Profanity on head-fi?
Dec 12, 2006 at 1:23 AM Post #61 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by blip
Still I continue wishing for an argument for the recognition of profanity as a discrete, justifiable phenomena.

It is, when used within the confines of a like-minded group of individuals. With certain friends I have absolutely no reservations at all about the use of any word or the expression of any verbal concept. Different groups, for the sake of harmony and out of respect for other's various tolerance levels, will cause me to voluntarily censure my vocabulary and discussion topics to various degrees. It's part of the mechanism that allows humans to be social creatures.

Dec 12, 2006 at 1:27 AM Post #62 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbriant /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It is, when used within the confines of a like-minded group of individuals. With certain friends I have absolutely no reservations at all about the use of any word or the expression of any verbal concept. Different groups, for the sake of harmony and out of respect for other's various tolerance levels, will cause me to voluntarily censure my vocabulary and discussion topics to various degrees. It's part of the mechanism that allows humans to be social creatures.

Bollocks! Freedom of speech / thought whether it be online or offline cannot be moderated..... you can't take away our minds, not now not ever!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back