Problem kind of solved (WARNING: Don't buy anything from HDTracks)
Jan 24, 2011 at 7:43 PM Post #16 of 23
A few months ago, the credit card listings on their website got hacked...they simply told their customers to cancel their card and get a new one, no coupon to make up for the trouble. Piracy is bad, hum'kay.

Jul 5, 2012 at 10:46 AM Post #18 of 23
I have to say that I have generally not had any problems since then and have bought many discs from them now

Jul 5, 2012 at 2:33 PM Post #20 of 23
I do, and yes it's not fast but given the size of the hires files that is to be expected. At least it's stable if a bit inelegant

Jul 5, 2012 at 11:22 PM Post #21 of 23
Their download speeds are definitely not fast, but it wouldn't surprise me if they were deliberately throttled to prevent all their bandwidth being used up, which would result in completely drop-outs. That would be far worse.

Jul 5, 2012 at 11:31 PM Post #22 of 23
Left the computer on to download over night, worth the wait. The only thing which bothered me is the download manager will not resume download if you loss connection or if you close it. 

Cant complain, for those who do not have record players this is as good as it gets. Should be thankful for the services. 

Apr 16, 2017 at 12:13 AM Post #23 of 23
I purchase and download from HDTracks weekly, I am very happy with their service but also a little concerned at times.

Intermittently I will receive warnings from malwarebyte, Norton Security or even (rarely) from my Windows 10 itself. I just ignore the warnings and hoping nothing sinister is happening.

So far, laptop still works perfectly and malwarebyte scans and Norton security detected nothing bad (when scanning, but warning message still comes on intermittently).

Anyone having the same problem?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back