Post Your Photography Here #2
May 27, 2015 at 1:10 PM Post #13,533 of 15,743
The DHL man showed up yesterday with the Yongnuo 35mm f/2. A few samples from around my apartment until I get to shoot it in the real world.

Build quality around the mount is really nice too. Overall, this is a frickin steal for $115. Yonguo for MVP.

May 27, 2015 at 2:14 PM Post #13,534 of 15,743
@lugbug1 what statue is that with all the cracks? - it's beautiful and great composition too!

@dminor - is that vignetting from the rainbow natural, done in post, or just corner darkness from your lens? One of the best rainbow shots I've seen. :stuck_out_tongue:

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
May 27, 2015 at 3:18 PM Post #13,536 of 15,743
Angry bird

18148750661_98bec87447_h.jpg

May 27, 2015 at 3:27 PM Post #13,537 of 15,743
  The DHL man showed up yesterday with the Yongnuo 35mm f/2. A few samples from around my apartment until I get to shoot it in the real world.

I miss my little Canon 35 f/2, which was the smallest, lightest Canon lens I saw.  The 7 aperture blades of YN (5 of Canon) definitely seems to render bokeh smoother.  Canon also had a strange, nasal AF sound that sounded like coughing; is this sound still present?  I would love to see more sample shots, in low-light, better light, etc including skin tones!  The Canon had good IQ but contrast was on the low side..

May 27, 2015 at 3:59 PM Post #13,538 of 15,743

Build quality around the mount is really nice too. Overall, this is a frickin steal for $115. Yonguo for MVP.

Congrats, looks like some nice glass for the price. My favorite lens is my cheapest (35mm 1.8) 

@lugbug1 what statue is that with all the cracks? - it's beautiful and great composition too!

Thank you. It's a wood carving of a woman in a park about 10 mile from where I live called Hardwick Hall Park. (north east England)

Heres another angle of it..

And another statue from the same park.

May 27, 2015 at 10:36 PM Post #13,540 of 15,743

I miss my little Canon 35 f/2, which was the smallest, lightest Canon lens I saw.  The 7 aperture blades of YN (5 of Canon) definitely seems to render bokeh smoother.  Canon also had a strange, nasal AF sound that sounded like coughing; is this sound still present?  I would love to see more sample shots, in low-light, better light, etc including skin tones!  The Canon had good IQ but contrast was on the low side..

Bokeh is definitely more buttery here. Really buttery actually. 

The Yongnuo, despite not having the inaudible USM motor, is a lot quieter than the cheap canon AF motors. The sound is deeper in pitch, and it just seems "well lubricated" compared to the higher pitched whiny sound of the lower end canons...if that makes any sense.

I'll do my best to post more samples in the coming days. I'll likely have to "borrow" a few friends before I have to leave town for my hospital rotations.

May 28, 2015 at 4:13 PM Post #13,541 of 15,743
Take heed those who dare walk 'The Steps of Doom'... For there will be darkness! (amongst all the doom..) 
eek.gif

May 28, 2015 at 4:37 PM Post #13,542 of 15,743
Shots from a local musical event in my area. Feel free to offer comments/critique. I had the pleasure of using the Pentax 77mm f1.8 for this event... now I want one. All of the following images were taken with the 77mm. That wasn't on purpose; I just chose the ones I liked the best!

May 29, 2015 at 5:51 AM Post #13,543 of 15,743
Take heed those who dare walk 'The Steps of Doom'... For there will be darkness! (amongst all the doom..) :eek:  

I can see you doing band portraits in these areas.

May 29, 2015 at 12:47 PM Post #13,545 of 15,743
  Shots from a local musical event in my area. Feel free to offer comments/critique. I had the pleasure of using the Pentax 77mm f1.8 for this event... now I want one. All of the following images were taken with the 77mm. That wasn't on purpose; I just chose the ones I liked the best!

I really like this one. Nice sharp lens and 77mm is probably a good length for this kind of stuff. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back