Post Your Photography Here #2
Jan 9, 2015 at 12:35 AM Post #12,736 of 15,743

I love flower macros. Anyone know how to fix or prevent that purple fringe like on the last pic of the black eye susan?

Jan 9, 2015 at 2:43 AM Post #12,737 of 15,743
Nice @Redcarmoose
! You have inspired me to dig through some archives... these are from when I was experimenting with macros in 2004 using my Oly C770 superzoom. Loved that camera! I'm pretty sure that I was also using a Oly Bmacro lens.

Love shot three. Always wanted to get something like that, still trying.

Jan 9, 2015 at 8:05 AM Post #12,738 of 15,743

I love flower macros. Anyone know how to fix or prevent that purple fringe like on the last pic of the black eye susan?

It's usually a lens issue. I can't remember if the sensor can cause issues too. I know Lightroom has tools to try to adjust it. I think Lightroom might even attempt to remove it automatically if you import RAW files like it does for hot spots (which is so so nice).

I'm sure there are add-ins for other software too for post processing.

Jan 9, 2015 at 8:39 PM Post #12,739 of 15,743
Experimental shot. What do you guys think?

These are my Oakley Garage Rocks. Wish I had a macro lens for these shots. And on the second pic, no, that isn't a scratch on the "O", just some dust I didn't notice.

Jan 9, 2015 at 9:51 PM Post #12,740 of 15,743

I don't know how to fix that fringing, but I honestly don't find it to be a problem in that image, and all of those images rock :)

Jan 9, 2015 at 10:12 PM Post #12,741 of 15,743

I don't know how to fix that fringing, but I honestly don't find it to be a problem in that image, and all of those images rock :)

Thanks. They are some of my favorite that I have taken. It really doesn't bother that much but I know if I ever wanted to print it and hang it in a show or something then it might end up being an issue. I printed that one for home and the fringing is actually slightly worse on paper. I've just not really looked in to how to correct it or how to prevent it in the future though I've never really had too much problems since. I'm just a low end hobbyist but I'd like to get a little more serious with my photography.

Jan 10, 2015 at 1:13 AM Post #12,742 of 15,743

Longitudinal chromatic aberration (caused by contrast fringes outside the CoC) is common in macro lenses but can be fixed in post and sometimes automatically if shot in RAW as mentioned earlier. 

SCreen to print is a  whole new  world of colour science with regards to calibration and ensuring print consistency! 

Jan 10, 2015 at 1:23 AM Post #12,743 of 15,743
I will say my screen is not calibrated but I plan to get a system soon to get that done and keep up with it. And yeah, I did use a macro and RAW. I shot it quite sometime ago and I doubt I still have the raw file but I'll look. Maybe I can find a tutorial on correcting it because it certainly didn't happen automatically as you can see...lol

Jan 10, 2015 at 2:29 AM Post #12,744 of 15,743
Hope no one's superstitious here...
wink.gif

Jan 10, 2015 at 5:56 AM Post #12,745 of 15,743
A simple bowl of fruit... (with no processing)

I've just started using lightroom today and so I'm shooting with raw files for the first time. I can see a big difference in quality (obviously before I convert them, but even after the convert they are much better.) I dread to think how distorted my processed jpegs have been.... Can't look at them now haha  

Jan 10, 2015 at 9:02 AM Post #12,747 of 15,743
A simple bowl of fruit... (with no processing)

I've just started using lightroom today and so I'm shooting with raw files for the first time. I can see a big difference in quality (obviously before I convert them, but even after the convert they are much better.) I dread to think how distorted my processed jpegs have been.... Can't look at them now haha  

Agree on the RAW.
RAW is absolutely more work, but definitely worth the effort!

Nice fruit by the way, what's the matter, aren't you hungry?
No bite marks! :p

Jan 10, 2015 at 9:41 AM Post #12,749 of 15,743
Agree on the RAW.
RAW is absolutely more work, but definitely worth the effort!

Nice fruit by the way, what's the matter, aren't you hungry?
No bite marks!
tongue.gif

They're plastic...  

(joking :D)

Defo RAW from now on though bud. 

I'm stuck in the house today coz the weather is quite literally atrocious! (my fence has gone.... My son's little house has took off like something from the Wizard of oz!)

So I'm trying to be a little creative indoors.. :D 

This started out as rain drops on the window. 

Jan 10, 2015 at 10:20 AM Post #12,750 of 15,743
  They're plastic...  

(joking :D)

Defo RAW from now on though bud. 

I'm stuck in the house today coz the weather is quite literally atrocious! (my fence has gone.... My son's little house has took off like something from the Wizard of oz!)

So I'm trying to be a little creative indoors.. :D 

This started out as rain drops on the window. 

And turned into a bad acid trip........just joking!
How did you do that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back