Precog's IEM Reviews & Impressions
Sep 24, 2022 at 4:05 AM Post #2,701 of 3,652
Sep 24, 2022 at 6:00 AM Post #2,702 of 3,652
I'm excited to see how the Meteor will fair now that the Oracle MKII is out. The Variations are still killing the price point. Also, I find it funny with the Tia Trio comment, Your impressions of every event were like "I got to try the Tia Trio again and it's just as good as I remember it". All the impressions look nice! Though, I might attempt to grab the Diva at the end of the year. I need to get out of mid-fi hell again.

Sep 24, 2022 at 10:19 AM Post #2,703 of 3,652
Sep 24, 2022 at 11:13 AM Post #2,705 of 3,652
Their V44 is on Pre-order from MusicTeck...Precog did you get to try this set?
Yeah but the question is: Is this a different company than Unique Melody? Or is it the same?

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2022 at 11:35 AM Post #2,706 of 3,652
Yeah but the question is: Is this a different company than Unique Melody? Or is the same?
It's UM's new budget flanker brander judging by the price 🤣

Sep 24, 2022 at 1:55 PM Post #2,707 of 3,652
Great recap! It was great seeing you again this year and meeting your friend! There were so many IEMs and other gear to listen to, it was hard to catch up. I didn't get a chance to try out the U3t and Jewel, so I'll try to listen to those next year. Did you try any of the new FiR Audio IEMs?

Great seeing you again too! And yaa I’ve heard them. They’re super colored. NE4 had all sorts of small, weird peaks and dips, KR5 had almost completely dipped upper-mids, and the XE6 had ridiculous amounts of mid-bass. Not a fan of all three lol. But if you’re looking for funky, or want to switch it up, I guess they might fit the bill. At least that seems to be the case for some peeps on Head-Fi.

@Precogvision
Did you ever have a chance to hear IEMs from the German brand Inear?
I finally had the chance to (briefly) visit a shop that had the famous U12T available for demo, and it sounded good, but when the sales rep brought the Inear Prophile 8 and the relativley new ProMission X I was seriously impressed by the significantly greater sense of clarity, layering and detail, while maintaining excellent balance. I had way too little time with them but they reminded me of the Hifiman Susvara (which I also heard only briefly…)

Bottomline: I didn’t spend nearwhere enough time but can’t stop thinking about them. I would love to hear your take on the ProMission X.

Hey! Yes, I’ve heard both of them in SG.

I actually didn’t like the ProMission X as much between the two. It’s more V-shaped than the PP8, and maybe not quite in the right way for my tastes? Something like that, even if it’s the more exciting of the two. Not a bad IEM, but not great for me.

On the other hand, I really liked the PP8 despite not expecting to. The tonality on the PP8 is nearly impeccable minus the upper-treble extension; overall, I hear it as almost dead neutral with a hint of warmth. It’s just reminds me of a purpose driven, well-worn tool. Excellent detail retrieval and sharp imaging despite the average staging. The fit and comfort on the PP8 is also fantastic in tandem with the material they use.

I don’t know about them beating out 12t for me though! :wink:

Nice recap. The U3t is sure interesting. Did you graph the stuff that you were demoing there?

Nah, not enough time. I know Crin graphed a bunch though.

I was a bit confused when you wrote

Do you mean Unique Melody? Or did they rename to Victory Melody? Or is the name of the earphone Victory Melody?

Lmao I don’t know how that word got swapped in - I need to fix that. It should just be Unique Melody.

Their V44 is on Pre-order from MusicTeck...Precog did you get to try this set?

Hey, this is covered in the article!

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2022 at 11:44 PM Post #2,708 of 3,652
Lmao I don’t know how that word got swapped in - I need to fix that. It should just be Unique Melody.
Well, this is what I thought....but interestingly enough, the "Victory Melody" V44 also is not listed (nor branded) as "Unique Melody" on the Musicteck website! :astonished:

https://shop.musicteck.com/products/victory-melody-v44

Can maybe someone shed light on this?

Great seeing you again too! And yaa I’ve heard them. They’re super colored. NE4 had all sorts of small, weird peaks and dips, KR5 had almost completely dipped upper-mids, and the XE6 had ridiculous amounts of mid-bass. Not a fan of all three lol. But if you’re looking for funky, or want to switch it up, I guess they might fit the bill. At least that seems to be the case for some peeps on Head-Fi.

I 100% support your analysis of the Frontier lineup! As owner of the VxV I am quite a bit of a Fir fan, but having had the chance to listen to the NE4,KR5 and XE6 some weeks ago, I was (surprisingly) disappointed! Especially for those astronomical prices!
And I would describe their weaknesses almost exactly as you have written here! Especially the KR5 that sounded almost muffled to my ears.
The craftsmanship of those IEMs is amazing though...

