Post Your Photography Here #2
Jul 18, 2008 at 6:03 AM Post #2,251 of 15,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wil /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Towert, just a quick question, do you do any PP with your shots?

Love the colors.

Many thanks Wil!

Sometimes yes, sometimes no. Depends on how good of a job I did taking the picture. Like, for the picture of the lady, my white balance setting created colors that I didn't like too much (though close). So I tweaked them a bit in software.

My most common edit is selectively changing levels to create more vibrancy. Some pictures though, I'm happy with them as they are, so I'll just rotate them 90º and be done with it.

Thanks again for the nice comment.

Jul 18, 2008 at 6:15 AM Post #2,252 of 15,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by jude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Absolutely. So that video was you? That was great, man. I have Photoshop CS2, but currently use just a tiny (and I mean tiny[/i/]) slice of its functionality. The curve adjustments illustrated in the video I haven't played with yet, but now I will.

If that was you, please do keep on making 'em.

I don't know how I missed this post.
Yes, it was me, and I have no skills at voice recording!!!
I'll try and continue to do little videos.
Thank you very much Jude.

Jul 18, 2008 at 6:47 AM Post #2,253 of 15,743
I've much to learn Towert!

I'm actually quite sick of messing around with photoshop, cause i've come to realize that i depend on it too much.

I'm always thinking "bah, i'll just tweak it in PS later." And then come to realize that shots are under/over-exposed and tweaking it to produce proper exposure/WB always creates a shot with weird artifacts.

Need to think more before i actually snap a shot!

Jul 18, 2008 at 7:49 AM Post #2,254 of 15,743
Quote:

I've much to learn Towert!

I'm actually quite sick of messing around with photoshop, cause i've come to realize that i depend on it too much.

I'm always thinking "bah, i'll just tweak it in PS later." And then come to realize that shots are under/over-exposed and tweaking it to produce proper exposure/WB always creates a shot with weird artifacts.

Need to think more before i actually snap a shot!

We all start off like this. Watch, in a year you'll look back on some of your photos and think: "Hm, I could have done that better now!" That'll be a great feeling.

I've found, in general, the better the camera and the settings used, the less you need to edit it in software. It is also very important to get things like lighting correctly to get the best photos (very hard). And sometimes, you just have to time certain shots right. And so in that respect it's up to chance for nature shots.

I think it's good that you are striving to get the pictures as good as possible right out of the camera. That's the best! leave photo editing as a last resort.

Jul 18, 2008 at 7:51 AM Post #2,255 of 15,743
Quote:

Strongly agree. Street photog takes LOTS of balls. Either that or use a telezoom and take candid portraits. lol.

You can also use super wide angle and get within feet
biggrin.gif
Or is that girlie like live view?
tongue.gif

Jul 18, 2008 at 7:58 AM Post #2,256 of 15,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by lan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can also use super wide angle and get within feet
biggrin.gif
Or is that girlie like live view?
tongue.gif

LOL.

Either way, both are hard!

Jul 18, 2008 at 8:01 AM Post #2,257 of 15,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by Towert7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We all start off like this. Watch, in a year you'll look back on some of your photos and think: "Hm, I could have done that better now!" That'll be a great feeling.

I've found, in general, the better the camera and the settings used, the less you need to edit it in software. It is also very important to get things like lighting correctly to get the best photos (very hard). And sometimes, you just have to time certain shots right. And so in that respect it's up to chance for nature shots.

I think it's good that you are striving to get the pictures as good as possible right out of the camera. That's the best! leave photo editing as a last resort.

Thanks for the tips Towert.

I'll tell myself when i'm shooting to get a shot right, and only use PS to touch up the shot ( min. levels/curves ).

2679609826_1a0e63b701_o.jpg

Taken this morning.

Jul 18, 2008 at 6:13 PM Post #2,259 of 15,743
Some excellent shots as usual guys, too many to comment on, i should just visit more frequently. lol.

Here's a quick attempt at a gritty/grungy self portrait. Snooted flash camera left, brightness/contrast, B&W conversion with blue filter, smart sharpen and a tighter crop.

portgrit-r.jpg

feel it could have been sharper with more definition but hey it was a lighting experiment.

Jul 18, 2008 at 7:04 PM Post #2,260 of 15,743
our little one (7 weeks old now) in a blow out pic:

334206078_LCcG2-O.jpg

Jul 18, 2008 at 8:01 PM Post #2,261 of 15,743
ooz, your photo ain't showing? forget to add the link?

here's one i'm not too sure about but thought i'd post anyway since it's related:

headphones-r.jpg

Jul 18, 2008 at 8:34 PM Post #2,262 of 15,743
^^ thanks for the note.

I am using my webservice (hostgator + gallery) and somehow I could see it in my desktop but noone else...Anyways, I moved it to smugmug and it should be all set now.

Also, here is an interesting one:

328266681_S9oHV-O.jpg

Jul 18, 2008 at 9:07 PM Post #2,264 of 15,743
Two pics from a fundraising sportscar event last year.

Noble M400 (Don't reallly know about the crop...)
Noble.jpg

Ferrari 348ts
Ferrari.jpg

krmathis: How do you hide behind the windscreen with a tankbag that big?
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back