Power cables
Oct 30, 2022 at 3:38 PM Post #46 of 62
I wandered into Sound Science thinking I would encounter creative thinking, but I only discovered a bizarre world,and that this section activates my bizzareness.
What a strange world

I went out

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2022 at 5:26 PM Post #47 of 62
I wandered into Sound Science thinking I would encounter creative thinking, but I only discovered a bizarre world,and that this section activates my bizzareness. What a strange world I went out
You have said you had nothing to gain here and you were leaving several times now, but you keep coming back. In this case you resurrected an old thread and tagged gimmeheadroom to passive agressively criticize the point he was making in his post. Then you feign surprise when he blows you off. You've been blown off by most of the regular posters here because you don't engage in honest conversation. Your disingenuousness is obvious in every post you make. I'm not alone in thinking you should take your own advice and leave and not come back.

But you won't leave on your own... Since the admins have chosen not to deal with you, I will deal with you in my own way. I won't engage with you on point, because you have no point. You simply want to troll. So I will point out the trolling and comment on your intentions instead of replying. In this case, the cable thread has gotten a little too hot for you, so you are trying to expand your trolling to other people in other threads. Your manipulations are transparent and you are a waste of time. You're a lousy troll.

I've established my intention. From here on my replies to you will be briefer and more direct. I am confident you won't be around here long.

Oct 30, 2022 at 5:38 PM Post #48 of 62
You have said you had nothing to gain here and you were leaving several times now, but you keep coming back. In this case you resurrected an old thread and tagged gimmeheadroom to passive agressively criticize the point he was making in his post. Then you feign surprise when he blows you off. You've been blown off by most of the regular posters here because you don't engage in honest conversation. Your disingenuousness is obvious in every post you make. I'm not alone in thinking you should take your own advice and leave and not come back.

But you won't leave on your own... Since the admins have chosen not to deal with you, I will deal with you in my own way. I won't engage with you on point, because you have no point. You simply want to troll. So I will point out the trolling and comment on your intentions instead of replying. In this case, the cable thread has gotten a little too hot for you, so you are trying to expand your trolling to other people in other threads. Your manipulations are transparent and you are a waste of time. You're a lousy troll.

I've established my intention. From here on my replies to you will be briefer and more direct. I am confident you won't be around here long.
OK
I'm really interested in what kind of measurements and explanations of those measurements you have, except that you say that someone made up what he hears and that I'm crazy. Give me a scientific view - not a psychological one.
Do it for others, not for me
nowhere have I seen you back up your claims with measurements

And as for gimmeheadroom, before mentioned him, I read what kind of cables they have, and it's obvious that he doesn't buy them for beauty.
and yes, I was expecting a more constructive dialogue with him, but I was really unpleasantly surprised by the answer
I know that all this will twist your understanding, but I don't care

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2022 at 4:46 AM Post #49 of 62
Clean energy is very important in audio, whoever says there is no, has no experience with high fidelity sound
Clean energy can indeed be important in audio (and indeed in many other areas). Mains electricity is virtually never clean and therefore it’s incumbent on the equipment manufacturer to design/implement a PSU which supplies the appropriate energy required by their equipment. If it doesn’t, then it’s faulty/incompetently designed and therefore not Hi-Fi to start with. And a power cable cannot “clean” mains power anyway!
I wandered into Sound Science thinking I would encounter creative thinking
Why on earth would you think that? We’re not creating science here, we’re just discussing the science which has already been completed!
Give me a scientific view - not a psychological one.
We not providing a psychological view here, we’re discussing scientific views. Most typically based on the sciences of physics/maths and psychoacoustics.

We only mention “psychological views” in terms of nonsense audiophile myths/beliefs and the ignorance, gullibility or “groupthink” which enables them to persist.

G

Oct 31, 2022 at 5:41 AM Post #50 of 62
Thank you admins.

Oct 31, 2022 at 6:43 PM Post #51 of 62
Just plug your gear into a 100.00 avr and battery backup and you dont have to worry about the power coming from the wall. You also dont have to worry about about the emi either. No need for expensive power cables.

Nov 21, 2022 at 6:02 AM Post #53 of 62
My 2c.

Have any technologies gained in high end cable manufacturing ever been embraced or used in scientific research, military, aviation or medical industries?
Most likely the other way around. Operations running off tax revenue have bottomless budgets.

Nov 21, 2022 at 6:14 AM Post #54 of 62
Think about it:
- If a power cable of any kind, can improve the operation or sound of an audio device, it would surely mean, the device's power supply section is inadequate!
What's the job of a power supply??. . . . Exactly .

