Prog rock
Feb 19, 2017 at 5:45 PM Post #1,021 of 4,501
  The new Tim Bowness album is now available on Tidal and Spotify.  (Featuring Colin Edwin from Porcupine Tree and mixed and mastered by Steven Wilson)

I like that album quite a bit. Thanks!

Feb 21, 2017 at 6:10 PM Post #1,027 of 4,501
Really? Thats suprising they are very popular in the UK. I like thaem

As an aside if you want the ultimate test for sibilance with a headphone listen to the track 'Fugitive Motel' from Cast of Thousands

A wonderful song but Guy Garvey's 'tsses" are pretty grating. If your headphones can handle it then they're pretty refined or very warm edit or like me your hearing's on its way out!

Feb 21, 2017 at 6:38 PM Post #1,028 of 4,501
Yes, admittedly I have not paid much attention to the UK rock scene (aside from the biggies of course). Some good stuff coming out that I will need to keep an eye on, clearly..

Feb 21, 2017 at 7:02 PM Post #1,029 of 4,501
Yes, admittedly I have not paid much attention to the UK rock scene (aside from the biggies of course). Some good stuff coming out that I will need to keep an eye on, clearly..

Honestly in terms of modern British rock music you're not missing that much at least for me. Of the mainstream groups I like elbow and Radiohead but as for the rest of the music my once all conquering country currently churns out i like modern British jazz the best..

Also have a soft spot for the truly unique artists like Bat for Lashes. Benjamin Clementine and of course Kate Bush.

(Edit and Peter Hammill obviously!!!)

Feb 21, 2017 at 8:23 PM Post #1,030 of 4,501
  The new Elbow is quite good

Thanks again. Never heard of them, but I really like that song and listening to the album on tidal now. Love this thread!

Feb 21, 2017 at 9:17 PM Post #1,031 of 4,501

I'm really enjoying that Pymlico album as well. You guys deserve a raise!

Edit: damn that's good stuff!

Feb 22, 2017 at 10:31 PM Post #1,034 of 4,501
There is a God in heaven a new Big Big Train album to be released at the end of April.

http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=53949

Okay my excitement is muted:

"We had two or three songs for the Folklore album which we didn’t get time to finish in time for mixing so we thought we would put these out on an EP in the Spring next year with a couple of brand new songs. However, we have ended up writing a lot more material than we expected and so have decided that we will release an album instead. The album will be called Grimspound and is intended as a companion release to Folklore. It’s been a lot of fun to write it as we weren’t really thinking about making an album and so we have let our hair down a little. There are quite a few instrumentals and the album shows the playing side to the band’s music."

I hoping it is not 3 castaways from 'Folklore' with some instrumental fluff added to make an album.

Feb 23, 2017 at 9:41 AM Post #1,035 of 4,501
Cheer up ev'body! Happy go lucky!
Here's a song to help you. This is the twin sibling of Pink Floyd's "Time".
Only (some) 40+ will aply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back