Post Your Photography Here #2
Jul 17, 2008 at 5:18 PM Post #2,236 of 15,760
Quote:

Originally Posted by beerguy0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Went to this spot for the first time yesterday. We got hit with a brief but intense downpour while we were there. Our reward for getting soaked was getting to watch the flow over the falls increase dramatically in just minutes.

(This falls is only .2 miles from my house - definitely a place to check out this Fall.)

20D, 10-22 EF-S @10mm.

From this:
http://beerguy.smugmug.com/photos/333234959_PWVKH-L.jpg]

To this:
[IMG]http://beerguy.smugmug.com/photos/333234852_WFR5r-L.jMG][/i]
[/td] [/tr] [/table]

Gorgeous; as is the norm for Upstate New York. Speaking of the Adirondacks, where are you exactly in the upstate area? My family and I are heading up to Warrensburg for a one day trek, and I figure it'd be a great opportunity for some nature photography, like the kind you've posted here.

Jul 17, 2008 at 6:35 PM Post #2,237 of 15,760
Some street:

2677933568_d73b8077d8_o.jpg

2677118643_e94ba287d1_o.jpg

Jul 17, 2008 at 7:36 PM Post #2,239 of 15,760
Quote:

Originally Posted by Towert7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think the color version would have looked better, especially since some ducks (even females) have really fancy color patterns.

Maybe x) But I'm not photographer xD, and I took that picture for fun :3.

Jul 17, 2008 at 8:52 PM Post #2,240 of 15,760
Beerguy, that second picture is really something! Doesn't even look like water.

Jul 17, 2008 at 8:57 PM Post #2,241 of 15,760
Quote:

Originally Posted by GTRacer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Some street:

It's very hard to do street photography good! You either 'do it' or not. Technically, your pictures are fine, but [for me] they are lacking that human element that makes good street photography unique.

It's a tough line to cross between 'snapping one off secretly', and having the kahunas to take the picture with them knowing. I'm trying to get over this fear myself. I totally missed out on a good one today because I didn't have the kahunas to ask the lady for her picture. Blast! Curse this street photography thing! It's hard.

Jul 17, 2008 at 8:58 PM Post #2,242 of 15,760
Quote:

Originally Posted by Saana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe x) But I'm not photographer xD, and I took that picture for fun :3.

Ah, well that's great that you took the picture for fun! Best type of photography!

Jul 17, 2008 at 9:27 PM Post #2,243 of 15,760
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baines93 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How do you get pictues like that without them noticing you and your big lens and camera?!
eek.gif

Great pics as always though
smily_headphones1.gif

Matt

They were shot from the hip (ie, without looking through the viewfinder and just relying on the distance scale for focusing) which makes things a lot less conspicuous.
smily_headphones1.gif

Towert: Yeah, they aren't my favourite shots but I was with a group of people so it was very hard to blend in... Not much time to simply observe the environment and pick things out as we had places to go to. That and I need a wider lens as 50mm (75mm on my D80) isn't cutting it. I'm toying with the idea of picking up a Bessa R3M + 40mm f/1.4 just for street, but then I'd need a film scanner and all the other costs associated with film...

Jul 17, 2008 at 9:34 PM Post #2,244 of 15,760
Quote:

They were shot from the hip

I usually use Live View or remote release
biggrin.gif

Jul 17, 2008 at 11:48 PM Post #2,247 of 15,760
Quote:

Originally Posted by Towert7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's very hard to do street photography good! You either 'do it' or not. Technically, your pictures are fine, but [for me] they are lacking that human element that makes good street photography unique.

It's a tough line to cross between 'snapping one off secretly', and having the kahunas to take the picture with them knowing. I'm trying to get over this fear myself. I totally missed out on a good one today because I didn't have the kahunas to ask the lady for her picture. Blast! Curse this street photography thing! It's hard.

Strongly agree. Street photog takes LOTS of balls. Either that or use a telezoom and take candid portraits. lol.

Jul 18, 2008 at 12:22 AM Post #2,248 of 15,760
Quote:

They were shot from the hip (ie, without looking through the viewfinder and just relying on the distance scale for focusing) which makes things a lot less conspicuous.
smily_headphones1.gif

Towert: Yeah, they aren't my favourite shots but I was with a group of people so it was very hard to blend in... Not much time to simply observe the environment and pick things out as we had places to go to. That and I need a wider lens as 50mm (75mm on my D80) isn't cutting it. I'm toying with the idea of picking up a Bessa R3M + 40mm f/1.4 just for street, but then I'd need a film scanner and all the other costs associated with film...

Well you're already miles ahead of me. I try and take pictures form the chest...... and so far almost no pictures have come out level. ~_~

Jul 18, 2008 at 5:25 AM Post #2,249 of 15,760
Admiration

D50, ISO 1600, 60mm (no VR), 1/20sec.......... I can't believe it came out......
I like the facial expression though.

In Life, Seek Balance

EuroSport, I kid you not

Nothing special, just goofing around having fun!

Jul 18, 2008 at 5:48 AM Post #2,250 of 15,760
Towert, just a quick question, do you do any PP with your shots?

Love the colors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back