Prog rock
Mar 26, 2024 at 2:28 AM Post #4,276 of 4,434
that's strange, it must be some sort of syncing delay between roon and Qobuz because if I search in the Qobuz app it's there but in roon it's not
Yes, this happens. Not often, but it does. In those instances I search for it in the apps of the streaming services themselves and add it to the library there, and that way it will appear in the Roon library a little later.

On Qobuz vs Tidal, the former is my primary source, the latter the backup for the (increasingly rare) instances where albums are not available on Qobuz.

Mar 26, 2024 at 2:43 AM Post #4,277 of 4,434
Yes, this happens. Not often, but it does. In those instances I search for it in the apps of the streaming services themselves and add it to the library there, and that way it will appear in the Roon library a little later.

On Qobuz vs Tidal, the former is my primary source, the latter the backup for the (increasingly rare) instances where albums are not available on Qobuz.
Yeah, that's what I've been doing, I'll get them when roon catches up. As for Qobuz v Tidal, I'm glad to be shot of MQA as it gives me more freedom in buying my next DAC and I've found the Qobuz library to be surprisingly good. As I'm going back through this thread I've now added over 120 albums via Qobuz and I'm still only as far back as page 247. There have been a couple of albums not available on Qobuz but surprisingly few and it has to be taken into account that most of the albums mentioned are pretty obscure.

Mar 26, 2024 at 7:02 PM Post #4,281 of 4,434
Pre-dinner jams via Meze Empyrean...

I'm enjoying this, interesting sound

Actually I'm enjoying all three of the above recommendations - there's so much great music around, my poor little brain can't handle it :L3000:

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2024 at 7:57 PM Post #4,282 of 4,434
I'm really impressed with roon radio, it kicks in when the current playlist/album ends and is supposed to continue seamlessly in the same vein as the previous music. All I can say is that they have got their algorithm spot on because I keep wondering just how long the current album is and when I look it's roon radio, taken over without me even noticing. I've only had roon for a few days but I'm already wondering how I ever managed to listen to music without it. Yes it's expensive but from where I sit it's worth every penny. Sure there is the occasional little hiccup like the Drifting Sun album that's on Qobuz but roon can't see it but for by far the most part it's faultless and I haven't even had chance to check out it's recommendation algorithm, which is supposed to be better than even Spotify.

Currently listening to and enjoying a recommendation by @Designsfx from back on page 244.....

proudpeasant.jpg

Mar 26, 2024 at 9:59 PM Post #4,283 of 4,434
Now Playing:
Velcocranes- What If I Die

a3924638635_10.jpg
this one has really knocked my socks off - only problem is it's slowing down my audio fishing trip as I don't want to listen to anything else :darthsmile:
Took me a while to find as there is an "r" missing from the band name and nothing was showing up

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2024 at 10:11 PM Post #4,285 of 4,434
Now playing

this is awesome and was pretty much instantly added to my library. Sadly his first, self titled album is another example of being there in Qobuz but not showing up in roon

Mar 26, 2024 at 10:28 PM Post #4,286 of 4,434
this is awesome and was pretty much instantly added to my library. Sadly his first, self titled album is another example of being there in Qobuz but not showing up in roon

I guess I spoke too soon the other day about Tidal having a better music collection than Qobuz. Turns out, this album isn't even on Tidal. Good thing my Qobuz account is still up for a few more days!

Mar 26, 2024 at 10:31 PM Post #4,287 of 4,434
Needed a dose of a classic,

IMG_0364.png

The date is the Steven Wilson remix release.

Mar 26, 2024 at 10:39 PM Post #4,289 of 4,434
Chronologist's 2019 double album Equinox I and Equinox II:

Mar 26, 2024 at 11:00 PM Post #4,290 of 4,434
Here is a new Prog release from Norway that is a definite “Must Listen!”

Now Playing:
Yobrepus- A Rhizome Revolution

a0516722628_10.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back