Profanity on head-fi?
Dec 11, 2006 at 3:33 AM Post #2 of 63
Hell, I hadn't noticed that.

When you get right down to it, the difference between profanity and non-profanity is simply arbitrary. So it only seems appropriate that such things should arbitrarily change from time to time.

Dec 11, 2006 at 3:36 AM Post #3 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wasn't the word - hell blocked at some point?

Jude / Mods?

I don't know let try to write all the profanity we can think of to see what block

biggrin.gif
Just kidding I deleted all those that didn't censure you can use preview to see censure.

Those are actual word that has been censor I didn't just type * honest
biggrin.gif
So who can find the most.

Hmm I can't think of any more that will censor, also I shouldn't post when I'm slightly drunk but not enough to start writing nonsense. Well almost.
wink.gif

Dec 11, 2006 at 3:36 AM Post #4 of 63
As if block the word hell. Besides if I want to use a profane word in a description of something I shall find a way around the censor.

Dec 11, 2006 at 3:39 AM Post #5 of 63
Instead of asterixes, all profanity should be changed to "fiddlesticks".

Dec 11, 2006 at 3:55 AM Post #9 of 63
I know I let fly with a "Gosh dang It" a bit to often, Hell, even for my liking...

Dec 11, 2006 at 4:18 AM Post #10 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Instead of asterixes, all profanity should be changed to "fiddlesticks".

How about we replace it with Bose... As in the following:

God-bose it! You mother-boser! I mean, what the bose were you thinking? Buying a bose product!

Dec 11, 2006 at 4:53 AM Post #11 of 63
One of the other fourms I visit has a check box you can select to 'allow' censored words. Sometimes it will **** the word, but for some like *******, it would repalce it with "not a nice person"
icon10.gif

Anyway, I also have noticed that there is far less profanity than most other forums I have visited, hell yeah!

cool.gif

Dec 11, 2006 at 4:57 AM Post #13 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by blip /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How about we replace it with Bose... As in the following:

God-bose it! You mother-boser! I mean, what the bose were you thinking? Buying a bose product!

That's the funniest thing I've read in a long time!

Dec 11, 2006 at 4:59 AM Post #14 of 63
Let's not try to see who's the best at tricking the filter, okay? Head-Fi doesn't allow swearing not only because school and company networks may filter out the site but because this is a family website. So figuring out a clever way to say **** **** ******* or whatever you want to write is still swearing. And we don't like that here. :)

Dec 11, 2006 at 5:22 AM Post #15 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by cmirza /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A nice thing about Headfi members is that I rarely, if ever, notice 'asterisks' in anyones posts. This is probably one of the few civilized forums on the internet.

Very much so. Every other forum I read or frequent has this flow :

Comment/question posted -> One sensible, related answer -> L33T SPKR DOOD makes smartass comment -> L33T SPKR DOOD #2 offers his advice -> #1 says #2 is a n00b -> OP asks question again (unless OP is L33T SPKR 3, then says #1 and #2 are booth n00bs) -> Sensible answer -> Due to all the 'E-P**n' stroking a completely new topic is brought up and commotion ensues -> Reaches 10 pages and then Admin locks post -> Comment/question posted again -> Rinse, repeat.....

That's probably a bit of an exaggeration but you get the idea; that's not to say we have our own versions, but it's all level-headed (at least I think) and more often than not, handled in a professional manner with proper replies and counterpoints...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back