Jan 15, 2018 at 1:16 PM Post #76 of 381
beyerdynamic)))):
DT1990 PRO (<3!!!)
DT990/600
DT880/600 DT770PRO/80
A20 Amp
What no Amiron any longer ?

Why? What happened to it?

In case anyone was wondering what happened to the duos, he sold them off :frowning2:

Now I am feeling hesitant to pull the trigger on these. I wonder if 660 S is better?
AU2yDjQ.png
AU2yDjQ.png

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2018 at 1:55 PM Post #77 of 381
In case anyone was wondering what happened to the duos, he sold them off :frowning2:

Now I am feeling hesitant to pull the trigger on these. I wonder if 660 S is better?
AU2yDjQ.png
AU2yDjQ.png
The opinions are very divided, some say that it is better and others say that it is just different from the other two, and for me this already reason not to pay a difference of 300 dollars compared to 6XX, on the other hand I read several analyzes of Amiron and everyone complimented him, said that he corrected all the defects of the T90 and picked up the characteristics of other Beyers that everyone loves and added in the Amiron, so that would be my choice.

Jan 15, 2018 at 2:43 PM Post #78 of 381

I guess my point/question to Hondadude, was in earlier post he said the Amiron was his favorite Beyer headphone. Then I guess he sold them and then said his favorite was the dt 880. So that confused me. It seems with some folks here there favorite is the headphone they have at the moment. The Amirons are my favorite headphone, however if I sold them they would still be my favorite and the beyer 880 or senn 650 would not become my favorite just because I sold the Amiron. Hope that makes sense !

Jan 29, 2018 at 3:16 PM Post #79 of 381
WOW!This 1990 pro,they are SO SO GOOD! Better than I thought! I was afraid of the treble that so much people talk about...Now? Connected to mojo , I think what they were on about? Everything is beautiful! And they are very musical. Detailed yes ( Much!) but very fun to hear... I was in doubt between this and the Amiron. Now? I don't even care about trying Amiron anymore. If they weren't fun to listen, I would have returned them back( I returned the HIFi man 560 , that treble killed me, not a fun headphone in my opinion, I much more preferred the Hifiman 400i no problems with treble ), above all I like to have fun while listen , and well I'm like a kid with this on. I Hope this help

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2018 at 7:43 AM Post #82 of 381
What amplifier do you use ?

At this moment iDSD Black Label Micro, FiiO X7mkii + AM03A /// but will get AM5 for them, DX200 + AMP5, and Opus #2.

I'd say that loudness alone, AMiron can be driven almost loud enough from X7mkii + AM03A, if the song isn't too quietly mastered, and if you don't use EQ.

Jan 30, 2018 at 10:13 AM Post #83 of 381
At this moment iDSD Black Label Micro, FiiO X7mkii + AM03A /// but will get AM5 for them, DX200 + AMP5, and Opus #2.

I'd say that loudness alone, AMiron can be driven almost loud enough from X7mkii + AM03A, if the song isn't too quietly mastered, and if you don't use EQ.
People seem to like the Micro iDSD Black Label, but its size is something I do not like, but do you think it's a good pairing with Amiron and maybe the HD 650 ?

Jan 30, 2018 at 10:51 AM Post #84 of 381
People seem to like the Micro iDSD Black Label, but its size is something I do not like, but do you think it's a good pairing with Amiron and maybe the HD 650 ?

It makes an excellent pairing with both :darthsmile:

iDSD Black Label has a very strong power, with amazing dynamics and a bit of sparkle in the top end, not to mention amazingly deep and wide soundstage, making both HD650 and Amiron sound very clean, clear, detailed and vivid.

Jan 30, 2018 at 11:04 AM Post #85 of 381
It makes an excellent pairing with both :darthsmile:

iDSD Black Label has a very strong power, with amazing dynamics and a bit of sparkle in the top end, not to mention amazingly deep and wide soundstage, making both HD650 and Amiron sound very clean, clear, detailed and vivid.
i am a idsd BL owner and I approve of this message. :o2smile:

Jan 30, 2018 at 4:10 PM Post #87 of 381
The sound quality may be good, but beyond size, another thing that bothers me is its power, which is relatively smaller than other amplifiers in this price range.
LOL can't have it all I guess. The transportable nature of 4 watts on the go and iematch with the optical (being able to use it on my pc or take it to another room for my xbox one s, or to work) is what is a plus while in other ways it is a minus vs desktop setups.

Jan 30, 2018 at 5:16 PM Post #88 of 381
LOL can't have it all I guess. The transportable nature of 4 watts on the go and iematch with the optical (being able to use it on my pc or take it to another room for my xbox one s, or to work) is what is a plus while in other ways it is a minus vs desktop setups.
I agree with you, it's perfect for transportable use, but since I do not intend to use a desktop amplifier in other places besides my room, it would not be a good option, but I'll give it a look at it, maybe I'll change my mind. :beyersmile:

Jan 30, 2018 at 5:32 PM Post #90 of 381
I agree with you, it's perfect for transportable use, but since I do not intend to use a desktop amplifier in other places besides my room, it would not be a good option, but I'll give it a look at it, maybe I'll change my mind. :beyersmile:

Very hard to find anything even close to it, even if barely transportable.

The only thing that comes close to a fully fledged iDSD BL Micro is a Chord Hugo, but that is even more expensive and less transportable, so I think that iFi iDSD BL Micro does an amazing job there :darthsmile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back