Problem with Sennheiser HD598?
Jul 11, 2011 at 5:37 AM Post #31 of 37
 Owner of HD598. Checked Melvins "Hooch" and I have same crappy bass guitar distortion. Then checked few heavy rock songs - P.O.D - Alive, System Of A Down - Chop  Suey!, Drowning Pool - Bodies, Pain - Shut Your Mouth, and they sound good, without that crappy buzz.  Then plugged in my old Kosses and same buzz again with Melvins "Hooch". Just a crappy record.
 Maybe original poster was too fast on that decision to return them.

Nov 7, 2011 at 3:23 AM Post #32 of 37

Quote:
 Owner of HD598. Checked Melvins "Hooch" and I have same crappy bass guitar distortion. Then checked few heavy rock songs - P.O.D - Alive, System Of A Down - Chop  Suey!, Drowning Pool - Bodies, Pain - Shut Your Mouth, and they sound good, without that crappy buzz.  Then plugged in my old Kosses and same buzz again with Melvins "Hooch". Just a crappy record.
 Maybe original poster was too fast on that decision to return them.

Yeah, I'm hearing the same thing on Missy Elliot's Wake Up. It really depends on the song.

Nov 9, 2011 at 10:41 PM Post #33 of 37
Thanks for the tip (unknowingly).  I was wondering if anyone just left them playing to speed up burn in:)

Dec 11, 2011 at 5:34 PM Post #35 of 37
I'm wondering if they were hearing the buzz of the guitar amp. I used to think it novel how you could hear this listening to Stevie Ray Vaughan with good headphones (or a good hi-fi system).

Mar 18, 2016 at 11:54 AM Post #36 of 37
I tested mine(brand new) at http://www.audiocheck.net/soundtests_headphones.php and I have the same problem. :frowning2: 
theres buzz at 40Hz to 160 Hz

it's plugged into motherboard(onboard audio)

help.

Apr 16, 2016 at 2:51 PM Post #37 of 37
  I tested mine(brand new) at http://www.audiocheck.net/soundtests_headphones.php and I have the same problem. :frowning2: 
theres buzz at 40Hz to 160 Hz

it's plugged into motherboard(onboard audio)

help.

I fixed it!(kinda) :D

it was the thin pad that protects the driver from dust, I pushed it up and buzz is (90%)gone.
still make some HISSSS noise but good news is drivers are fine!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back