Post your Photography Here!
Feb 12, 2007 at 9:09 AM Post #572 of 1,784
Ok this is the FIRST set of film ive used with my dads camera, most didnt turn out well, and i had to figure out what was going wrong with the flash etc etc, but here are a few shots that i thought turned out well.

Bumming around
theboys.jpg

What a random
biggrin.gif

alex2.jpg

IPhone?! O_o
al1.jpg

Feb 12, 2007 at 3:07 PM Post #575 of 1,784
Holy Moly...that's so beautiful!!! Great job!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by griff2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Took this while in Santorini a year ago: Canon 300D 17-24 f/4 L
santorini15.jpg

Feb 12, 2007 at 4:54 PM Post #576 of 1,784
Quote:

That shot looks so clean. Was that an artwork?

Nope, this is an actal shot, taken as the sun was setting.

This is the volcanic island which exploded in 1450BC, wiping out the Minoan empire in Crete.

Quote:

Holy Moly...that's so beautiful!!! Great job!!!

Thanks. Santorini and Rhodes are beautiful islands and wherever you point the camera, your sure to get a good picture.

I'm in the middle of constructing a gallery at the moment, and will hopefully have it done by the end of this month.

Feb 13, 2007 at 2:55 AM Post #577 of 1,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by griff2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nope, this is an actal shot, taken as the sun was setting.

This is the volcanic island which exploded in 1450BC, wiping out the Minoan empire in Crete.

Thanks. Santorini and Rhodes are beautiful islands and wherever you point the camera, your sure to get a good picture.

I'm in the middle of constructing a gallery at the moment, and will hopefully have it done by the end of this month.

Lol, i mean, is the boat/white grounded area an artwork :p I was sure its a photo, but the boat just being there and eveything being so set out is too nice to just be a stranded boat haha Or is that someones verandah?

Feb 13, 2007 at 10:54 AM Post #580 of 1,784
WhatMACHI wrote: Quote:

Lol, i mean, is the boat/white grounded area an artwork :p I was sure its a photo, but the boat just being there and eveything being so set out is too nice to just be a stranded boat haha Or is that someones verandah?

Whoops, see what you mean; yes it's an artwork, the place is littered with them.

Here's another example:
santorini_sunset.jpg

Feb 13, 2007 at 7:29 PM Post #582 of 1,784
My contribution

streets.jpg

Scroll ----------->>

Canon 350d

stock 18-55

And photoshop CS3
biggrin.gif

Feb 13, 2007 at 8:00 PM Post #583 of 1,784
Is that all one picture? or did you photoshop 3 together. Im new to photography and maybe theres some super widescreen camera I am unaware of (lol i sound like a total idiot).

Feb 13, 2007 at 8:30 PM Post #584 of 1,784
Quote:

What camera/lens did you use? The images are also incredibly clean, did you use any noise reduction in post processing?

The first 3 shots were: Nikon D2H, Nikon 28-70mm AF-S F/2.8, ISO 200 or 400 with fill flash set to underexpose by 1/3 stop.

The bottom shot was : Nikon D2H, Tokina 12-24mm F/4G, ISO 1250 with fill flash set to underexpose by 1/3 stop.

I shoot RAW without any in-camera processing. Everything is adjusted post-production in photoshop. I use Noise Ninja on most shots taken above ISO 200. It can't salvage everything, but it sure helps in most cases. I'm constantly fighting the urge to over-noise reduce and over-sharpen.

These particular jpeg files were reduced in size twice, so I'm surprised there's no glaring noticeable artifacts in them.

The D2H is notorious for producing noise at high ISO, but it's really only a big problem if the shot is underexposed. Oddly enough, the D2H also tends to automatically underexpose a little (intentionally I've heard, to avoid highlights from being burnt out), so to compensate, I've started to (depending on the shot) set the camera at 1/3 stop overexposure to reduce potential noise and set the flash to underexpose by 1/3 stop to keep it from over-powering the shot. IMO, at least with that camera, it's a better trade off to accept a few burnt out highlights in exchange for less noise. Until I figured this out, I suffered terribly from Canon-envy.
smily_headphones1.gif
There's not much exposure leeway allowed however. I've heard the D2Hs produces less high ISO noise and the D-200 less still.

I'm still learning the ins and outs of digital cameras and sometimes forget to set ( or forget how to set
smily_headphones1.gif
) something right. With my old medium format Rolleis I could set both camera and flash manually and consistently get a near-100% success rate (on exposure at least ... film's exposure latitude helped a lot ) . With digital I'm probably more like 70 - 80% at this point. Fortunately, not having to pay for film and processing makes this acceptable.

Feb 13, 2007 at 10:00 PM Post #585 of 1,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pm@c /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is that all one picture? or did you photoshop 3 together. Im new to photography and maybe theres some super widescreen camera I am unaware of (lol i sound like a total idiot).

Theres actually about 6 photoshopped together, its a 360 degree photograph.

You can get 360 lenses but they will distort far more than through a normal lense. Normal lenses have so little distortion you cant really tell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back