Post Your Photography Here #2
Nov 30, 2010 at 3:45 AM Post #7,186 of 15,766

Quote:
I have it on my computer at 2048x1536...  My father-in-law lowered the resolution on my camera without telling me, otherwise it could have been a bit bigger.  It's also not as sharp as I would like it to be, but would be happy to give you a copy anyway. 

Thanks a lot mate. Sent you off my email address. Cheers.

Dec 5, 2010 at 7:30 PM Post #7,187 of 15,766
This thread has gone cold.

I'll try to revive it a little!
2ntieq8.jpg

End of Summer
Super Takumar 50mm 1.4, wide open

Dec 5, 2010 at 7:55 PM Post #7,189 of 15,766
No "bar-bies" to throw the shrimp on in your section of the "down under"?

Dec 6, 2010 at 2:12 AM Post #7,194 of 15,766

My favorite vacation spot in Michigan. It's Mackinac Island and doesn't allow any cars. You can rent a bike and ride the 8 miles around the island! It only takes one hour.
If you live in Michigan you have to visit. It's also the home of what seems like dozens of Fudge shops and it's famous for that in Michigan. This shot is taken from Fort Mackinac.

Dec 6, 2010 at 6:15 AM Post #7,196 of 15,766

Quote:
My favorite vacation spot in Michigan. It's Mackinac Island and doesn't allow any cars. You can rent a bike and ride the 8 miles around the island! It only takes one hour.
If you live in Michigan you have to visit. It's also the home of what seems like dozens of Fudge shops and it's famous for that in Michigan. This shot is taken from Fort Mackinac.

Looks like a beautiful place!

Dec 7, 2010 at 6:50 AM Post #7,198 of 15,766

Quote:

Ahh, that brings back memories!  I worked there for a week as a part of the Boy Scout Honor Guard - almost 10 years ago now.  I was stationed at the Beaumont House, the building two left of the church on the corner.

Not my favorite vacation spot in Michigan though - but that's a hard one to answer anyway, since there's so many good spots!  Personally, I like Leelaneau, Benzie, and Grand Traverse counties.

The family favorite is Point Betsie:

Dec 7, 2010 at 6:58 AM Post #7,199 of 15,766
Point Betsie is also a hotspot for board sports - in particular it's a world-class kiteboarding site, thanks to its strong winds and almost ocean-like surf.  Oh, and the amazing water.

On a normal day it isn't that busy - but this was such a beautiful Saturday that it was packed (well, compared to the norm in Northern Michigan).

Dec 7, 2010 at 7:07 AM Post #7,200 of 15,766
Okay, I can't resist one more:

They're all from my website: http://blackbeardben.smugmug.com/

Sorry about the low saturation - something funky is going on with SmugMug.  It looks almost like they're AdobeRGB photos displayed as sRGB, but that's definitely not the case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back