Post your Photography Here!
Jan 20, 2007 at 1:21 AM Post #497 of 1,784
This was taken by a photographer called JING and most of his other works can be viewed on http://www.venacava.org/. My photography friend was also a model in this cute candid shot.

kensen640.jpg

Note, there wasn't any photoshop done.

Jan 20, 2007 at 3:14 AM Post #498 of 1,784
Hahaha, that's sooo funny razer. Thanks for the laugh!

Jan 20, 2007 at 5:15 PM Post #502 of 1,784
A couple of shots done in Miami during my holiday trip there end of December with my old compact Canon s30.
Lionel

Collage
collage_std.jpg

In Little Havana
photo2%20154_std.jpg

Night shot in the park by Ocean Drive in south beach
photo2%20190_std.jpg

Jan 20, 2007 at 5:23 PM Post #503 of 1,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by uofmtiger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got a Lensbaby 2.0 for Christmas and finally got out over the weekend to take a few shots with it. It was raining, so it was a challenge, but here they are:

I looked it up, I did not know this type of lens.

I like the color cemetery one with the cross a lot, and the full statue one as well.

The head statue and the Sign at night did not interest me that much in term of composition and the use of that specific lens is less Obvious. But I like the others 2 a lot !

Congrats with the new lens.
I looked it up and might be tempted.

I looked on their website, and you got the version without the 3 'sticks', is that correct ? Does it means that you have to hold it in the wanted position while you take the shot ?
Lionel

Jan 20, 2007 at 6:03 PM Post #504 of 1,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by lionel marechal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I looked it up, I did not know this type of lens.

I like the color cemetery one with the cross a lot, and the full statue one as well.

The head statue and the Sign at night did not interest me that much in term of composition and the use of that specific lens is less Obvious. But I like the others 2 a lot !

Congrats with the new lens.
I looked it up and might be tempted.

I looked on their website, and you got the version without the 3 'sticks', is that correct ? Does it means that you have to hold it in the wanted position while you take the shot ?
Lionel

The head statue was really just to blur the background with the sweet spot being on the droplet. It was for MLK Day and titled "Bow". The "Sun Records" shot was taken from the car at a stoplight, so not much time to get the exact shot I wanted (I would have preferred more blur on the left side of the logo).

However, I am very pleased with the shots I have gotten with it...though it takes some practice to get the shot the way you invision it. The two shots you liked came out exactly the way I wanted. It was not easy with all the rain and trying to hold up an umbrella while getting the right amount of blur with the correct sweet spot... But it was nice to know my patience paid off.

Anyway, the regular 2.0 lens is only about $150. The Lensbaby 3 is for photographers that want the ability to take the same shot more than once. With the regular Lensbaby or Lenbaby 2.0 it is practically impossible. I wanted the 2.0 to see if I liked the lens before putting down the $240 (or whatever it costs) for the three pronged version.

I also got the shot below using the lens. If you compare this one to the others, you can see that if you leave the focus in the middle, you can blur the sides, too. It is really a fun lens to mess around with. I also got the macro kit for Christmas, but I have not had a chance to use it yet...

x.jpg

Jan 22, 2007 at 3:37 AM Post #507 of 1,784
Pics from my Saturday/Sunday trip to Half Moon Bay, CA. First time I've laid eyes on the Pacific Ocean from the coast.
smily_headphones1.gif
I think this is also the first batch of pics I'm posting that I used with the semi-manual mode on my camera (Canon PowerShot SD600). If anyone wants the 1600x1200 (or 768x1024) originals for wallpaper, PM me.

hmb_x1.jpg

hmb_x2.jpg

hmb_x3.jpg

hmb_x4.jpg

hmb_x5.jpg

hmb_x6.jpg

hmb_x7.jpg

280_1.jpg

280_2.jpg

280_3.jpg

Jan 22, 2007 at 5:33 AM Post #508 of 1,784
Beautiful shots ASR! My parents flew up to Half Moon bay to visit some friends last fall and they said it was absolutely gorgeous up there.

Here are some shots I took today, just a few snapshots from Kaka'ako beach park.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back