Precog's IEM Reviews & Impressions
Sep 7, 2022 at 7:51 AM Post #2,671 of 3,662
guys i want to buy 1 iem around 270 usd or less... which is best iem in term of technicallities , like :

micro details dan resolution,
separataion,
layering,
depth,
Height,
imaging accuracy,

and i really love great treble, my preferences treble tonal are :

- Complete treble from lower treble till uppee treble, sparkly, crispy, (but in good way)
- Treble roll off smooth not fast,
- So had great treble extension & airy...
- treble must be have great impact and attack...

what is the best recomendation under 270 usd. (if i can said the max price is Oxygen price 270usd)

the option :

1. raptgo hookx,
2. tanchjim oxygen,
3. letshuoer s12,
4. Tin P1 Max,
5. Aune Jasper,

or any recomendation guys other IEM ?

nb.
my sopurce :
dac amp ifi gryphone.
dac amp topping ex5.

both have output power 1000mW.

and my fav iem that i have now HZsound Heart Mirror.

very thanks full mate...
Hi
I haven’t heard any of these but in your same range do consider Unique Melody 3DT. There are good reviews of that IEM on the Forum and you can often get it on sale (Black Friday is getting closer). It has a good FR with plenty of bass and treble energy.

Sep 7, 2022 at 8:06 AM Post #2,672 of 3,662
guys i want to buy 1 iem around 270 usd or less... which is best iem in term of technicallities , like :

separataion,
layering,
depth,
Height,
imaging accuracy,

- Complete treble from lower treble till uppee treble, sparkly, crispy, (but in good way)

what is the best recomendation under 270 usd. (if i can said the max price is Oxygen price 270usd)

the option :

1. raptgo hookx,
2. tanchjim oxygen,
3. letshuoer s12,
4. Tin P1 Max,
5. Aune Jasper,

or any recomendation guys other IEM ?

nb.
my sopurce :
dac amp ifi gryphone.
dac amp topping ex5.

both have output power 1000mW.

and my fav iem that i have now HZsound Heart Mirror.

very thanks full mate...

Hi
I haven’t heard any of these but in your same range do consider Unique Melody 3DT. There are good reviews of that IEM on the Forum and you can often get it on sale (Black Friday is getting closer). It has a good FR with plenty of bass and treble energy.

I second this recommendation. It seems like the OP really digs treble so the upper mid/treble emphasis of the 3DT won’t be a problem. It ticks your boxes and does well rendering acoustic instruments especially. Of the original list I’ve heard the Hook-X, S12 (albeit briefly) and Heart Mirror and I would rec the 3DT above all of them.

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2022 at 8:44 AM Post #2,673 of 3,662
I second this recommendation. It seems like the OP really digs treble so the upper mid/treble emphasis of the 3DT won’t be a problem. It ticks your boxes and does well rendering acoustic instruments especially. Of the original list I’ve heard the Hook-X, S12 (albeit briefly) and Heart Mirror and I would rec the 3DT above all of them.
compare 3dt with lz a7 ?? which is better in term of :

separataion,
layering,
depth,
Height,
imaging accuracy,

Sep 7, 2022 at 8:54 AM Post #2,674 of 3,662
Hi

separataion,
layering,
depth,
Height,
imaging accuracy,

Sep 7, 2022 at 11:02 AM Post #2,675 of 3,662

separataion,
layering,
depth,
Height,
imaging accuracy,

Sorry I haven’t heard the A7 but I’m sure someone else can give you impressions. A few slightly more esoteric trebhead picks you could look up:

Intime Kira (jap-fi; for me, the treble standard for its price range and a considerable distance beyond). The piezo implementation there is head and shoulders above any of the chifi ones I’ve heard.

If you’re good with deep insertion a la the Etymotic ER4 series & have a powerful source, you may be interested in the Yu9 U-554 (a chifi take on the ER4 available on AliEx - my impressions here). Not sure if they’re affected by the lockdowns in China although you could easily enquire.

(Or if you like the relatively flat Ety tuning you could just shoot for the ER4SR itself which should be within your budget as well.)

Sep 7, 2022 at 1:17 PM Post #2,676 of 3,662

Oh, that is interesting. Were you using the MX module with the U12t? That will roll off the sub-bass a bit. I have them for A/B and the U12t has significantly more sub-bass (and more of a focus on sub-bass in general) than the 7U with the M15/M20 modules.​

Precogvision:​

No. I used U12t with M15 module. U12t had worse bass reverberation than 7U. :beyersmile:
In any case U12t is better IEM.