Nov 21, 2022 at 6:35 AM Post #55 of 62
Think about it:
- If a power cable of any kind, can improve the operation or sound of an audio device, it would surely mean, the device's power supply section is inadequate!
What's the job of a power supply??. . . . Exactly .
That is not really an argument. Garbage in garbage out is a thing. So maybe enough clean power coming in makes the system sound better. Until you test every specific thing, you can't dismiss anything or that wouldn't be science.

Personally I don't believe in cable magic, but I do believe it could be worth spending a few extra bucks/quid/euros etc. to get something well-made out of good materials and at a thickness that has some breathing room for the required voltage and current-carrying specification required.

Some people like colored tape on their handlebars. It doesn't make the bike faster or handle any better but it does look better.

Nov 21, 2022 at 7:21 AM Post #56 of 62
That is not really an argument. Garbage in garbage out is a thing. So maybe enough clean power coming in makes the system sound better. Until you test every specific thing, you can't dismiss anything or that wouldn't be science.
Personally I don't believe in cable magic, but I do believe it could be worth spending a few extra bucks/quid/euros etc. to get something well-made out of good materials and at a thickness that has some breathing room for the required voltage and current-carrying specification required.
Some people like colored tape on their handlebars. It doesn't make the bike faster or handle any better but it does look better.
By all means, don't buy crap quality!
But the mains power, has gone through many miles of wiring outside the home, and many meters inside the house, the fuse box, the sockets on the wall etc. and one has no control over any of that!
So if the last meter of cabling has an effect on performance, surely the PSU is broken!
The job of the PSU is to take all that noise, fluctuations, RFI, EMI infected mains electricity, purify it to a stable Clean electricity for the device to use, if it needs help, then it was not sufficient.

Nov 21, 2022 at 7:26 AM Post #57 of 62
By all means, don't buy crap quality!
But the mains power, has gone through many miles of wiring outside the home, and many meters inside the house, the fuse box, the sockets on the wall etc. and one has no control over any of that!
So if the last meter of cabling has an effect on performance, surely the PSU is broken!
The job of the PSU is to take all that noise, fluctuations, RFI, EMI infected mains electricity, purify it to a stable Clean electricity for the device to use, if it needs help, then it was not sufficient.
I agree with that, to a great extent. It's similar to the problem of buying a nice headphone cable and not rewiring the headphone driver wiring. But we also know that PSUs on most low and some mid-fi gear are pretty sketchy, not enough filtering etc.

But on the other hand, there is the idea of not making things worse. So yeah, we have no control over what happens until the juice gets to the electrical outlet. But maybe there is some marginal benefit of not degrading the power, signal etc. even further.

Nov 21, 2022 at 7:40 AM Post #58 of 62
I agree with that, to a great extent. It's similar to the problem of buying a nice headphone cable and not rewiring the headphone driver wiring. But we also know that PSUs on most low and some mid-fi gear are pretty sketchy, not enough filtering etc.
And those who have purchased a low/mid fi equipment would have chance in hell of improving the outcome with a fancy mains cable??
But on the other hand, there is the idea of not making things worse. So yeah, we have no control over what happens until the juice gets to the electrical outlet. But maybe there is some marginal benefit of not degrading the power, signal etc. even further.
Which brings us back to the notion of " it can't improve the performance" but I never said it can not degrade it either! hence "don't buy crap quality".
Standard cables are as good as any. Faulty cables! that's another matter.

Dec 18, 2022 at 8:33 AM Post #59 of 62
That is not really an argument. Garbage in garbage out is a thing.
It is “an argument”, it’s actually a very good argument because “garbage in, garbage out” is NOT “a thing”! In fact that’s the whole point of a PSU in the first place; mains in (garbage), exact voltage and current out. If a PSU cannot provide that exact voltage/current output then it is faulty.

“Garbage in, garbage out” is certainly “a thing” in many other areas, even other areas of music recording creation, but as far as power supply is concerned, it’s just another example of an out of context cliche falsely applied for audiophile marketing purposes!
But we also know that PSUs on most low and some mid-fi gear are pretty sketchy, not enough filtering etc.
But we don’t know that. If the output of a PSU is not suitable for the precise requirements of the downstream electronics, that’s serious incompetence on the part of those designing the unit (and specifying the PSU’s performance tolerances for that unit). PSUs are hardly some new, poorly understood or rarely employed technology!

G

Dec 18, 2022 at 8:41 AM Post #60 of 62
Welcome back, Gregorio. I missed you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back