm after a lot of research. These were the first ones I heard through the Ember.

AUDITION OVER!!! I sent the $$$ the next morning. It was quite a sensation hearing two new sounds at the same time. After hearing three "Projects" the Ember is the king.

I've run 600 ohm Sextetts, 56 ohm K702, the 880s and several Grados. And that includes some serious EQ at the bottom end to see what it can do. It can do anything!

Be sure to try the high resistance setting and bypassed input caps with the Sextetts and Grados. The sound is amazing. 

Aug 18, 2013 at 11:12 AM Post #39 of 1,366
Has anybody compared Ember to Beta22 or EHHA Rev A?

Aug 18, 2013 at 1:37 PM Post #41 of 1,366
Any sources to back this up? Beta22 competes with the best SS amps south of $2000 and EHHA Rev A is again competes well north of the $1000 range. Both of these are at least two steps above Bottlehead Crack.

Beta22 competes with Burson Solonist, Lehmann BCL, Grace, etc. and Ehha compares favorably to $1000 Woo audio amps and is better than most Little Dot amps.

Aug 18, 2013 at 2:30 PM Post #42 of 1,366
Quote:
The Ember is superior to both Beta22 and EHHA

@techboy : I think proid is saying that you whish to hear...

what means superior between two amplifiers ? it's a big question :)

Aug 18, 2013 at 2:35 PM Post #43 of 1,366
I just ordered ember today. But I just want to know how it compares to those. Out of curiosity. Just like a lehmann is superior to a schiit asgard 2 is superior to an o2.

Aug 18, 2013 at 2:56 PM Post #44 of 1,366
Congrats on the order--you won't be disappointed.

By the way, the Ember is too new to see many comparisons yet. You best best shot would be to GOOGLE    "Ember vs Lehman" and the like.

Cheers!

Aug 18, 2013 at 7:25 PM Post #45 of 1,366
Quote:
Any sources to back this up? Beta22 competes with the best SS amps south of $2000 and EHHA Rev A is again competes well north of the $1000 range. Both of these are at least two steps above Bottlehead Crack.

Beta22 competes with Burson Solonist, Lehmann BCL, Grace, etc. and Ehha compares favorably to $1000 Woo audio amps and is better than most Little Dot amps.

You already know that so why do you keep asking silly questions again and again in every thread related and pm anyone who has the ember? That's very annoying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back