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2022 at 6:26 AM Post #2,709 of 3,652
@Precogvision
Did you ever have a chance to hear IEMs from the German brand Inear?
I finally had the chance to (briefly) visit a shop that had the famous U12T available for demo, and it sounded good, but when the sales rep brought the Inear Prophile 8 and the relativley new ProMission X I was seriously impressed by the significantly greater sense of clarity, layering and detail, while maintaining excellent balance. I had way too little time with them but they reminded me of the Hifiman Susvara (which I also heard only briefly…)

Bottomline: I didn’t spend nearwhere enough time but can’t stop thinking about them. I would love to hear your take on the ProMission X.

Hey! Yes, I’ve heard both of them in SG.
I actually didn’t like the ProMission X as much between the two. It’s more V-shaped than the PP8, and maybe not quite in the right way for my tastes? Something like that, even if it’s the more exciting of the two. Not a bad IEM, but not great for me.
On the other hand, I really liked the PP8 despite not expecting to. The tonality on the PP8 is nearly impeccable minus the upper-treble extension; overall, I hear it as almost dead neutral with a hint of warmth. It’s just reminds me of a purpose driven, well-worn tool. Excellent detail retrieval and sharp imaging despite the average staging. The fit and comfort on the PP8 is also fantastic in tandem with the material they use.
I don’t know about them beating out 12t for me though! :wink:
Thanks a lot for the feedback!
Very interesting that you heard the PMX as V-shaped, I thought it had a slightly colorful-lively but quite neutral tuning. Maybe I should look more into V-shaped IEMs :ksc75smile:
PMX had a more exciting presentation than the PP8, but it also sounded much more defined, detailed and leayered. Is that an effect of V-shaped tuning?
I had associated V-shape with more aggressive treble and more pronounced bass, and to me the PMX didn't have either of them. I remember the treble being very balanced, present but not aggressive, and bass rather neutral, not boring but not forward either.
The sales guy called it a "livlier neutral tuning" and mentioned that his customers also use it for studio monitoring.
I'd love to spend more time with them...

Re the U12T - they didn't fit my ears well, and the impressions from a few quick A/B switches were not that great, so I certainly didn't give them the time and attention needed to get a proper impression. But honestly the fit issues really make them a no-go for me unfortunately. The long nozzles are simply not compatible with my narrow ear canals.

The Inear IEMs on the other hand had a unique shell that perfectly fit into my outer ear (even though they felt a bit large when seating them) and the short nozzle didn't interfere with my narrow ear canals. Maybe a unique issue for me, but the Inear shape was the best I have ever tried.

Sep 27, 2022 at 3:06 AM Post #2,711 of 3,652
Well, this is what I thought....but interestingly enough, the "Victory Melody" V44 also is not listed (nor branded) as "Unique Melody" on the Musicteck website! :astonished:

I 100% support your analysis of the Frontier lineup! As owner of the VxV I am quite a bit of a Fir fan, but having had the chance to listen to the NE4,KR5 and XE6 some weeks ago, I was (surprisingly) disappointed! Especially for those astronomical prices!
And I would describe their weaknesses almost exactly as you have written here! Especially the KR5 that sounded almost muffled to my ears.
Victory Melody (音狂科技 translated as Sound Crazy Technology) is small brand which established around 2-3 years ago (or more, but it's the first time i heard about them)
Link taobao: https://shop131110209.world.taobao.com/
Their current lineup:
- Prince (4BA + 2EST)
- Q28 (14BA)
- V44 (18BA + 4EST)

I do own their entry level, Victory Melody Prince (4BA + 2EST)
Graph can be found on here: https://neptoneaudio.com/graph/?share=Victory_Melody_Prince

Despite there is some imbalance on the graph, i don't hear it on my set
it does sound decent on the price range, not at the level Moondrop S8 yet.
it reminds me of ER4XR with better technical (and fit)
1664261342196.png

And no, it's not Unique Melody

Sep 28, 2022 at 6:23 PM Post #2,712 of 3,652

Yeah I guess it is a separate brand like Asakurai noted above lol

@Precogvision Any impression on the Symphonium Audio Meteor? Compared IE600?

Nevermind, Found it

TOP 5 IEM at CamJam?

Discounting things that I've heard before:
  • 64A U3t
  • Elysian Gaea
  • EE Odyssey
  • FatFreq Maestro SE
  • Symphonium Meteor

Sep 28, 2022 at 7:21 PM Post #2,713 of 3,652
I forgot to ask how was the Meteor's technical performance from memory?

Probably not on par with the Variations.

Also Symphonium went from having one of the most basic IEM faceplates in existence to one of the dopest faceplates I've seen on any IEM.

Sep 30, 2022 at 3:08 PM Post #2,715 of 3,652
Hi, is Maestro SE officially launched? I couldn't find that SE model on their website for sale. I also wonder if there is a significant difference in the sound between Maestro SE and Fiio FHE except more boosted bass on SE?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back