Sep 7, 2022 at 5:30 PM Post #2,678 of 3,662
Sep 10, 2022 at 12:45 AM Post #2,679 of 3,662
@Precogvision Have you ever tried to use your data analysis skills to compare the FR graphs of IEMs and the scores from your ranking list?
Or, use the rank list FR graphs to develop a new target response…?

I guess I've thought about it, but the quality of the data isn't good. There are too many holes and limitations such not having all of them measured, some IEMs that were measured being CIEMs, and having to think of a way to reconcile the 10kHz+ regions where the measurements aren't accurate. But the biggest limitation is knowing that my rankings aren't consistent even between IEMs that measure similarly or share similar qualities of frequency response; unfortunately, this capsizes these types of ideas from the outset.

Personally, I'd be more interested in creating a recommendation system. Something that translates descriptions a user can select from like "mid-focused", "detail-oriented", "spacious" etc. to frequency response and spits out a list of IEMs that come closest to the outlined parameters. Of course, you'd have to think up an algorithm to adjust for how different aspects of FR interact with each other - eg. a mid-treble dip + a mid-bass emphasis creates a more inoffensive, mainstream type of sound, whereas a mid-treble dip + extension creates a more "spacious" sound, and anything in-between. I think a tool like this would be very useful to people who might not understand how to read frequency response yet. Anyways...this is outside of my current skill capabilities, but it's something I'd like to try working on in the future; recommendation systems also have useful real-world applications.

Sep 10, 2022 at 1:01 AM Post #2,680 of 3,662
I guess I've thought about it, but the quality of the data isn't good. There are too many holes and limitations such not having all of them measured, some IEMs that were measured being CIEMs, and having to think of a way to reconcile the 10kHz+ regions where the measurements aren't accurate. But the biggest limitation is knowing that my rankings aren't consistent even between IEMs that measure similarly or share similar qualities of frequency response; unfortunately, this capsizes these types of ideas from the outset.

Personally, I'd be more interested in creating a recommendation system. Something that translates descriptions a user can select from like "mid-focused", "detail-oriented", "spacious" etc. to frequency response and spits out a list of IEMs that come closest to the outlined parameters. Of course, you'd have to think up an algorithm to adjust for how different aspects of FR interact with each other - eg. a mid-treble dip + a mid-bass emphasis creates a more inoffensive, mainstream type of sound, whereas a mid-treble dip + extension creates a more "spacious" sound, and anything in-between. I think a tool like this would be very useful to people who might not understand how to read frequency response yet. Anyways...this is outside of my current skill capabilities, but it's something I'd like to try working on in the future; recommendation systems also have useful real-world applications.

I think there is an audio geek who trained a neural net to predict Crinacle's score based on frequency response. Will reply later if I can find the link again. My graph tool was a fork from his / her version, which has quite a bit more feature than the source code linked by Crinacle.

Sep 10, 2022 at 9:58 AM Post #2,681 of 3,662
Sep 10, 2022 at 1:51 PM Post #2,682 of 3,662

I'm a fan of your reviews and really like this idea. I also work in the data field with analysis, Python programming and web scraping skills - if there's any need for collaboration/contribution I'd love to chime in.

Sep 10, 2022 at 3:57 PM Post #2,683 of 3,662
I think there is an audio geek who trained a neural net to predict Crinacle's score based on frequency response. Will reply later if I can find the link again. My graph tool was a fork from his / her version, which has quite a bit more feature than the source code linked by Crinacle.
Very interesting

This is a bit out of topic, but anyone here a fan of the old Nickelodeon show Jimmy Neutron?

Edit: Very off topic given that was taking about a kid's show which has nothing to do with audio.

There is an episode about him working at a fast food restaurant called McSpankies, he gets ridiculed for making many mistakes while working and decides to spruce up the place by implementing a super computer that manages the entire restaurant.

Jimmy also created a tongue scanner which reads your taste buds, allowing the AI to know what your ideal burger cooking temperature is.

Imagine a set of ear plugs that scans your brainwaves to know what is your ideal tonal preference is? Sounds like something Etymotic would invent in the year 2050.

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2022 at 12:39 AM Post #2,684 of 3,662
Here is what I was talking about: https://rohsa.gitlab.io

Edit: never mind, just realised that Riku has already found it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back