Potentiometers other than Alps Blue
Dec 7, 2003 at 4:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Magic77

500+ Head-Fier
I know the Alps Blue is a great pot and I'm using one with my Pimeta; But, I was just wondering what other pots people are using besides the Alps Blue?(excluding the Panasonic EVJ).

I know Noble is supposed to be very good. Any others that are just as good or better than the Alps Blue that could be used in the Pimeta?

How about Stepped Attenuators?

Dec 7, 2003 at 7:07 PM Post #3 of 7
If you didn't want to do a stepped attenuator (tho the ones referenced above look nice and appear to be a very good value for the money), take a look at the TKD CP-2511 conductive plastic pots. Michael Percy sells them, as well as THL Audio. They are expensive, (~US $60 for stereo), but are really nice... much better than the Alps Blue.

Dec 8, 2003 at 2:04 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally posted by Magic77
I know the Alps Blue is a great pot and I'm using one with my Pimeta; But, I was just wondering what other pots people are using besides the Alps Blue?(excluding the Panasonic EVJ).

I know Noble is supposed to be very good. Any others that are just as good or better than the Alps Blue that could be used in the Pimeta?

How about Stepped Attenuators?

The Noble will fit nicely in place of the Blue. Better tracking than the Blue, IMO. At least as good as a Black Velvet (Have both).

Dec 8, 2003 at 4:18 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally posted by Dreamslacker
The Noble will fit nicely in place of the Blue. Better tracking than the Blue, IMO. At least as good as a Black Velvet (Have both).

Do you know the Part# or Model# of the Noble Pot you are speaking of? Thanks.

Dec 8, 2003 at 5:01 PM Post #7 of 7
The 1 inch black Noble pot that Michael Percy sells for $20 is the AP-25. Michael told me Noble still makes it especially for him even though it is no longer in the catalog. Note that this pot has the pins 100 mils farther back from the front panel than the Alps Blue, so it is not board compatible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back