Precog's IEM Reviews & Impressions
Jul 30, 2021 at 4:35 AM Post #1,141 of 3,654
Yes, that is what the score is intended to reflect. The scores I drop in this thread are the "bias" ones which are a general, gut-instinct score based on how much I like an IEM. Either way, I rank the Hana 2021 over the Isabellae for tonal balance and technicalities.

If I'm being honest, I don't really care about price much these days. There is definitely correlation between price and perceived sound quality (this is reflected in the tonality/technicality scores), but it is not a major one when it comes to my personal enjoyment. This is why IEMs like the Moondrop Dusk and Dunu SA6 can score higher than, say, the VE Erlkonig for the bias score.

I would need to A/B the Oxygen and Hana 2021 to know which is exactly better (or not), but they're similar enough that I would just go for the cheaper one :)

Hmm I wonder if the 1 DD movement brings us back to the headphone era.

I'm tempted to grab a pair of Justears MH customs.

Fits. Easy to drive. Stylish. Trusted Sony sound.

It's honestly ticking a lot of boxes.

Jul 30, 2021 at 5:50 AM Post #1,142 of 3,654
Admittedly, I was a tad skeptical when @MRSallee titled his YouTube review “the upgrade you’ve been looking for” - that upgrade obviously being a reference to the Moondrop single-DD lineup. But after spending more time with the Hana 2021 and running A/B comparisons, I have to say: I think this is it. At every turn, it’s a smidge better than its younger brothers from another mother without any drawbacks. Listeners who were holding out for a baby Oxygen also need look no further. The Hana 2021 is definitely getting added to the sub-$200 recommendations list.

Score: 5/10 6/10
That settles it, i have to try.
And from the graph and your description, i think i may even prefer it to IE900, at least it does not look so hollow in the mids :)
graph.png

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2021 at 8:19 AM Post #1,143 of 3,654
That settles it, i have to try.
And from the graph and your description, i think i may even prefer it to IE900, at least it does not look so hollow in the mids :)
I see you have the IE900.
Do you find it hollow in the mids just because of the graph, or does it really seem so because of its sound?

My preferred IEM is Mest, and I am looking for a simple DD right now. I had in my list the Isabellae or the IE900. I think that graphically the most similar would be the IE900 ...

Jul 30, 2021 at 8:27 AM Post #1,144 of 3,654
Do you find it hollow in the mids just because of the graph, or does it really seem so because of its sound?
Sound of course, it's like if an EQ preset "concert hall" or "club" is applied permanently :D
It's fun though, and works great for some music, but the more i'm listening (and especially if i switch between IE900 and M4), the more it bothers me with genres like prog rock and metal.

Jul 30, 2021 at 10:21 AM Post #1,145 of 3,654
Sound of course, it's like if an EQ preset "concert hall" or "club" is applied permanently :D
It's fun though, and works great for some music, but the more i'm listening (and especially if i switch between IE900 and M4), the more it bothers me with genres like prog rock and metal.
As a counter opinion, it works exceptionally well with most of the music I listen to (indie, pop, folk, acoustic). I don't listen to any prog rock, hard rock or metal. I find the IE 900's mids very natural and highly detailed.

Jul 30, 2021 at 11:10 AM Post #1,146 of 3,654
As a counter opinion, it works exceptionally well with most of the music I listen to (indie, pop, folk, acoustic). I don't listen to any prog rock, hard rock or metal. I find the IE 900's mids very natural and highly detailed.
It is true that the graph shows a huge energy difference between the Hana 2021 and the IE900 in the area between 2 kHz and 5 kHz.
But it is also true that this area is a bit hollow in the Mest compared to the Clairvoyance, for example, and I like the Mest more with rock, progressive and metal (they are the only styles of music that I listen to).

Jul 30, 2021 at 3:25 PM Post #1,149 of 3,654
Shoutout to @InvisibleInk for dropping these off today. This is the Geek Wold GK10. Who's ready for some more Head-Fi hype?

IMG_7421.JPG

IMG_7423.JPG

Looking forward for your take. The hype train is full steam ahead, but couple of people dont seem to like it. Ordered mine today :)

Jul 30, 2021 at 3:34 PM Post #1,150 of 3,654
But you guys... They are just so so very ugly. And we all know ugly iems can't sound good. It's science.

Jul 30, 2021 at 3:55 PM Post #1,151 of 3,654
Jul 30, 2021 at 4:38 PM Post #1,153 of 3,654
I dig blue looking one. Just not the heart shape in general
Haha yea. I like the faceplates, the heart shape though is really just not my cup of tea.

I am definitely interested in hearing some reviews of it separate from the hype. Especially because at the price it's an easy impulse buy if it's good.

Jul 30, 2021 at 4:46 PM Post #1,154 of 3,654
Haha yea. I like the faceplates, the heart shape though is really just not my cup of tea.

I am definitely interested in hearing some reviews of it separate from the hype. Especially because at the price it's an easy impulse buy if it's good.

Yeah, I ordered them but i'll try to lower the expectations and separate from the hype. We'll see. Theres also the BGGAR's iem coming out at 50 bucks. Looking forward to comparitions.

Gotta say, not in the market for an IEM atm, but that Hana 2021 got my attention...

Jul 30, 2021 at 6:09 PM Post #1,155 of 3,654
Yeah, I ordered them but i'll try to lower the expectations and separate from the hype. We'll see. Theres also the BGGAR's iem coming out at 50 bucks. Looking forward to comparitions.

Gotta say, not in the market for an IEM atm, but that Hana 2021 got my attention...
hmm...
the BGGAR's iem "supposed" to be better than the Hana 2021, though I have my doubt,
let's see how it goes,

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back