Prog rock
Nov 30, 2018 at 12:33 AM Post #1,996 of 4,462
I actually had to use google to check that it was a misspelling and not actually a different band I wasn't aware of :laughing:
There is a band called Bent Knee.

Nov 30, 2018 at 10:03 AM Post #1,998 of 4,462
I actually had to use google to check that it was a misspelling and not actually a different band I wasn't aware of :laughing:

There is a band called Bent Knee.

I'm aware, I just wasn't 100% sure whether he misspelled Bent Knee or that there actually is a band called Bended Knee. With band names you just never know.

Wow, old age is catching up to me. Bended knee? What was I thinking. Going off memory is probably not a good thing for me anymore when I'm not too familiar with some of these bands. Yes, it's "Bent Knee"
Thanx for the correction fellas!
Cheers

Nov 30, 2018 at 11:57 AM Post #1,999 of 4,462
Is this band an unknown to most prog enthusiasts? This is the best prog band on the planet. It’s mind blowing how talented these guys are technically and musically speaking.
I just saw them in Phoenix a few weeks ago in a club that maxed out at I believe 350
people. Leperous opened for them (well actually bended knee was the 1st band) and to date, this was absolutely the best concert I’ve ever seen in my life. A lot had to do with how intimate the setting was and the level of
Musicianship and song writing ability these guys posses.
I’ve seen at least 250-300 concerts (probably more) and this one will stick with me more then any other one.
Haken is “the” band.

You're right to be amazed, :) they are that good!
Didn't attend that that many live shows, maybe around 30ish, Roger Waters - The Wall Live 2013, Iron Maiden - Maiden England Tour 2013, Dream Theater, Steven Wilson, Opeth, Leprous, being the most memorable ones, but I agree, when I saw Haken live, they were amazing!
But, of course "The Wall Live" is something that is very hard to beat. It was a live changing experience :)
If you want to dig back into the "history" of this thread, you'll see that "Affinity" album by Haken was discussed and appreciated here :)

Nov 30, 2018 at 12:37 PM Post #2,000 of 4,462
You're right to be amazed, :) they are that good!
Didn't attend that that many live shows, maybe around 30ish, Roger Waters - The Wall Live 2013, Iron Maiden - Maiden England Tour 2013, Dream Theater, Steven Wilson, Opeth, Leprous, being the most memorable ones, but I agree, when I saw Haken live, they were amazing!
But, of course "The Wall Live" is something that is very hard to beat. It was a live changing experience :)
If you want to dig back into the "history" of this thread, you'll see that "Affinity" album by Haken was discussed and appreciated here :)
Thanx, Ill do that. I just came into this thread and glad I found it. Only read about the last 10 pages so I probably did jump the gun in my assumptions. I've been listening to Haken for many years, actually pretty close to when they came out. Complete unknowns for so long unless you were a hardcore prg fan who digs up the latest and greatest. Such a shame these guys don't get more love because they're THAT good.
I believe I'll be living in this thread and could become a pest! :):beerchug::metal:

Nov 30, 2018 at 1:06 PM Post #2,001 of 4,462
I believe I'll be living in this thread and could become a pest! :):beerchug::metal:
Oh... THE "pest" position is taken, you can't compete... believe me :sweat_smile: and I'm not talking about me.
But you're very welcome to try. It would be a great refresh! Please don't mind my gibberish. Really - welcome to the thread! :slight_smile::metal:

Nov 30, 2018 at 8:13 PM Post #2,002 of 4,462
The same guy in the video playing each instrument and vocals.
I see what his name is but does he just do rush covers or other stuff?

I may have missed the post or the link to that video - but I'd like to watch it. Mind reposting the link? Sorry for being a pain.

Dec 1, 2018 at 10:07 AM Post #2,005 of 4,462
I may have missed the post or the link to that video - but I'd like to watch it. Mind reposting the link? Sorry for being a pain.
You gotta like Rush to appreciate this guy. I know every note from this album and their sound signature and believe me, this guy nails it.

Dec 1, 2018 at 7:27 PM Post #2,007 of 4,462
You gotta like Rush to appreciate this guy. I know every note from this album and their sound signature and believe me, this guy nails it.

no kidding. wow - note for note. The guitar/bass tone, playing style, vocals, and overall presentation of everything sounds like the original. Glad I got to see this.

Dec 1, 2018 at 8:14 PM Post #2,009 of 4,462
Yeah, pretty crazy isn’t it. I saw one of those videos where there’s 2 guys who critique and listen while a song is going and comment. They said 1 thing that really struck me that’s true that with his talent,
He needs to write his own music then lay down the tracks like he did with this album.
Here’s another guy who does the same thing. He’s a 1 man show out of California who writes his own stuff. I really like him. Check out a few tunes.
The first one also has Sithu Aye on guitar
For the solo towards the end.

Dec 2, 2018 at 1:21 AM Post #2,010 of 4,462
Very cool (Archaeologist), found that album on Tidal - will give it a proper listen. Have you heard of Toehider (real name Michael Mills)? He is a one-man gig also. Though I'm pretty sure he hires out touring musicians to accompany him. Check out the album "Good" if you can. It's all him, save for one song where a guest drummer sits in.

This post a few months back, it was brought up. And commented on by @waynes world in a subsequent post. Talk about one-man talent.

Here are a few more I didn't find a search for:

Toehider

not prog, but a progressive artist that's for sure

David Maxim Micic

neo progressive metal

Maschine

closest to prog rock/metal

Novena
(singer from Haken)

very much like older haken

Damanek

great session musicians, though not true prog