Post your Photography Here!
Jan 12, 2007 at 4:02 AM Post #466 of 1,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by vagarach /img/forum/go_quote.gif
WOW!

Awesome awesome stuff. Especially the Aston and corvette shots. Butterflys are nice too
biggrin.gif

Thank you
redface.gif
!

I didn't put them up, but the Audi R10 is hands down the most difficult vehicle to get a shot of. The damn thing is so fast and whisper quiet, you really needed to pay close attention to their position in the race to gauge when it would show up again (no easy thing in mixed class racing!). I'll post more soon. Here's that elusive Audi:

235508718_c61825fcf7_o.jpg

And the lovely Panoz Esperante:

235509929_f0644ba133_o.jpg

Jan 12, 2007 at 5:02 AM Post #467 of 1,784
I just got a D50 with the 18-55 DX kit lens for Christmas and I'm amazed at the images it can turn out. These are WITHOUT a tripod, IS, or anything of that sort, just handheld with the kit lens. Sure, I had to slam it into ISO 1600,(and you can tell my the highlight and shadow clipping) but it's a DSLR, so the images are still pretty darn clear and noise-free (My SD700 has more noise at ISO 800).

Anyway, this is my church and the organ that I play there. I normally go nuts with organ pictures, so I limited myself to posting pictures only of the Great.
smily_headphones1.gif

The Console
DSC_0619.jpg

The main great chest and some of the pipes on it. For the organ nuts: 8' Trumpets in the front on their own ARS chest, then on the main chest, 2' Fifteenth, 2 2/3' Fifth, 4' Octave, 8' Melodia, 8' Dulciana, 8' Open Diapason.
DSC_0649.jpg

Big, Fat, Old M.P. Moller Romantic diapasons. Yeah, baby!
DSC_0681.jpg

The Mixture III, errr, half of it.
DSC_0755.jpg

The sanctuary, down the middle.
DSC_0600.jpg

The sanctuary, from the left.
DSC_0602.jpg

Sanctuary from the right:
DSC_0614.jpg

I experimented with different angles with the sanctuary ones. Some where taked prone, some standing on the pews (see the last pic) and with different angles. I was surprised at how changing my position could affect the pictoral quality.

Jan 12, 2007 at 5:15 AM Post #469 of 1,784
Never noticed this thread before. I was fiddling with some photos from a recent trip earlier today, so I guess I'll join in. This is my favorite from that trick. It took me probably a dozen exposures to get it right!

kiwis.jpg

Jan 12, 2007 at 5:16 AM Post #470 of 1,784
I was editing it, I guess you missed that in my post, I should have put it at the end. The pictures are fixed now, delete your temporary internet files to view the newly resized ones (had to do it manually, looks better anyway).

Jan 12, 2007 at 6:01 AM Post #471 of 1,784
After seeing those butterflies I have to post this little dragon...

dragon.jpg

dragon2.jpg

Jan 12, 2007 at 8:56 AM Post #472 of 1,784
Rhythmicmoose, Great shot! What kind of fruit is that?

GlendaleViper, that C-6R shot is awesome, I like the colors. WB fiddling or just great shot?

Haven't been shooting too much lately myself but I kind of liked this one, not anything special just a bit of eye candy. This rose hardly ever flowers in our garden but this Christmas it went nuts. No saturation changes in PS.

Jan 12, 2007 at 3:15 PM Post #477 of 1,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by skyline889 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
GlendaleViper, that C-6R shot is awesome, I like the colors. WB fiddling or just great shot?

Minor fiddling. It rained all weekend, so the overall pallette was pretty close to begin with. I'm just using a Canon S3 IS, so most of my pictures end up doctored in some way or another. The butterfly shots are "virgins" though, beyond the standard minor tweaks.

I am a firm supporter of messing with colours, exposures, highlights and shadows, etc. I really need to get myself another SLR though. The Nikon D200 is on the shopping list (eventually). Some of the scenery and macro shots in here make me realize just how much colour and clarity I'm missing.

There are some really, really fantastic pics!

Jan 13, 2007 at 12:59 AM Post #480 of 1,784
I know these are bordering on cheesy [if not full on cheesy], but I wouldn't even consider myself an amateur photographer, so please forgive me.
smily_headphones1.gif

airplane1.jpg

airplane2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back