Professional vs Home: Beyerdynamic DT 1990 Pro vs Beyerdynamic Amiron Home
Jul 24, 2019 at 2:15 PM Post #316 of 381
The DT 48/480 aren't for everyone, especially stock. They're different and unique sounding. You need to spend time with them honestly, a short listen and you likely won't properly appreciate what they do. Wouldn't be surprised if most people dislike them or feel confused by them in stock form. But with extended listening there is no denying it's driver fidelity, didn't take me long to realize the massive modding potential of the DT 480. The DT 48 seems like it would be harder to mod well. Yeah I know mrtechagent, wanting to listen to his headphone. Honestly I've been happy with the new Tesla's. The Tesla 2.0's and the newer T1.2 have all been headphones I've loved.
Yep the new Tesla series are good enough...mrtechagent is a headphone collector so if at any case I get inside his room it will be me going to heaven...have u ever listened to the he60 he90... there's one he60 selling for $2k on eBay... great deal imo... much better than the 800s though

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2019 at 2:35 PM Post #318 of 381
I think you should just save more money and get yourself the C-2 amp. You will be very happy with it, and it will power any headphone you may want to get in the future. It will take your Amiron experience to the next level, and give you a very nice upgrade over the darkvoice.

Jul 24, 2019 at 2:49 PM Post #319 of 381
I think you should just save more money and get yourself the C-2 amp. You will be very happy with it, and it will power any headphone you may want to get in the future. It will take your Amiron experience to the next level, and give you a very nice upgrade over the darkvoice.
Yeah man...that's y I didn't buy anything else, I'm saving up...lot of money needed for my college admission atm...and thx 789(USA warranty) vs c2(more power + better build + 10yrs warranty), I'll have c2 any day of the week...very simple and smart choice. I've gone through a lot of reviews on massdrop and the only flaw the thx seem to have is the build quality...poor...they had to reduce it for the lower price but audio gd products are spot on... outstanding build quality have heard a lot of praise about them. Look wise I also prefer the C2...clean and simple
Edit : Massdrop THX 789 has 1yr us warranty

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2019 at 7:42 AM Post #320 of 381
Well, I ended up giving in and ordering a Beyerdynamic T1 2nd Gen headphone yesterday. I should have it in the next couple days. If anyone wants, I will put up a comparison of the Amiron Home and the T1 2nd Gen headphones. I have been happy with the Amiron Home for the last 2 years. It truly is an awesome headphone. In all honesty, this headphone should be high end enough for almost anyone. However, I ended up listening to the T1 2nd gen last year, and then I heard it once again about a month ago. The differences in detail retrieval and imaging just pushed me to the point of being unable to deny its capabilities. I ended up giving in and finally ordered a pair. I will put up my impressions here after I put at least 10 hours on the T1. It is already well known that these headphones continue to mature in their sound signature from where they were out of the box. The Amiron Home needs 50-60 hours to reach its final sound, so the least I can do is give the T1 at least 10 hours before I attempt to give it my initial impressions. I am quite excited to get it.

Dec 9, 2019 at 10:58 PM Post #321 of 381
This is just an update on my T1 purchase. I ended up waiting for it to ship from Amazon, but it never did. Amazon then cancelled my order for the T1, stating that they had none in stock. Right after they did this, the price of the headphone went from 900 Canadian plus tax (what was the cost of my order), to now being listed in stock again for 1,063.09 Canadian plus tax. I am a little pissed off at Amazon at the moment, and I refuse to pay another 163 dollars for no reason. I am just going to wait and see if any sale comes up during Boxing Week. I am not willing to pay almost 1200 Canadian after tax for the T1 when it is currently selling for only 684 US on Amazon USA. That is just a flat out price gouge. After conversion, 684 US is 905 Canadian.

Dec 10, 2019 at 11:03 AM Post #322 of 381
This is just an update on my T1 purchase. I ended up waiting for it to ship from Amazon, but it never did. Amazon then cancelled my order for the T1, stating that they had none in stock. Right after they did this, the price of the headphone went from 900 Canadian plus tax (what was the cost of my order), to now being listed in stock again for 1,063.09 Canadian plus tax. I am a little pissed off at Amazon at the moment, and I refuse to pay another 163 dollars for no reason. I am just going to wait and see if any sale comes up during Boxing Week. I am not willing to pay almost 1200 Canadian after tax for the T1 when it is currently selling for only 684 US on Amazon USA. That is just a flat out price gouge. After conversion, 684 US is 905 Canadian.

Don’t blame you at all. I would like the T1.2 in the near future, but will wait for a good price drop before I jump. Content with the DT1990 for now. PS, never selling the DT1990.

Dec 19, 2019 at 10:27 AM Post #323 of 381
@DW75 I am thinking to get Amiron Home but T1.2 might be an option as well but not sure to spend that extra money. Any updates on your order :D

Dec 19, 2019 at 11:39 AM Post #324 of 381
Right now the T1 is $690 and Amiron is $382 at Amazon. Of course that's US price. That is very good price for both, so it depends on your budget . I will say the T1 is not twice as good as the Amiron, a case of diminishing return.

Dec 19, 2019 at 1:19 PM Post #325 of 381
Dec 19, 2019 at 1:32 PM Post #326 of 381
@DW75 I am thinking to get Amiron Home but T1.2 might be an option as well but not sure to spend that extra money. Any updates on your order :D

After Amazon Canada cancelled my order, claiming they had none in stock, they immediately raised the price 163 dollars higher. I am not buying the headphone at an outrageous price. I am not willing to pay 1200 Canadian after taxes for a headphone that is 680-690 bucks in the US. That is just a rip off.

Dec 19, 2019 at 2:18 PM Post #327 of 381
Right now the T1 is $690 and Amiron is $382 at Amazon. Of course that's US price. That is very good price for both, so it depends on your budget . I will say the T1 is not twice as good as the Amiron, a case of diminishing return.
Yeah price different is a lot and my only tought was does it worth it but it is really hard to decide due to the diminishing return.

Dec 19, 2019 at 2:19 PM Post #328 of 381
After Amazon Canada cancelled my order, claiming they had none in stock, they immediately raised the price 163 dollars higher. I am not buying the headphone at an outrageous price. I am not willing to pay 1200 Canadian after taxes for a headphone that is 680-690 bucks in the US. That is just a rip off.
I hope that the price will be more acceptable in the near future for you! That cancellation is really stupid.

Dec 19, 2019 at 6:11 PM Post #329 of 381
Why not buy in the US? I've bought lots of audio and camera gear there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back