Post Your Photography Here #2
Dec 3, 2013 at 2:24 PM Post #11,641 of 15,758

(Click on the photo to see it full size.)

How's the 812 coming along Jude? Any pre-HeadFiTv impressions you'd like to share? They look great, kinda like a mix between the Philips X1 and AKG's own K602.

-edit- Is the vignetting in the top right corner of the photo intended? If it were me I woulda either brought it up in Lightroom to match the rest of the background, it looks more like fall off from a strobe than vignetting... Other than that, Great shot!

Dec 6, 2013 at 6:26 AM Post #11,643 of 15,758
My brother finds some truly amazing things at his work (recycling center) which people care for no longer. 

He brought around this Rolex watch a few days ago.

Dec 6, 2013 at 7:32 AM Post #11,644 of 15,758
My brother finds some truly amazing things at his work (recycling center) which people care for no longer. 

He brought around this Rolex watch a few days ago.

[COLOR=FF4400]
[/COLOR]

First photo - Very elegant and classy. :)

Dec 7, 2013 at 11:49 AM Post #11,650 of 15,758
The Oregon coast is littered with some beautiful lighthouses, but I do believe this is the best one I have come across so far. Thanks to the invite from Ben Coffman, we ended up at the Yaquina Lighthouse at around 10 at night. It was around 18 degrees out.
As we marched quickly trying to warm up over the 1 mile hike, we witnessed was possibly one of the most brilliant meteors of the year so far breaking up into pieces. After the few seconds of ooh and aahing after such a celestial event being typical phtographers we continued the march cursing our missed opportunity of having the shutter open. 
As we rounded the bend, the lighthouse appeared in front, with a quaint little shed built at the bottom. With a gap of every 10 seconds the lighthouse would paint the landscape and silently holler out to sea for all souls to heed the warning of the impending disaster if they strayed too close to it. 
As we began setting up our gear, working out compositions, we were pleasantly surprised to see the milky way in plain sight despite being so close to a town and having a lighthouse going off every so often within a stone's throw from us. While the core of the milky way is no longer visible, what is visible is still a heck of a view.

Dec 8, 2013 at 4:48 AM Post #11,651 of 15,758
  The Oregon coast is littered with some beautiful lighthouses, but I do believe this is the best one I have come across so far. Thanks to the invite from Ben Coffman, we ended up at the Yaquina Lighthouse at around 10 at night. It was around 18 degrees out.
As we marched quickly trying to warm up over the 1 mile hike, we witnessed was possibly one of the most brilliant meteors of the year so far breaking up into pieces. After the few seconds of ooh and aahing after such a celestial event being typical phtographers we continued the march cursing our missed opportunity of having the shutter open. 
As we rounded the bend, the lighthouse appeared in front, with a quaint little shed built at the bottom. With a gap of every 10 seconds the lighthouse would paint the landscape and silently holler out to sea for all souls to heed the warning of the impending disaster if they strayed too close to it. 
As we began setting up our gear, working out compositions, we were pleasantly surprised to see the milky way in plain sight despite being so close to a town and having a lighthouse going off every so often within a stone's throw from us. While the core of the milky way is no longer visible, what is visible is still a heck of a view.

Oh ma gawd. That view is sensational! *__*

Dec 8, 2013 at 7:06 AM Post #11,652 of 15,758

A small room with pale walls works wonders with a bounce flash.

Dec 8, 2013 at 1:06 PM Post #11,653 of 15,758

IPhone 4 unretouched file

Dec 9, 2013 at 2:19 AM Post #11,654 of 15,758

Dec 9, 2013 at 12:53 PM Post #11,655 of 15,758

Users who are viewing this thread

Back