Predator vs. Pico?
Mar 24, 2008 at 10:30 PM Post #422 of 451
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So 6 months of listening at work before your amp sounds the way it's supposed to? Holy poo.

Just think how long the R&D work must have been, Having to wait 1000 (some posters claim 12-1300 and still changing) hours to see what might need changing, or correcting.
eek.gif

Mar 24, 2008 at 11:48 PM Post #423 of 451
Well the good things is it sounds excellent compared to many amps after a few hundred hours. The fact that it gets better and better is icing on the cake.

Mar 25, 2008 at 12:20 AM Post #424 of 451
Now if only someone can comment on the UE11s synergy with the Pico and Predator that would make my life so much better.

I need a portable dac/amp solution for use with my laptop on the road and either of those dac/amps would work. I just need to pick the right one so I'm really going to follow on the comments here.

Romanee, I sincerely wish you also had the UE11 as I respect your views.

~GRV

Mar 25, 2008 at 12:30 AM Post #425 of 451
I had a chance comparing (amp section) PICO VS Predator (1300+hrs), somehow i prefer predator for Triple.Fi and UE11.

so my predator just arrived (48 hrs+), and believe or not, I don't like it for now
frown.gif
... so, call my friend to compare with his predator (1300+ hrs), God, 1300+ hrs predator sounds muchhhh!!!! better than mine
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
!!!!!!!
Now, I have to believe that ridiculous burn-in period
redface.gif

maybe it will stop my upgraditis too, at least for 3 months
biggrin.gif

Mar 25, 2008 at 12:39 AM Post #426 of 451
HiFlight, any idea about the dac section as well? I'm hearing a lot of good things about the Predator with the UE11s.

I just want to make sure before I commit because I don't really like looking back once I've made a choice. Thank you so much!

~GRV

Mar 25, 2008 at 1:03 AM Post #427 of 451
Quote:

Originally Posted by shaizada /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HiFlight, any idea about the dac section as well? I'm hearing a lot of good things about the Predator with the UE11s.

I just want to make sure before I commit because I don't really like looking back once I've made a choice. Thank you so much!

~GRV

Did you mean HiFlight or the poster above, HiFight77? I know, confusing at first.

Mar 25, 2008 at 1:36 AM Post #428 of 451
Quote:

Originally Posted by shaizada /img/forum/go_quote.gif

~GRV

Get thee to a Meet.

Mar 25, 2008 at 4:45 AM Post #429 of 451
Quote:

So 6 months of listening at work before your amp sounds the way it's supposed to? Holy poo.

No, I ran mine for over 6 weeks straight with a 1 hour break a day, and now I can just enjoy it "fully mature". After 2 weeks continuous it was very enjoyable, but after 1000 hours it feels like a desktop amp.

Mar 25, 2008 at 7:28 AM Post #430 of 451
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Monkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Get thee to a Meet.

Hamlet reference?
redface.gif

Mar 25, 2008 at 11:29 AM Post #431 of 451
But if you only use it while listening, it will take 6 months of 8 hours a day listening until it starts to sound the way it's going to sound, if it takes 1000 hours.

Mar 25, 2008 at 2:16 PM Post #432 of 451
I don't think it is a great stretch to get a cheap radio for a couple of dollars and run a station or static through the amp when not in use with some cheap ear buds attached.

Mar 25, 2008 at 4:17 PM Post #435 of 451
Quote:

Ok, so 41 days of round the clock usage to find out if the final product is for you, when there's a 30 day return policy.

Have I indicated any where in my thread of the Predator that you need 41 days of burn-in to find out if the Predator is for you or not?
I did mention that you have to be prepared to give the Predator the time for the 15000MF cap to develope to sound it's best. That does not mean out of the box the Predator sounds like crap. What the users may find how the Predator develops in their systems is ONLY their own experiences which they are intitled to & that does not reflect the RSA way of looking at the Predator.
If the moderators think this reply is not permitted please feel free to remove it. I do not tend to advertise the Predator as I have my own Predator thread for that.
Ray Samuels

Users who are viewing this thread

Back