Precog's IEM Reviews & Impressions
Jul 10, 2023 at 10:59 AM Post #3,391 of 3,652
Two things stood out for me when I had the Trio - 1. the bass, which is one of the best I've ever heard 2. the holographic soundstage which was the best to that time for me.

I found the treble to be ok'ish. For me it was too little treble coming out of the Trio. But please be aware that I love treble as long as it isn't sibilant. So maybe some real treble sensitive listeners can also chime in and report from their experience.

Overall I found the Trio highly enjoyable, It's a great IEM! (though a little too expensive given the competition today)
Hi, thanks this helps a lot! I also have the U12T and U4s love both as for the treble they are perfect for me. but seeing the graphs it seems that the Trio has more treble and that is what keeping me from pulling the trigger on the Trio. Still i know that graphs not always sounds as it graphs... and for that i ask others for there experience, specially between U4S(using M15) and Trio.. thanks again for the help!

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2023 at 1:25 PM Post #3,392 of 3,652
Two things stood out for me when I had the Trio - 1. the bass, which is one of the best I've ever heard 2. the holographic soundstage which was the best to that time for me.

I found the treble to be ok'ish. For me it was too little treble coming out of the Trio. But please be aware that I love treble as long as it isn't sibilant. So maybe some real treble sensitive listeners can also chime in and report from their experience.

Overall I found the Trio highly enjoyable, It's a great IEM! (though a little too expensive given the competition today)
Seconded trio bass, it kicks and handles EQ well. The treble is definitely boosted, but I don't find it sibilant. On certain tracks (I listen to a lot of EDM), it can be a bit much, right at the cusp of needing to switch tracks or turn down the volume. In other words, it's an exciting listen. Treble and bass are what it does well. If anything, the mids are where I find it a little quirky. That 2.5kHz suck and 700 Hz boost makes can make things sound a little hazy, for lack of a better word. It makes sense and is done tastefully, but I still corrected it with EQ.

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2023 at 1:36 PM Post #3,393 of 3,652
I had a trio. Treat this message with caution, as my hearing has features not seen in most other people. So the frequency response of tia trio:
64_Audio_Trio.png

You can see the 5.2kHz 7.8kHz 11.4kHz peaks and dips between them. That's how I hear it. The difference in volume at different frequencies is VERY noticeable. Boosting to 11.4kHz gives glassy overtones, 5.2kHz and 7.8kHz gives a feeling of loudness, excessive brightness. The gaps between them remove some of the information in the music. This cannot be fixed with a regular graphic equalizer, its control band is too wide. Cables don't help either. I managed to equalize the frequency response with a parametric equalizer, the graph of which resembles a mirror image of the frequency response of a tia trio. After adjustment, the upper frequencies became very natural, clean, phenomenally detailed without extraneous overtones and loudness. Notes about the feeling of glass in the sounds I met with a few other users, but many users do not hear it. It would be better to listen to these IEMs before purchasing. They are very ambiguous precisely in the region of high frequencies.

Jul 10, 2023 at 3:01 PM Post #3,394 of 3,652
I had a trio. Treat this message with caution, as my hearing has features not seen in most other people. So the frequency response of tia trio:

You can see the 5.2kHz 7.8kHz 11.4kHz peaks and dips between them. That's how I hear it. The difference in volume at different frequencies is VERY noticeable. Boosting to 11.4kHz gives glassy overtones, 5.2kHz and 7.8kHz gives a feeling of loudness, excessive brightness. The gaps between them remove some of the information in the music. This cannot be fixed with a regular graphic equalizer, its control band is too wide. Cables don't help either. I managed to equalize the frequency response with a parametric equalizer, the graph of which resembles a mirror image of the frequency response of a tia trio. After adjustment, the upper frequencies became very natural, clean, phenomenally detailed without extraneous overtones and loudness. Notes about the feeling of glass in the sounds I met with a few other users, but many users do not hear it. It would be better to listen to these IEMs before purchasing. They are very ambiguous precisely in the region of high frequencies.
Thanks 🙏

Jul 15, 2023 at 2:01 PM Post #3,395 of 3,652
64 Audio HQ Vlog

Hey everyone! Recently I had the opportunity to travel to 64 Audio's HQ in Vancouver, WA thanks to Headphones.com. I got a tour of the facility, interviewed the Vitalys and others, and got to hang out for several hours in their demo room. This is a just a small vlog I put together for my own channel, mostly consisting of listening impressions in the demo room. But rest assured that there is also a written article and a full, in-depth video in the works that will be on the Headphone Show!

DSC01412-3.jpg

DSC01336-3.jpg

Screenshot 2023-07-12 150309.png
Screenshot 2023-07-13 220914.png

Jul 15, 2023 at 3:13 PM Post #3,396 of 3,652
@Precogvision Back in the day, a selling point for an iem was how much isolation it offered. Molding and tips have come so far that isolation isn't hardly talked about any more. So strange question: Are there any iems in your top hundred (besides the isine 20), that don't do a good job isolating. I work in an office where I can't see the person outside my door talking to me so I need less isolation. But in general, I prefer iems over earbuds, for some of the same reasons you've mentioned in the past. I'd appreciate any suggestions! Thank you!

Jul 15, 2023 at 5:41 PM Post #3,398 of 3,652
@Precogvision Back in the day, a selling point for an iem was how much isolation it offered. Molding and tips have come so far that isolation isn't hardly talked about any more. So strange question: Are there any iems in your top hundred (besides the isine 20), that don't do a good job isolating. I work in an office where I can't see the person outside my door talking to me so I need less isolation. But in general, I prefer iems over earbuds, for some of the same reasons you've mentioned in the past. I'd appreciate any suggestions! Thank you!
You can go with 64 audio IEM and use lower isolation modules.

Jul 15, 2023 at 9:22 PM Post #3,399 of 3,652
@Precogvision I work in an office where I can't see the person outside my door talking to me so I need less isolation.
You may find the Samsung Galaxy Buds 2 Pro are a surprisingly good option for this. I purchased them based on the high praise from Crinacle and I now use them more than any IEM or headphone I own.

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2023 at 10:17 PM Post #3,400 of 3,652
I work in an office where I can't see the person outside my door talking to me

That's would be a good reason to work in an office

Jul 16, 2023 at 2:42 AM Post #3,401 of 3,652

Another option is buying TWS with ANC, usually they are coming with ambience mode, which is the opposite of noise canceling, but bringing the outside ambience sound into your sealed IEMs through their mics.

Jul 16, 2023 at 7:50 AM Post #3,402 of 3,652
Thre are a few IEMs that are open- or semi-open-back. The 64Audio Duo comes to mind as well as the Raptgo Hook/Hook X and the Audeze iSine series.

Jul 16, 2023 at 10:31 AM Post #3,403 of 3,652
... and Whizzer BS1, Goldplanar gl20 (not good), Fiio FH5s and Shozy Black Hole (both semi-open, the Black Hole is a cult for vocals), Stax-SR-002/003/003 mk2 (003 mk2 superb, especially after EQ), Monolith Monoprice M350, UM ME.1, Sendy Aiya, Meze Advar (nearly a semi-open since has unorthodox wide bass vent)

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2023 at 12:26 PM Post #3,404 of 3,652

My most used IEMs are honestly my Airpods Pro Gen 2. The transparency mode is incredibly good (I think they're the best of any TWS I've tried) outside of some specific scenarios (e.g. when there's a lot of wind noise or you have a hoodie on).

I had to dig through my old posts but I found my initial impressions. A year later, I think the APP2 hold up even better, as Apple seems to have made fine tweaks to the tuning that address my initial concerns with the tuning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back