Prog rock
Jun 3, 2017 at 12:27 PM Post #1,352 of 4,458
They did as that's where I bought and downloaded Love, Fear and the Time Machine. I can still access their albums via the bandcamp phone app but it doesn't play anymore though. Wanted to listen to that album at work and it wasn't there :triportsad::triportsad:

Screenshot_2017-06-04-00-23-40.jpg

Weird.....

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2017 at 5:57 PM Post #1,353 of 4,458
Wot no luv for the progenitor of the genre?!!!?!

Namely Sgt Pepper enjoying it's 50th anniversary and a fantastic remaster by Giles Martin. A truly incredible piece of work considering the primitive recording technology of the time.

Meanwhile next door; Pink Floyd was born. Let's celebrate the summer of luv!!

Almost as old as I, but ageing a little better

Jun 4, 2017 at 6:03 PM Post #1,354 of 4,458

Namely Sgt Pepper enjoying it's 50th anniversary and a fantastic remaster by Giles Martin. A truly incredible piece of work considering the primitive recording technology of the time.

Yes, I agree Roger's new album is excellent. I have been listening to it all weekend. Seeing him next Saturday in Oakland!

Jun 4, 2017 at 6:17 PM Post #1,355 of 4,458
You lucky so and so!!!!

Jun 9, 2017 at 6:19 PM Post #1,360 of 4,458
New Anathema out today - The Optimist.

Jun 11, 2017 at 7:17 AM Post #1,361 of 4,458
Is that allegedly Steven Wilson's voice, has he been castrated or is it just pure auto tune. RIP Steven Wilson.

Don't like the sound of the intro vocals on "The Same Asylum as Before" either, seemed forced. But I like the song as a whole. I also like "Song of I" and "Pariah". It will be a great album for me. Totally different style but welcome :)

Got the new Roger Waters' today. Brilliant stuff. Excessive use of the F word maybe but great to see he's still got plenty of anger and angst for a septuagenerian; sorely missing from 'Floyd' and Gilmore's recent stuff. Still a little too American accent in some of the singing but plenty of bits of Englishness in there ( shipping forecast, talking clock Etc). Fantastic orchestration and inventiveness. Plenty of nods to the Wall and Animals

Sounds and voices seemingly coming from out of the room that scare the life out of you as you're relaxing in bed. A really great work by a genius IMO. Mr Pink Floyd

Got to be best Floyd related release for a quarter of a century at least

Yes! great album! Didn't expect anything less from Roger. Also didn't expect and didn't want something new or groundbreaking coming form him. His music at his age, is like a fine matured wine, and I enjoyed hearing the same sound as on "Animals" and "The Final Cut" throughout the album, and some similarities with "Welcome to the Machine" on "Smell the Roses".

Got to listen to this, thanks!

Jun 11, 2017 at 2:51 PM Post #1,362 of 4,458
Saw Roger Waters in Oakland last night. Tremendous show!! I have seen Roger many times but this ranks among the best. As audiophiles we all owe it to ourselves to experience the sound system he has for this tour. I have NEVER heard better and more immersive sound for an arena show. It was TRULY impressive. Then the visuals were equally as amazing. And, of course, the music is among the best ever written. If he comes to your city on this tour RUN do not walk to see him. Highest possible recommendation!

Jun 11, 2017 at 3:25 PM Post #1,363 of 4,458
Saw Roger Waters in Oakland last night. Tremendous show!! I have seen Roger many times but this ranks among the best. As audiophiles we all owe it to ourselves to experience the sound system he has for this tour. I have NEVER heard better and more immersive sound for an arena show. It was TRULY impressive. Then the visuals were equally as amazing. And, of course, the music is among the best ever written. If he comes to your city on this tour RUN do not walk to see him. Highest possible recommendation!
Great!
I saw "The Wall Live" 4 years ago, and it was too the best sound and show I have ever attended.

Jun 11, 2017 at 3:52 PM Post #1,364 of 4,458
This latest tour was better on the sound front than the Wall, which I saw both indoors and out. No arena tour I have seen even comes close to the sonics achieved in this show. The visuals on The Wall tour are hard to top - but Us & Them tour comes close. Really impressive. Plus it has the advantage of including an entire range of Floyd songs rather than just those from The Wall. Really GREAT show. This may well be the last tour Roger does so don't miss him! His new album is great too and he does a nice selection of songs from it.

Jun 11, 2017 at 4:07 PM Post #1,365 of 4,458
This latest tour was better on the sound front than the Wall, which I saw both indoors and out. No arena tour I have seen even comes close to the sonics achieved in this show. The visuals on The Wall tour are hard to top - but Us & Them tour comes close. Really impressive. Plus it has the advantage of including an entire range of Floyd songs rather than just those from The Wall. Really GREAT show. This may well be the last tour Roger does so don't miss him! His new album is great too and he does a nice selection of songs from it.

I am seeing him in July at the UC when he comes to Chicago and can't wait. I saw the setlists from some of the earlier shows in the US and Them tour and really happy to see he is doing an excellent range of Floyd songs and some of his new stuff. I have been listening to the new album quite a bit since it came out as well and have really been enjoying it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back