Prog rock
Mar 24, 2024 at 8:43 PM Post #4,246 of 4,476
In my view, this album is up there with Arjen Lucassen's best work.

guiltmachine_onthisperfectday.jpg
Good to see some Arjen Lucassen love and a good nudge as I haven't played this in a long while. It is indeed one of his best works, he wrote the music and his partner Lori Linstruth wrote the lyrics (which are very good). :darthsmile:

Mar 24, 2024 at 10:12 PM Post #4,247 of 4,476
Cannot stop listening to this one. Just fantastic- It reminds me of both early Genesis and ELP, but some definite early Deep Purple influence. Especially the guitar work. Very "Child in Time" vibe. Spectacular. I wish this band had more albums out.
I’m giving this one another listen now and what impresses me as well is the recording technique- it has a very old school vibe with considerable dynamic range. The instruments are well placed there is great depth of stage when listening on my two channel system- very well done!

Mar 24, 2024 at 10:43 PM Post #4,249 of 4,476
Now Playing:
Raphael Kalinowski- Abstract

a3237418210_10.jpg

Mar 24, 2024 at 11:09 PM Post #4,250 of 4,476
While tweaking my library I found out that Arch Echo had another two albums available on Qobuz (and Bandcamp) and this, Final Pitch, is the most recent of them. Very good technical prog-rock/metal with a twist of fusion.

Mar 25, 2024 at 2:30 AM Post #4,252 of 4,476
In my view, this album is up there with Arjen Lucassen's best work.

guiltmachine_onthisperfectday.jpg

I find myself regularly revisiting this album. It's just so well executed. It's one of those albums that I can really get into or just sit back and enjoy, whatever fits the mood. 🤘😎

Mar 25, 2024 at 6:09 AM Post #4,253 of 4,476
I've been working backwards through this thread and have so far only got to page 260 but out of those 24 pages I have managed to add over 60 albums to my roon library via Qobuz. Obviously, in a lot of cases that included multiple albums from an artist, so it's not 60+ artists and I already had a lot of the posted recommendations but still, I think that's a really good result and goes to show what a wonderful resource this thread is. :darthsmile:

Mar 25, 2024 at 6:25 PM Post #4,255 of 4,476
I recently stumbled upon this band from Argentina, and I have to say, I'm absolutely blown away by their latest album. What's even more exciting is that Derek Sherinian makes a guest appearance on one of the tracks!

Is this a new release? Qobuz no have

Mar 25, 2024 at 8:03 PM Post #4,257 of 4,476
Is this a new release? Qobuz no have

I'm not surprised it's not on Qobuz. I switched back to Tidal recently after being frustrated with Qobuz for the past year. Honestly, I'm not sure how I stuck with Qobuz for that long. Their music collection just doesn't stack up against Tidal's, and their Windows app was a total resource drain. Plus, the Android app couldn't even sync my library automatically, I had to do it manually all the time. I wasn't particularly excited about returning to Tidal, but I'm really glad I did. It's been a true relief!

Mar 25, 2024 at 8:10 PM Post #4,258 of 4,476
I'm not surprised it's not on Qobuz. I switched back to Tidal recently after being frustrated with Qobuz for the past year. Honestly, I'm not sure how I stuck with Qobuz for that long. Their music collection just doesn't stack up against Tidal's, and their Windows app was a total resource drain. Plus, the Android app couldn't even sync my library automatically, I had to do it manually all the time. I wasn't particularly excited about returning to Tidal, but I'm really glad I did. It's been a true relief!
And here I thought Tidal was only for RAPPERS! I’ve heard so many conflicting stories about Tidal, MQA and how sketchy the quality is I’ve just chosen to stay away. I used it like 10 years ago but not for very long.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back