Powerbeats Pro (Truly Wireless IEM from Apple/Beats)
Mar 10, 2020 at 7:27 PM Post #257 of 337
That’s not to say I don’t like Powerbeats Pro. I was able to get a good fit out of them today, which provided deep bass and a stable if slightly imperfect fit. I think I’ll probably be happier with Solo Pro but convenience might win either way.

I’m planning on keeping Solo Pro (I’ll probably sell my Solo3 on here) so there’s a possibility I’ll stick with both.

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2020 at 9:54 PM Post #258 of 337
That’s not to say I don’t like Powerbeats Pro. I was able to get a good fit out of them today, which provided deep bass and a stable if slightly imperfect fit. I think I’ll probably be happier with Solo Pro but convenience might win either way.

I’m planning on keeping Solo Pro (I’ll probably sell my Solo3 on here) so there’s a possibility I’ll stick with both.
Thank you for an update on the powerbeats pro solo; agree about powerbeats pro need a good fit for them to work to full potential.

Mar 10, 2020 at 11:11 PM Post #259 of 337
Thank you for an update on the powerbeats pro solo; agree about powerbeats pro need a good fit for them to work to full potential.
My only real concern is that I’m going to miss being able to easily hear when people want to talk to me in the gym. (I like to make myself approachable.) I’m surprised it doesn’t have a way to pause music and enable Transparency Mode at the same time. Unless enabling Transparency Mode automatically pauses music... it would be pretty smart to at least have the option in settings. I do prefer the passive isolation on Powerbeats Pro for that purpose.

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2020 at 9:24 AM Post #260 of 337
I knew going into it that Powerbeats Pro (and AirPods Pro) didn’t have sound quality that was going to blow me away and that Solo Pro sounds exceptional, but I haven’t worked out with full-size headphones since I started using AirPods so I figured I’d take a chance with Powerbeats Pro since I really like the aesthetic of the Ivory design.

My only real concern is that I’m going to miss being able to easily hear when people want to talk to me in the gym. (I like to make myself approachable.) I’m surprised it doesn’t have a way to pause music and enable Transparency Mode at the same time. Unless enabling Transparency Mode automatically pauses music... it would be pretty smart to at least have the option in settings. I do prefer the passive isolation on Powerbeats Pro for that purpose.
The seal on the powerbaets pro is weak enough for ambient sound or conversation to be heard.

Mar 11, 2020 at 10:29 AM Post #263 of 337
I like having a choice, at times abient sound is what I want to avoid; I wear my airpod pro at times while listening to nothing but with anc on. :)

There are a lot of use cases for AirPods Pro. Truly wireless earbuds with ANC on transit would be incredible, though even then I like to hear my surroundings. (I prefer not to miss what’s going on in the world around me... even at the gym :sweat_smile:) Definitely a must for anybody living in the city.

Mar 12, 2020 at 7:55 AM Post #264 of 337
The durability of the Powerbeats is very good. I use my pair when doing something I might damage or break any other iem, such as yard work, woodworking, house maintenance, or any time I want to use the physical buttons. They've been covered in dust, submerged, muddied, dropped, etc and no issues at all. Clean them up and good to go. The Airpod Pros are amazing for different things, so by having both my convenience needs have been covered.

Mar 12, 2020 at 6:16 PM Post #265 of 337
After under an hour testing Solo Pro at home I decided I’d rather continue using Powerbeats Pro. Truly wireless is just better (Solo Pro barely fit on my head), and the sound quality is closer to reference on Powerbeats Pro.

Mar 12, 2020 at 6:25 PM Post #266 of 337
After under an hour testing Solo Pro at home I decided I’d rather continue using Powerbeats Pro. Truly wireless is just better (Solo Pro barely fit on my head), and the sound quality is closer to reference on Powerbeats Pro.
I would feel the same way; if I wear headphones and their bulk, I use sony mdr 1am2 wired with my fiio q5 with iphone se for data.

Mar 16, 2020 at 11:25 PM Post #267 of 337
I’m pretty thrilled with the sound quality and style of Powerbeats Pro, so these definitely get my approval. The ear hooks do still flail around a bit (and I kind of wish I didn’t try to adjust them since they were easier to put on out of the box), but I don’t see myself going back to regular AirPods.

I’ve worked out with AirPods once since getting Powerbeats Pro and the difference in audio quality and the lack of deep bass was immediately noticeable.

I don’t care for ANC at all so Powerbeats Pro are perfect for me, and I prefer the design to AirPods Pro so I’m happy with my decision.

Mar 16, 2020 at 11:32 PM Post #268 of 337
By the way, I had kept Powerbeats Pro in my car so that they were ready for workouts and kept me motivated to go but with recent gym closings I found myself already missing them so I’m currently listening to them at home and appreciating them even more. Like AirPods, they do excel in quiet environments due to their semi-open design.

The sound is reference quality. They’re excellent for workouts and also Beats’ best-sounding headphone to date. I like them so much I’m considering adding AppleCare but I’m not sure it’s worth the hassle especially since tomorrow is the 60th day since I bought them.

Mar 17, 2020 at 12:54 AM Post #269 of 337
The bright sound signature lends itself really well to rock music. “Nine in the Afternoon” by Panic! at the Disco sounds incredible on these, as it does on most high-end headphones. It almost brings out as much detail in some tracks as my audiophile headphones paired with lossless files.

Mar 17, 2020 at 1:06 AM Post #270 of 337
On a side note, these are much easier to put on without glasses. It’s just a quick twist. I still wish I didn’t try to adjust the ear hooks, but the fit has been improving.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back