Post Your Photography Here #2
Nov 15, 2013 at 2:45 AM Post #11,551 of 15,759

This should surprise some folks who order on-line.
eek.gif

I had no idea?

Nov 15, 2013 at 3:07 AM Post #11,552 of 15,759
It was obvious from the spec. It measured MUCH larger than every single pre-F4 professional Nikon, that's all. The only people that kept up saying it was like a film camera had probably only handled monsters like the F4. If the Df was a as small as an FE, I'd not worry about the redundant control scheme or the ridiculous overlapping of mechanics onto digital circuits the way Nikon did. Size is the biggest problem with this camera. By far. After that is the ridiculously digital control scheme, which is almost only a step away from being as bad.

Nov 15, 2013 at 3:17 AM Post #11,553 of 15,759
I'm kinda in the market for a camera but maybe for a D600. I love the feel of the old Nikons as that is what I learned on and used. Still how could anything feel like an old Nikon with that form factor?

Nov 15, 2013 at 3:45 AM Post #11,554 of 15,759
You may have to wait a very long time in order to get a camera like an old Nikon. Once the auto-everything trend hit they lost grip on pretty every Nikon thing. Nowadays I can't say there is any difference between any of the SLR manufacturers apart from RAW handling and lens price. 

Obviously the only cameras worth for intense AF action are the Nikons and Canons, but the true work is being done in mirror less. However, they are competing under the exact same rules: price price price. Features pile on, prices go down or up, but basically nothing has changed. I'm hoping Fuji's next XTRNS weather tightened body is something like a traditional SLR. Their XF lenses are SLR lenses; they look funny (and huge) on faux rangefinder bodies. 

Nov 15, 2013 at 4:53 AM Post #11,555 of 15,759

Picked up the Sony a7r as a replacement for my D800.

Beautiful camera. I've been really impressed by MinoltaSony recently. The DF is smexy to look at, but this seems like a more practical and purposeful full-frame. I'm very depressed by Canon's lack of innovation. But I guess it keeps me holding onto my 40D until eternity. I don't think I'll change it until the 5D Mark V comes out...

Nov 15, 2013 at 7:00 AM Post #11,556 of 15,759

really kickin booty in the camera industry. cant wait till i get my A77.

Nov 16, 2013 at 11:41 PM Post #11,559 of 15,759

Think I recall you saying something along these lines.
wink.gif
  #2 and the somewhat sinister looking #4 are my favorites.

Autumn Mist:

Ok, I just had to make sure I did.

That cat looks like it has more more sinister intentions than my lady friend.

Nov 17, 2013 at 12:02 PM Post #11,563 of 15,759

eek.gif
LOL

Nov 17, 2013 at 12:23 PM Post #11,564 of 15,759
Some good stuff in here everybody! I've been away from head-fi for a while but thought id pop back in and see whats new :D

Been getting neck deep in photography lately and thought id share some of my recent stuff! Everything is HDR except the last two shots.

I shoot with a 60D and a 70-200 f4L/18-135 Kit lens. I use LR5 and Photomatix for editing.

Cheers!

~Marc

Nov 17, 2013 at 12:42 PM Post #11,565 of 15,759

Oh, it actually looked quite friendly in that particular picture.
wink.gif

I'm fairly certain that cat is possessed.

Here's a sneak peak of something I'm working on that will go live today:

This was taken with a Sigma DP1s, a camera that is pretty sucky at macro pics. All I did was get a set of "close-up filters". I have a set by Vivitar, and another by Kenko. I was afraid that the filters would degrade PQ (picture quality), but It looks just as good as the DP1 taking landscape pictures without filters. Zero post processing was used either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back