Professional vs Home: Beyerdynamic DT 1990 Pro vs Beyerdynamic Amiron Home
Feb 4, 2018 at 11:49 PM Post #106 of 381
I was planning on eventually making the DT1990 my next headphone. However, I recently got the chance to hear the Amiron. Oh man, what an amazing sounding headphone. It has such a natural, honest, and beautiful sound to it. My mind is totally made up now for getting the Amiron in the future.

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2018 at 3:57 PM Post #109 of 381
When I bought the dt1990, I was completely convinced that I wasn't gonna like them( I was ready to replace them for the Amiron) . The description of it ,didn't suit my taste: Analytical , good for studio ( I thought probably it will be excellent for analysing music... For listen? almost surely it will be boring...). I was wrong, very wrong they surprised me BIG time(I just couldn't return them back....), using your words "my mind was totally made up". Have fun with your future Amiron, I bet they are pretty good as well! Some people like them more! I can't talk about them.I haven't listen yet

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2018 at 4:04 PM Post #110 of 381
Interesting how you have not heard the Amiron, but love the DT1990, and I have not heard the DT1990, but loved the Amiron. I want to get a chance to hear the DT1990 as well. After about 30 minutes of testing my friend's Amiron, I find this headphone be the next upgrade for people who own the HD600, HD650, or K712 Pro. It is a full tier above all three of those. It has such a smooth, refined, and natural sound signature. I was very impressed.

Feb 5, 2018 at 4:23 PM Post #111 of 381
Both models, are that good!:) If you are going to use it for long hours, Amiron it's the best choice.If not ... well try the DT1990 , they are not only for Studio , they are as well very musical! And if you have music with some bass on it! They are divine!

Feb 5, 2018 at 5:24 PM Post #112 of 381
It will probably be next month when I dive in. I will put up my impressions compared to my K712 Pro after a burn in of at least 8-10 hours. I have a feeling that the Amiron is going to be my end game open back headphone.

Feb 7, 2018 at 5:33 AM Post #113 of 381
Any ideal with pure silver cable to pair with amiron home?

Feb 7, 2018 at 4:29 PM Post #116 of 381
Is there any cable under 100 pounds, worth it to upgrade? how much is those Meze silver cables Dobrescu?

The Meze cable is around 200$. I am still waiting for it, so cannot say whether it is worth the upgrade with AMiron right now, I think there'll be at least one more week before it arives.

Right now I don't know much about any other cables, so cannot really answer that...

Feb 8, 2018 at 12:42 AM Post #117 of 381
The Meze cable is around 200$. I am still waiting for it, so cannot say whether it is worth the upgrade with AMiron right now, I think there'll be at least one more week before it arives.

Right now I don't know much about any other cables, so cannot really answer that...
Looking forward to impression. I'm addicted to Silver :frowning2: sound signature

Feb 8, 2018 at 1:43 AM Post #118 of 381
Just an update to what I said a couple days ago. I will be buying my Amiron in like 2 weeks, instead of a month now. I am super excited about this one. After I heard my friend's recently, I knew this was my end game headphone. I honestly do not see any point going any higher up than this. In my brief half hour listening session, it was as plain as day that this headphone should be a stopping point for many people. The point of diminishing returns would really make itself known if going beyond this headphone. I will put up my impressions once I get it, and do at least a few hours burn in on it.

Feb 8, 2018 at 6:57 AM Post #119 of 381
Just an update to what I said a couple days ago. I will be buying my Amiron in like 2 weeks, instead of a month now. I am super excited about this one. After I heard my friend's recently, I knew this was my end game headphone. I honestly do not see any point going any higher up than this. In my brief half hour listening session, it was as plain as day that this headphone should be a stopping point for many people. The point of diminishing returns would really make itself known if going beyond this headphone. I will put up my impressions once I get it, and do at least a few hours burn in on it.

I'm also waiting on some of the highest end LCD HEadphones from Audeze for a little write, but so far I think that Amiron made me smile and enjoy my music every day since I received them! :darthsmile:

Feb 8, 2018 at 9:30 PM Post #120 of 381
I'm also waiting on some of the highest end LCD HEadphones from Audeze for a little write, but so far I think that Amiron made me smile and enjoy my music every day since I received them! :darthsmile:
Amiron Home will make you to want to listen more.
I have tried LCD 4 and it can seem like a speaker :)) but too heavy and ss too thick in the bottom end, dont't like :3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back