Post Your Photography Here #2
Jul 19, 2008 at 12:52 AM Post #2,266 of 15,758
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark.s /img/forum/go_quote.gif
krmathis: How do you hide behind the windscreen with a tankbag that big?
wink.gif

No need to crawl down behind the windscreen before hitting 150kmh++.
In norwegian speeds of 80-100kmh it take away most of the wind when I sit upright behind the tank bag. No problem at all...

Jul 19, 2008 at 2:53 AM Post #2,267 of 15,758
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No need to crawl down behind the windscreen before hitting 150kmh++.
In norwegian speeds of 80-100kmh it take away most of the wind when I sit upright behind the tank bag. No problem at all...

That's no tank bag that's a chest pillow, wrists get a little tired, just lean on the tank bag
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Actually I've shied away from tank bags thinking that filling up would be a hassle. Is it a big pain when it's time to re-fuel?

BTW nice trip snaps.

Jul 19, 2008 at 7:31 AM Post #2,269 of 15,758
Quote:

Originally Posted by ronin74 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's no tank bag that's a chest pillow, wrists get a little tired, just lean on the tank bag
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Actually I've shied away from tank bags thinking that filling up would be a hassle. Is it a big pain when it's time to re-fuel?

BTW nice trip snaps.

Thanks!
smily_headphones1.gif

Well, it takes a little more work to re-fill. If light packed just release the two locks in the back and flip it forward. If heavy packed release all four locks and drop it to the ground. Takes a couple of extra minutes thats all.
But totally worth it compared to driving with a backpack...

Jul 19, 2008 at 2:22 PM Post #2,270 of 15,758
Well i fell off of my bike for the first time in over 5 years on the 3rd, and damadged my elbow. My elbow was feeling better today, i missed riding, and was bored, so i got back on the bike and went into the woods a minute down the road with my camera in the little bag.

Saw the structure and wanted to just take this photo. People at ovelooking windows must have thought i was rather wierd walking up to it and lying down on the grass beneath... Not fully symetrical, but i like the idea, and will be going back to try and improve the shot and the others i took of the barbs... Looks cool when colour is added to the sky, or darkened leaving a dark sky and black frame. Feel free to edit/towertize and repost, i fiddled but couldnt post them all! If you can remove the tree on the right please do!

P7190676.jpg

Two bugs i saw, "doing it"
P7190682.jpg

They were such good subjects. It was windy and i couldnt get a good focussed shot, so i trimmed off the stalk and carried them home. They didnt even hop away. I put them on the garden table and used my tripod... Then as i put them towards the flowerpot they started to climb it. I love the reflection in this shot. Not as good macro as my wasp pic though
frown.gif

P7190715.jpg

Again, feel free to towertize or edit the first and repost how you think it looks best. If you can remove the tree at the right, please do!

Comments and edits of any of my pics welcome, i want to improve, then i will have a justified reason to save for a DSLR instead of a car and insurance, ready for two years time
smily_headphones1.gif
[size=xx-small] (Parents dont have enough money to help out anymore now my dad is retired due to disibilty, and sunce they have split up, so im trying to start saving allready.)[/size]

Matt

Jul 19, 2008 at 8:06 PM Post #2,272 of 15,758
1. The DogFather.
DSC_2079-r.jpg

2. The Lurker.
lurker-r.jpg

PP on both again just curves, levels, contrast, B&W conversion, smart sharpen.

Jul 20, 2008 at 12:19 AM Post #2,273 of 15,758
Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron_Dreamer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A few from a recent outing:

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/1981/dsc1955bq1.jpIMG]

[IMG]http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/3374/dsc1976wk4.jpG]

[IMG]http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7200/dsc1977em6.jMG]

[IMG]http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/1600/dsc2000wf1.jpG][/i]
[/td] [/tr] [/table]

I've convinced myself that I'm definitely going to live somewhere in California when college is over. You're not making New York seem any more desirable. [img]http://www.head-fi.org/forums/images/smilies/http://hfimage.head-fi.org/smilies/biggrin.gif

Jul 20, 2008 at 2:26 AM Post #2,274 of 15,758
Quote:

Originally Posted by KevDo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
1. The DogFather.
PP on both again just curves, levels, contrast, B&W conversion, smart sharpen.

Hehe i like how the lighting works out here

More shots from Mutts N Mittens.

A very playful but naughty white and tabby kitten

The tabby eying the kitten suspiciously

Most of the photos ended up like this

And to end this post is Lucky. Hes a very people friendly rottie who is unfortunately on his last legs with ligaments issues and cancer. Still a very manja fellow though.

Thanks for viewing and as always more from my flickr site.

Jul 20, 2008 at 7:32 AM Post #2,275 of 15,758
Nothing special, just some random shots I've taken and played with a bit. Using an old Canon A75 Powershot.

Jul 20, 2008 at 2:34 PM Post #2,276 of 15,758
Iron Dreamer, that last picture is absolutely stunning. Well done!! Was it taken with a Sigma 10-20?

Baines93, I like your first picture a lot.

DemonicLemming, to me your third picture is special.

Jul 20, 2008 at 3:28 PM Post #2,277 of 15,758
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder /img/forum/go_quote.gif

DemonicLemming, to me your third picture is special.

x2

The lighting really makes the picture.

Jul 21, 2008 at 6:31 AM Post #2,280 of 15,758
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Iron Dreamer, that last picture is absolutely stunning. Well done!! Was it taken with a Sigma 10-20?

What else?
biggrin.gif

I'm amazed what a lens that wide can accomplish. I was standing much closer to that first rock formation than it would appear. I just happened to be there at the perfect time of day, with helpful weather. 99% of the time, that same shot would look pretty dull.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back